Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail "Search Online" stopped working

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail "Search Online" stopped working in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I think this just started with the latest update to the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar App. When I do a search for something and have to click... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Dan__F, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Dan__F Win User

Windows 10 Mail "Search Online" stopped working

Hello,

I think this just started with the latest update to the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar App.

When I do a search for something and have to click on "Search Online" to get older results, when I click on any of those results the app starts "deleting" the entire search results list - they scroll up and disappear. I put "" around deleting because the messages aren't really deleted from the server but in effect you can't view any of the results because in a few seconds the message that you click to view and all of the other search results disappear.

The account I have it linked to is on a MS-Exchange 2007 server.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks - Dan

:)

Dan__F, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail "Search Online" stopped working :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mail has stopped working

Hi Tony,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with accessing your emails.

From the above description, I understand, you can get into your Outlook.com account and access your emails in web based interface Outlook.com

• As you mentioned, "My Windows 10 Mail has stopped working", do you mean Windows 10 Mail App?

• Do you see any error message?

• The account you are facing issues with, is that the only and primary account configured in Windows 10 Mail App or it is an additional account?
    If additional account, then I suggest
    remove the account and reconfigure it, and check the behavior. This doesn’t delete the original account or messages—you’ll still be able to get to them through a browser.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

(Also applicable for Windows 10)

I also suggest you to go to People.Live.com
    and check if you are able to access your contacts from web based interface.

Please keep us updated with the status of the issue, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Mail "Search Online" stopped working

Windows 10 Search Stops Working

Hi Sorren,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand that the search feature in Windows 10 is not working as it should. I will certainly help you with this.

Method 1:

I suggest you try rebuilding the index and check if issue is resolved. To rebuild all the index, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key, type Indexing and hit enter.
    • Click on Advanced button.
    • Click Rebuild under Troubleshooting section and click OK.
    • Try searching and see if issue is fixed.

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 3:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated issue status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail "Search Online" stopped working

1. Windows 10 Mail "Search Online" stopped working - Similar Threads - Mail Search Online

2. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search stopped working: Clicking the search icon in the task bar has no effect, also typing in start menu does nothing.Every time I click on the search icon a system error is logged in the event log:Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  3. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search stopped working: hello everyone I am having immense problems with my search box in windows 10. I cannot type words within windows 10 search box on the desktop, in the search box in windows explorer on the top right, within sticky notes and also within settings menu. I have tried many many...
  4. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search stopped working: hello everyone I am having immense problems with my search box in windows 10. I cannot type words within windows 10 search box on the desktop, in the search box in windows explorer on the top right, within sticky notes and also within settings menu. I have tried many many...
  5. Windows Mail Search online results flashing past and disappearing

Windows Mail Search online results flashing past and disappearing: So this has happened on a couple of machines with different email accounts.A search is performed and after the last 2? months result a link is offered 'search online'. This loads emails from the server but any attempt to click into one starts them all disappearing one by one...
  6. Windows 10 search function stops working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function stops working: After upgrading from Windows 7 to windows 10 2004, when trying to use the search function a blank window opens. No search box, nothing. I have discovered that if at that point I hit my backspace key, the search function window will show all the normal features and the search...
  7. can't view "search online" emails in mail app windows 10

can't view "search online" emails in mail app windows 10: When I have to look for older emails by clicking "search online" in the mail app, the old emails load in the side bar. However, when I try to click on an email to view it, the emails in the side bar systematically collapse and disappear as though they were being deleted until...
  8. Mail App Search Online not working properly

Mail App Search Online not working properly: Whenever, I perform a search for older email, the email is found, but once I click on the email to view it, it disappears. To elaborate further, if I search a keyword I might get 20 results, but as soon as I click on one of the results, each email disappears one by one from...
  9. Has the search online function been removed from Windows 10 Mail?

Has the search online function been removed from Windows 10 Mail?: I used to be able to scroll down to the bottom of a mail box and click 'search online' - this no longer appears. The only thing that appears is "Don't see what you're looking for? Try using different keywords"...
  10. Windows 10 mail app stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app stopped working: 2 weeks ago on my Lenova Yoga 910 laptop with Windows 10 Home (64 bit) my Windows 10 mail app stopped working. I stopped receiving any Verizon.net mail and any previous mail just totally disappeared. I know that AOL handles their mail now. However until 2 weeks ago my mail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail search not working