Windows 10: Windows 10 mail showing the wrong display name when sending e-mails

Discus and support Windows 10 mail showing the wrong display name when sending e-mails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had this issue for a while and anything I've done to fix the problem hasn't worked. Basically, I have two linked Gmail accounts on windows mail,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Beccaaa67, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Beccaaa67 Win User

Windows 10 mail showing the wrong display name when sending e-mails

I've had this issue for a while and anything I've done to fix the problem hasn't worked. Basically, I have two linked Gmail accounts on windows mail, one which is my microsoft account and the other a more recent addition. The old microsoft account used to have a username as the display name but I changed it maybe a year ago to my actual first and last name. The newer account has always had my real name set as display name. However when sending e-mails via windows 10 mail app with either of these emails, it also displays the sender e-mail display name as my old username, rather than my actual name. Obviously this is not very useful and annoying as one is my professional e-mail account.

I have tried changing the display name in G-mail, changing the name in Mail under account sync settings, changing the microsoft account name, removing and adding the accounts again, checking for an auto-created contact of that name/e-mail combination, etc. Nothing has worked to change this and it is getting really annoying. Any able to help?

:)

Beccaaa67, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Alfred001 Win User

Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address.

When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from gmail via Mail it always just shows the e-mail address, not the name.

On the other hand, all hotmail accounts I use show the name fine.

I checked in manage accounts->change mailbox sync settings and both accounts have "send your messages using this name" specified correctly, but the name still doesn't show.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Alfred001, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Hitman Win User
    E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Windows 10 mail showing the wrong display name when sending e-mails

While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 mail showing the wrong display name when sending e-mails

1. Windows 10 mail showing the wrong display name when sending e-mails - Similar Threads - mail showing wrong

2. Sending e-mail is possible but no e-mails can be received?

in Browsers and Email
    Sending e-mail is possible but no e-mails can be received?: A friend of mine tells me that he can send but not receive email from Yahoo-Mail and that it is probably a server malfunction. What possibilities are there for problem solving or hints / instructions. I also do not know whether he accesses his e-mail program via the...
  3. sending e .mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sending e .mails: hello I just cant send any e.mails I can receive , ,,, but get no-where sending thank-you roger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-e-mails/4c8be193-d0b2-44ea-bc4a-0bafd25da1a2
  4. E-mail not sending/receiving

E-mail not sending/receiving: E-mail : Fix Outlook error Ox8004060C during the Send/Receive operation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-not-sendingreceiving/feff0be5-030e-469d-b70f-41808ea9c006
  5. Send mail as "name"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Send mail as "name": My wife and I have separate Gmail email addresses on our PC and I am the account holder. Recently there has been a change in her emails and whereas they are sent from her own email address the from "name" shown is mine and not hers. If she sends emails from her phone they...
  6. sending a powerpoint on e-mail

sending a powerpoint on e-mail: Why does my e-mail not send an attachment that is a powerpoint presentation? I put it on desktop, then clicked on "send to" and typed in the recipient's address. But when I clicked on "send" it disappeared. It is not listed in the "sent" file. How do I send it? thanks for...
  7. problem sending e-mails

problem sending e-mails: I can't attach a document or send e-mails on my pc. However, I am able to send e-mails on my phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-sending-e-mails/c84da4ad-4b16-45c1-aac3-4035208d3ee5"
  8. wrong e mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    wrong e mail: my e mail is or was *** Email address is removed for privacy *** not *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ineed to change to my old e mail how can I do it ? my phone# 6265901897....
  9. sending e-mails

sending e-mails: I am receiving e-mail but am unable to write new, reply to, forward e-mails. When pressing the appropriate icon nothing happens, the system also is slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-e-mails/72690f48-b4d5-4029-b383-b00791059cd6
  10. Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts: I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address. When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sent mail in windows mail shows break before the email account

2. windows 10 mail app sending from incorrect name

3. windows 10 mail incorrect display name

4. windows 10 send emails with wrong name on,
  5. windows 10 mail showing wrong from email address,
  6. gmail account mail app shows incorrect name windows 10,
  7. windows mail wrong display name,
  8. windows mail displays wrong name on sent emails,
  9. in windows 10 mail displays wrong name on email account,
  10. wrong name is displayed for windows,
  11. windows 10 mail app displays wrong own name,