Windows 10: Windows 10 mail: Return to inbox after reply?

Discus and support Windows 10 mail: Return to inbox after reply? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm new to the Windows 10 mail program – and fairly new to Win10 itself. I've been using em Client for my email needs, but ran into some quirks with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Emmalfal, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 mail: Return to inbox after reply?

I'm new to the Windows 10 mail program – and fairly new to Win10 itself. I've been using em Client for my email needs, but ran into some quirks with it and decided to give the built-in email program a try. It's nice. Super simple and lightweight and it manages three accounts for me without hiccups. However, no matter how deep I dig into the settings, I cannot find a way to make the program return to the inbox after I reply to an email. It's such a small thing but it drives me nuts. After I reply to an email, I don't want to return to that email. Why would I? Clearly if I'm replying to it, I've already read it. I wondered if anyone here has found a way around it or if I'm the only email user in the world that's bothered by that lack of feature. Searching for answers has been frustrating. All I get are pages dedicated to the various quirks of Outlook. Which is funny, I suppose, because as I recall, in Outlook "close email after reply" is actually in the options. Guh.

submitted by /u/Emmalfal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Emmalfal, Nov 3, 2019

2. E-mails not going into inbox

This did not work either. How hard can it be ti get the right e-mail to go to inbox instead of junk.

Hello ,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Joan Pin.
    Title:
    E-mails not going into inbox

Who's your email provider? Have you tried to remove and re-add your account in the Mail app?

We also suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Mail app to fix any sync issues or settings that may affect your email. Here's how:

How to uninstall the Mail app on Windows 10

• Open the Start menu and search for Windows PowerShell.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command on PowerShell and hit Enter:
      • Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Restart your computer to complete the task.
    Note: This command will remove the Mail and Calendar apps from Windows 10. Once you have completed the task, you’ll need to reinstall both apps from the Store.

How to reinstall the Mail app on Windows 10

• Open the Windows Store.
    • Search for Mail and Calendar.
    • Click the app from the result.
    • Select Install.
    • Go to Start menu, open the Mail app, and complete the setup.

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the original thread.***

MichaelHickle, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 mail: Return to inbox after reply?

How do I unlink linked inboxes in Windows 10 Mail?

I was able to unlink the inboxes, thanks

shambhoosharma, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 mail: Return to inbox after reply?

1. Windows 10 mail: Return to inbox after reply? - Similar Threads - mail Return inbox

2. Windows mail unlink inbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail unlink inbox: In Windows 10 Mail, I linked the inboxes.I cannot find how to unlink them.How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-unlink-inbox/69f519dc-bc7e-46d4-bd3e-454bc8bba013
  3. Windows mail unlink inbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail unlink inbox: In Windows 10 Mail, I linked the inboxes.I cannot find how to unlink them.How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-unlink-inbox/69f519dc-bc7e-46d4-bd3e-454bc8bba013
  4. Just A Return Reply...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Just A Return Reply...: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,If i were to ditch my now installed Kaspersky free and then go back to the Windows Defender antivirus it will only end up with only losses and no wins relating to a dangerous downloads.I though the newer updates for the Windows Defender antivirus...
  5. Just A Return Reply..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just A Return Reply..: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,I earlier mentioned a bluescreen result from my last email, that was after reading in some websites that Microsoft can check all computers automatically and the bluescreen warning was sent by Microsoft was a reply by them stating my 5th/6th Gen....
  6. Just A Return Reply..

Just A Return Reply..: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,I earlier mentioned a bluescreen result from my last email, that was after reading in some websites that Microsoft can check all computers automatically and the bluescreen warning was sent by Microsoft was a reply by them stating my 5th/6th Gen....
  7. There is no mail in my inbox.

There is no mail in my inbox.: Somehow all my email was deleted, and I haven't received any emails for the past 4 days. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-mail-in-my-inbox/55cf8e73-4ffb-4eb0-99b5-da60eef68f9f
  8. my replies are returned

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my replies are returned: The last month or so any reply I submit to an answer received from Microsoft support agents is returned as a new email in my outlook.com inbox. It appears my responses to the agents' excellent help are not being received, read by the agent. This problem has never happened...
  9. Return Reply,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Return Reply,: You said no antivirus can fully stop all nasties and how do you know that is the case?,Kaspersky free antivirus has proven itself it can do the job not just once or twice but ever time..Please send me your findings which shows it.I did use Malwarebytes premium and had no...
  10. Unified inbox in Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Unified inbox in Mail?: I love Mail in Windows 10. It looks great and works very well, except for one big thing for me, which is that there's no unified inbox. I looked everywhere for it, but unless someone knows something that I don't, it seems like they skipped this on purpose. So, back to...