Windows 10: Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app

Discus and support Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 2004 I have configured my mail account in settings > email & accounts so I'm able to receive new mail notifications in the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FirstLastWN, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app

I have configured my mail account in settings > email & accounts so I'm able to receive new mail notifications in the Windows 10 notification area bottom right in the system tray.

I have set my default mail application in settings > default apps > email >to Thunderbird.

Whenever I get new mail notification in the Windows 10 notification area bottom right in the system tray and I click on the notification, it opens Windows Mail instead of Thunderbird which is the default mail application. How can I make Windows open Thunderbird instead of Windows Mail when I click on the notification?

:)

FirstLastWN, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Hadab2008 Win User

Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out)

Hello,
    I have a problem with Windows 10 Mail app notifications.
    When trying to enable notifications from system option, I cannot toggle it at all?
    Despite the fact that it is already the default app!

Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app [​IMG]

Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app [​IMG]

Any suggestions ?

Hadab2008, Oct 22, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app

1. Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app - Similar Threads - mail notifications obeying

2. mail app as a default

in Windows 10 Customization
    mail app as a default: Why would I use "mail" in windows 10 when I already have a gmail account? What is the purpose of "mail"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-as-a-default/5633cbb2-8eb8-45a8-a6d6-9540d17f450d
  3. Windows 10 mail app delayed notification

Windows 10 mail app delayed notification: The windows 10 mail app is receiving emails with delay and as such notifications are also delayed or sometimes there is no notification. The sync setting for the mail is Download new content ' as item arrive'. Please tell best solution for this problem....
  4. Right click send to Mail Recipient does not obey default mail client settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click send to Mail Recipient does not obey default mail client settings: A company I work with has a dozen new machines at winver 1809 which I have been setting up with O365 for Business but where the default mail app is IBM Notes. When a user right clicks in Explorer and does "Send to Mail Recipient" Outlook setup wizard is invoked. This is...
  5. default mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default mail app: Every time I start up my PC since I updated to 1903 I get a message that there is no mail app associated. I do not have Outlook, only the Mail app from the app store. When I look at file associations or default programs I see Mail but I still get the weird message every...
  6. Mail app notifications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app notifications.: No notifications for my Mail app. It's greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/mail-app-notifications/5a5a4f1b-a889-4e6a-9531-9e39884730c1
  7. Use mail app as default mail client

Use mail app as default mail client: Hi I would like to use the Windows 10 built in email client and make it available in the "send to" menu. Now i have read that this is not possible but i dont understand why it would be a selection for default e-mail...
  8. Windows 10 mail App, notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail App, notifications: Just started using the Windows 10 mail app. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. I checked the option to have notifications come up in the Action Center, as well as Notification banners and to play a sound. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. In the mail app, I...
  9. No default mail app

in Browsers and Email
    No default mail app: I want to right click on a file and send it to a mail recipient but Windows 10 PRO 16299.309 tell me there is no default mail client. I have looked at the Windows default mail app and it is set to Outlook 2016, no success. I have opened Outlook 2016 and made sure that I...
  10. No Mail app notifications

in Browsers and Email
    No Mail app notifications: OK so I've found the first app I like and have converged all my web mail boxes into the Mail app which is convenient and works well, though sometimes its hard to find the download links anywhere which forces me to the web version. I get mail notification sounds on my...