Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Program No way to change password

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Program No way to change password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using the win10 mail program, I have 3 different email accounts. One is a personal one through local provider, one is a google account and one is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pat Zu, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Pat Zu Win User

Windows 10 Mail Program No way to change password

Using the win10 mail program, I have 3 different email accounts. One is a personal one through local provider, one is a google account and one is through EXCHANGE. I have been attempting to update the email password on the Exchange account. Going through Account settings, I only have the option to "change mail sync options" or "delete account". I thought this might have only been a quirk of the Exchange account, but I checked account settings on other accts and there are no change/update password options. The Exchange account was set up correctly and was working properly. It stopped working and I wanted to reset the password and have been unable to do so

:)

Pat Zu, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

change password in win10 mail app

Hi,

The steps on how to change your password depend on the service you are using.

To change the password of your Microsoft account which is associated with Office, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

article

You can also check to this
    link
    for information on how to update your password in Mail for Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Dec 13, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Any way to add programs to default list?

Hi, good - an association is easier to deal with than a protocol, for which I see Thunderbird, Mail and Store listed. That implies Eudora needs to register its capability to be listed.

I noted this:
    Ajay and Jim, I stumbled onto the solution.

In desperation I figured that I'd install the simple mail program the MS provides and use it as a go-between, but didn't quite know how to find it in 8.1, so I searched with the term "mail." Up popped an offer to, among other things, change the default email program. OK, worth a try. Eudora was the suggestion that came up!!!!

Windows 10 Mail Program  No way to change password [​IMG]

That suggests what you need to have in the registry. I found Mail\Hotmail curious (must be the Mail app).

I imagine you've searched around on this topic.
    I just found:
    Google Groups
    - which seems to suggest v7.1 works in win 10.

How to run Eudora v7 on Windows 10 | Ian Tresman
    - a couple of hints on compatibility and an option (probably want to avoid the complexity of junctions etc)

dalchina, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Mail Program No way to change password

Password change for Windows10

Hi,

There are several ways on how change the user accounts password in Windows 10. We recommend that you follow these steps to easily change your Windows password.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail Program No way to change password

1. Windows 10 Mail Program No way to change password - Similar Threads - Mail Program change

2. cannot change mail password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change mail password: trying to put in a new password for mail in win 10 but I keep getting an unknown 16 digit number. Why is it not acceptinging my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-mail-password/f2efd883-f92c-44f3-8d93-773f3e24e212
  3. cannot change mail password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot change mail password: trying to put in a new password for mail in win 10 but I keep getting an unknown 16 digit number. Why is it not acceptinging my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-mail-password/f2efd883-f92c-44f3-8d93-773f3e24e212
  4. Is there a way to change how program windows are moved?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change how program windows are moved?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LimpCoffee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lj5fhg/is_there_a_way_to_change_how_program_windows_are/
  5. Changing password in Windows 10 Mail app

Changing password in Windows 10 Mail app: I have a yahoo account I use in Windows 10. Yahoo insisted that I change the password but when I go into the mail app on a different computer to update with new password I don't get an option Go into Account and then Settings Manage Accounts but the only thing I can...
  6. Mail password change issue

Mail password change issue: I changed my password for my ATT mail account that was one of the accounts added in the Win10 mail app. It then needed to be changed in the Mail app. Each attempt to change the password was met with a message that the account needed attention. Seems like going around in...
  7. Auto password change in Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto password change in Mail: Hi I'm setting up a new desktop Win10, and I have 6 accounts running via Mail. 5 are a mix of Gmail and Outlook and they work fine, the 6th however is an IMAP account which no matter how many times I install/uninstall/reinstall the password is always changed to a 16-digit...
  8. Windows 10 mail changes my password

Windows 10 mail changes my password: It would appear that this problem is ongoing. I thought I was going nuts, but no, windows mail is just driving me nuts! I have reset the app from settings and it continues to change my password with impunity. Is this microsoft's way of blackmailing you into paying for 365?...
  9. Windows 10 Mail program

Windows 10 Mail program: How do I change the Default font in Mail for Windows 10? I hate Calibri Body and want to change it to Times New Roman at 14 Points and a Green color. Thanks, Ed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-program/52a13d86-ec67-4d57-81f5-346514e60826
  10. Is there a way to set a password for Mail for Windows 10?

Is there a way to set a password for Mail for Windows 10?: Hi, This is probably a very stupid question, but is there any way to set a password for the Mail app itself instead of the email accounts added to the app? I have explored the settings options but didn't find any. Essentially I just am looking for a password prompt to popup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why no password for windows 10 mail

2. change password in win10 mail

3. windows mail no change password

4. cant change password in windows 10 mail,
  5. windows mail no password change option,
  6. no password in windows mail,
  7. why windows mail password will not change,
  8. change password on windows 10 mail,
  9. no option to change password in windows mail,
  10. no option to change password windows mail,
  11. no change password in windows 10 mail,