Windows 10: windows 10 mail "something went wrong" error message

Discus and support windows 10 mail "something went wrong" error message in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a laptop running windows 10 pro and the locale says "united kingdom". I am trying to sync my gmail.com email with windows mail and I always get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimSeidel, Aug 12, 2019.

1. TimSeidel Win User

windows 10 mail "something went wrong" error message

I have a laptop running windows 10 pro and the locale says "united kingdom". I am trying to sync my gmail.com email with windows mail and I always get the error that "something went wrong." I have installed all updates for windows, rest as well as uninstalled mail, and still the same result. Is it something to do with the Locale version and if so can that be changed as the laptop will only be in the US.

:)

TimSeidel, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Mail & Calendar app on Windows 10

If there are no error messages, check on the article below, and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:

Let us know if the issue persists.

Mel Tar, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Aug 12, 2019
  4. asus2016 Win User

0x80c80152 error with Windows 10 mail

Apologies in advance, as I am reporting this error for a family member who I tried to help today, Thanksgiving in the US. So I cannot play around with the program and "try this" or "try that" - just forward credible suggestions to her.

Computer is a Windows 10 machine, uses free AVG for security, and the question is about the "Mail" program - that's what it's called, not Outlook, or Live Mail, but "Mail" - with the blue and white envelope icon.

Her email is a Road Runner address. Spectrum is now the parent company, but the RR addresses still work, and her email on other computers and devices works; just doesn't work with Windows Mail on this computer.

Oddly, I was able to get it to send fine. Usually I find if an email program has a problem, it's on sending and not receiving.

But it won't download anything, and if I click on the "sync" icon, I get a message reading:
    Among the things that bother me here:
    1. This looks like a pretty routine problem. But I find nothing in this forum, or on the broader web even, to solve it. Anything on the microsoft site, where others have reported similar problems, is responded to with boilerplate pap that doesn't fix the problem.
    2. I clearly did something right, since I can send from the account. So why can't I receive?
    3. Worst of all, I have never seen an email program so devoid of meaningful configuration as Windows 10 Mail. No "advanced" settings. Nothing about incoming or outgoing email servers POP3 or IMAP, SSL, ports, authentication. All a user is asked about is email address and password. It's hard to troubleshoot what's wrong, when there are so few options as to what to set or tweak.
    Appreciate in advance any suggestions. And, again, please make them simple enough to pass on, because I am not using Windows 10 mail; this is for a family member in another city who is.

asus2016, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 mail "something went wrong" error message - Similar Threads - mail something went

2. Microsoft error message of "Something went wrong, it's not you it's us."

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft error message of "Something went wrong, it's not you it's us.": I cannot access my childs microsoft account through family safety. They have an invite pending but every time, and no matter what device I use or what order I perform the tasks in, I am getting a error message saying "Something went wrong, it's not you it's us."...
  3. Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Something went wrong: Something went wrong error 0x800706D9 in my Store. Please someone check it. I have Windows 10 21h1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/ad459315-11e0-47e1-9a99-10d6800a11cf
  4. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  5. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  6. "Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong": Hello,I'm trying to enter insider programme I've registered already for insider program.But when I go and click get started it shows this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/569df1e6-3ce2-4630-9e33-00ff156b8e2d
  7. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  8. Error: Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error: Something went wrong: I can't upload photos from my iphone 10 into the photos app on windows 10. Half of the time it can't find anything on the phone, and then when it does it starts uploading and immediately I get an error message saying "something went wrong"...
  9. Something went wrong with the projection error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Something went wrong with the projection error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 is made with the aim of building an operating system to enhance a user’s productivity. Hence, modern computers running Windows 10 have capabilities to wirelessly project their screen to an external display. Microsoft has a pre-installed and...
  10. Something Went Wrong Error on Log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something Went Wrong Error on Log in: I am getting this error message: Something Went wrong Error, try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/something-went-wrong-error-on-log-in/420281dc-e314-4b6b-9510-0223b741776c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something wrong with the windows mail?