Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 and using Windows Mail version 16005.11029.20108.0 on a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260. Whenever I highlight text using the SHIFT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisZarzar, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

I am running Windows 10 and using Windows Mail version 16005.11029.20108.0 on a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260.

Whenever I highlight text using the SHIFT button (often to copy and paste something), the text case starts to toggle. And I am talking an uncontrollable wicked fast toggle between the text case that completely manhandles that highlighted portion of the text. Is there any way to turn this feature off? It is acting like the SHIFT+F3 shortcut in Microsoft Word; however, I am only pressing the SHIFT button.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Mail application. I have also gone into the Mail and Calendar advanced options and reset the application. No luck on either front.

Thank you for your suggestions

:)

ChrisZarzar, Jan 9, 2019

2. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting.

Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button.

Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all.

I have tried using another mouse (different manufacturer) - same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks

P.s. I've tried some basic troubleshooting such as searching for updated drivers, restarting system, using another mouse (as mentioned)

rowlands111, Jan 9, 2019
  3. turn off capitalization in windows 10

Hi,

We would like to assist you on how to turn off capitalization in text and email on your Windows 10 device. Please answer the following questions for us to provide accurate steps:

• Which device are you using? Is it Windows phone or laptop? If you're using a Windows phone, we'd like to know the phone model.
    • When you say "turn off capitalization in text and email", does all the letters you tried to type in is capitalized or only the first letter of a sentence is capitalized?
    • When did the issue start?

If you're using Windows 10 Mobile and would like to turn off/disable capitalize the first letter of a sentence, you can disable it by going to
    Settings > Time and language > Keyboard
    > Tap the keyboard you want to configure (example: English (United States)). Then, uncheck it.

Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues c3d053e4-cd08-43c6-a07b-705738496877?upload=true.jpg

We're looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

Hello. I am new here.

I had just bought a dell all-in-one computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. The computer is functioning properly. I also had a wireless Logitech wave keyboard and use it instead of the default keyboard that comes with the dell computer.

However, I am experiencing an annoyance that I can not press shift + F to get a capital letter F. I have to either CAPS LOCK or press the malfunctioning button and shift at the same time and then let go of the shift button to get a capital letter. I I am also getting the same problem with the letters D, J, C, and the plus sign. I can press shift and most of the other keyboard letters just fine. What it is going on? Is my Logitech keyboard defective? The keyboard was working fine with my older dell computer. *Huh

Thanks.

disman00911, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

1. Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues - Similar Threads - Mail Shift Button

2. Text/Highlight Menu Colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text/Highlight Menu Colour: Hi, First off can I say many thanks to the Guys here who helped me getting back into Windows 10. I am now running Windows 10 1903 and one very small change I have noticed is that when I do a right click on a menu the text highlight is a white/cream colour (Image below) which...
  3. Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues: Whenever I highlight text using the SHIFT button (often to copy and paste something), the text case starts to toggle. And I am talking an uncontrollable wicked fast toggle between the text case that completely manhandles that highlighted portion of the text. Is there any way...
  4. Shift Key Changes Capitalization

Shift Key Changes Capitalization: When I happen to by needing to use the shift key while editing text in most Office applications, the shift key changes the capitalization of the word. Press it once and the first letter comes capitalized, and I think the whole word becomes capitalized if you press shift...
  5. Shift button acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift button acting weird: If i press any button on the bottom row of the keyboard except the b and n buttons the shift key is on until i restart my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-button-acting-weird/657ed3b4-8e2e-4994-9903-963c0f60f662
  6. Problem with text case when pressing Shift button

Problem with text case when pressing Shift button: When I highlight the text using Shift, the text case toggles. It is like the SHIFT+F3 shortcut in Microsoft Word but I just click on Shift. I use Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 10. How to turn off this feature?...
  7. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...
  8. Highlighting documents/ texts

Highlighting documents/ texts: Hi Somehow my setting got changed and I am now NOT able to hightlight text. I use the left click and the mouse pad on my laptop won't move to highlight. What to do?...
  9. Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters: Hello. I am new here. I had just bought a dell all-in-one computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. The computer is functioning properly. I also had a wireless Logitech wave keyboard and use it instead of the default keyboard that comes with the dell computer. However, I...
  10. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue: Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting. Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button. Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all....