Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I highlight text using the SHIFT button (often to copy and paste something), the text case starts to toggle. And I am talking an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Evanfreer, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Evanfreer Win User

Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

Whenever I highlight text using the SHIFT button (often to copy and paste something), the text case starts to toggle. And I am talking an uncontrollable wicked fast toggle between the text case that completely manhandles that highlighted portion of the text. Is there any way to turn this feature off? It is acting like the SHIFT+F3 shortcut in Microsoft Word; however, I am only pressing the SHIFT button.

:)

Evanfreer, Apr 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

I am running Windows 10 and using Windows Mail version 16005.11029.20108.0 on a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260.

Whenever I highlight text using the SHIFT button (often to copy and paste something), the text case starts to toggle. And I am talking an uncontrollable wicked fast toggle between the text case that completely manhandles that highlighted portion of the text.
    Is there any way to turn this feature off? It is acting like the SHIFT+F3 shortcut in Microsoft Word; however, I am only pressing the SHIFT button.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Mail application. I have also gone into the Mail and Calendar advanced options and reset the application. No luck on either front.

Thank you for your suggestions

ChrisZarzar, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you facing this issue only with the Mail Application?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    3. How are you highlighting text using the Shift key?

If you are using the laptop's keyboard, try plugging an external keyboard and check for the issue.

Method 1: Fix Problems With Apps From Microsoft Store.

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and check for the issue.

Method 2: New User Account.

Try Creating a New Administrator User Account
    and check if you are still facing the same issue in the New User Account.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting.

Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button.

Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all.

I have tried using another mouse (different manufacturer) - same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks

P.s. I've tried some basic troubleshooting such as searching for updated drivers, restarting system, using another mouse (as mentioned)

rowlands111, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

1. Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues - Similar Threads - Mail Shift Button

2. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!: Yesterday I removed and put back after 5 minutes the battery of my ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD with win10 64bit.After that, everything seems to work normally except I can't make the capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! But both work...
  3. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!: Yesterday I removed and put back after 5 minutes the battery of my ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD with win10 64bit.After that, everything seems to work normally except I can't make the capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! But both work...
  4. Capitalize text!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capitalize text!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Can I use auto capitalize in Windows? As I type small I, it auto capitalize it to capital I. I want it on PC! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/capitalize-text/6493acfe-feef-4f7f-bb2a-f7af09dc462b
  5. Capitalize text!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Capitalize text!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Can I use auto capitalize in Windows? As I type small I, it auto capitalize it to capital I. I want it on PC! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/capitalize-text/6493acfe-feef-4f7f-bb2a-f7af09dc462b
  6. highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  7. Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter: I have been using my laptop for more than a year now with no issues, but now I am having this issue of the Shift+a not working. I have two keyboards that I have tried this on and have had the same result. I have also taken the steps to the shift key not working issue but have...
  8. Highlighting text

Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  9. Shift Key Changes Capitalization

Shift Key Changes Capitalization: When I happen to by needing to use the shift key while editing text in most Office applications, the shift key changes the capitalization of the word. Press it once and the first letter comes capitalized, and I think the whole word becomes capitalized if you press shift...
  10. Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues: I am running Windows 10 and using Windows Mail version 16005.11029.20108.0 on a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260. Whenever I highlight text using the SHIFT button (often to copy and paste something), the text case starts to toggle. And I am talking an uncontrollable wicked fast...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trouble highlighting text with mouse