Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I imported my Contacts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 into People on Windows 10 using a csv file. I got around 30 "Unnamed Contacts"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TonyWaldron28, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts

Hello,

I imported my Contacts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 into People on Windows 10 using a csv file. I got around 30 "Unnamed Contacts" which I deleted, but not sure where they came from. My problem is that when I try to send an email and click on the People button I am seeing Suggested Contacts, and this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! How can Windows determine who I might like to send emails to? It's a very strange "feature". But worse than that when I scroll to below Suggested Contacts I see the alphabetic list, BUT only some of the Contacts are there! If I click the People icon on the bottom of the Mail app I can see all the Contacts.
    So in short:-
    I - How do I make the full list of People appear when I click the People icon on a new email?
    2 - How can I stop the program listing Suggested Contacts?

Regards,

Tony

:)

TonyWaldron28, Oct 18, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 18, 2019
  3. GaryB0125 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App Suggested Contacts

I finally figured out how to get rid of unwanted suggested contacts for my outlook.com account in the Windows 10 Mail App:

• Sign into the outlook.com account on the web and then delete any unwanted suggested contacts by clicking the X next to the suggested contact.
    • Sign out of outlook.com and then open the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Delete the outlook.com account from the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Add the outlook.com account back in.
    • The deleted suggested contacts are now gone!

GaryB0125, Oct 18, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts

1. Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts - Similar Threads - Mail Suggested Contacts

2. Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?: I've been searching the knowledge base and there hasn't been much since 2017-2018 on this subject. Is it still impossible to create a contact list in Windows Mail and the People App?I was able to create a list on the web when logged into Live and accessing my contacts,...
  3. Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?: I've been searching the knowledge base and there hasn't been much since 2017-2018 on this subject. Is it still impossible to create a contact list in Windows Mail and the People App?I was able to create a list on the web when logged into Live and accessing my contacts,...
  4. Microsoft People suggested contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft People suggested contacts: HiIt seems that Microsoft People is automatically creating contacts for people who sent me some emails in the past. I don't know how it works actualy, i simply see some contacts that i have never created appearing in my contact list. Could it be "Suggested contacts?"The...
  5. Microsoft People suggested contacts

Microsoft People suggested contacts: HiIt seems that Microsoft People is automatically creating contacts for people who sent me some emails in the past. I don't know how it works actualy, i simply see some contacts that i have never created appearing in my contact list. Could it be "Suggested contacts?"The...
  6. Windows 10 mail old contacts appear that are not in the People App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail old contacts appear that are not in the People App: Hi there, I've moved to Windows 10 and when using the Mail app, I type in part of an email address or shortcut name such as "dad" and it gives me an email address that is out of date - not by days or months but years! I've looked in the People app and filtered out all the...
  7. Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions: I have been searching forums off and on for more than a year. How do I delete email address suggestions from Windows? They have to be stored somewhere, they have to be accessible...some way, some how. When I type a name into the address bar and I get ten suggestions for...
  8. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  9. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0
  10. Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail: Hello everyone, My problem is that I have a contact with the wrong name. Lets say "Jane" and I have hundreds of emails from that address, but now I want to change her name to be correct. If I go to people app, find the profile and change the name, the change is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail suggested

2. suggested contacts in windows 10 mail

3. windows 10 mail suggested contacts

4. windows 10 mail export suggested contacts