Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail not picking up mail for over a week

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail not picking up mail for over a week in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get the mail on my phone, but not on my laptop. It has worked fine until just recently.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marites1, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Marites1 Win User

Windows 10 Mail not picking up mail for over a week

I get the mail on my phone, but not on my laptop. It has worked fine until just recently.

:)

Marites1, Apr 23, 2021
  2. Hitman Win User

E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail not picking up mail for over a week :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail not picking up mail for over a week - Similar Threads - Mail picking mail

2. Can't get Yahoo mail transfer over to Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get Yahoo mail transfer over to Windows Live Mail: A couple of months ago transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail became problematic, it has now stopped completely.I can no longer send or receive emails from Windows Live Mail.I am using:1 Google Chrome2 Windows Live Mail 20113 Windows 74 Yahoo+ mailArrrgh, any ideas...
  3. Back up Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Back up Windows 10 Mail: I have found the supposed answer to this over and over again, that you should find the Mail folder in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps\LocalState \Indexed\LiveCommThe problem is there is no Indexed\LiveComm folders on my PC. I have...
  4. Back up Windows 10 Mail

Back up Windows 10 Mail: I have found the supposed answer to this over and over again, that you should find the Mail folder in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps\LocalState \Indexed\LiveCommThe problem is there is no Indexed\LiveComm folders on my PC. I have...
  5. Setting up Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up Windows 10 Mail: I've tried repeatedly to set up my email account in Windows 10 Mail on a new laptop. "We couldn't find your settings" comes up each time. I can go directly to the server and gain immediate access. What's wrong?...
  6. Mail App crashing over and over.

Mail App crashing over and over.: In this month after the latest update, my mail app keeps crashing over and over. I can only check my mail for literally 3s before the app freezes and I have to close and open it again. So if I scroll slow I cant read any mail.I have try everything from the websites: the cmd...
  7. mail search brings up icloud mail instead of windows 10 mail

in Cortana
    mail search brings up icloud mail instead of windows 10 mail: Entering "mail" into the search window bottom left corner windows 10 my GF's laptop brings up the icloud mail app which immediately asks to create an account. my GF and I do not use icloud mail and and want windows 10 mail to be found. we use icloud for its "find my...
  8. Windows 10 mail takes over the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mail takes over the screen: I still have problems with Windows 10 mail taking over the screen, I can't shut down using the start button and if I uninstall it the screen goes crazy when I re-boot. Can I get rid of this unwanted app. I have run the latest update V1809 o/s build 17763.292 and it still...
  9. Cannot set up mail on Windows 10 mail or outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot set up mail on Windows 10 mail or outlook: Hi, I would like to ask for help as to why I cannot set up any of my email accounts on my Windows 10 mail or on Outlook. Please see photo below on the error for Windows mail. Is this because of a network error? But my internet is working just fine. Or because I am using...
  10. WLM cannot pick up E-Mails from Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    WLM cannot pick up E-Mails from Yahoo: This is my bosses laptop just upgraded to WIN10. When he opens WLM it gives him a popup asking for e-mail address at yahoo and password to download the mail. Next I see the popup with the green bar running from left to right. It never reaches the end and the whole popup...