Windows 10: Windows 10 MAIL stopped downloading new mail, beginning Oct 12 2018 13:30 MDT but resumed...

Discus and support Windows 10 MAIL stopped downloading new mail, beginning Oct 12 2018 13:30 MDT but resumed... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the program reset no new mail was delivered in next few hours; Only observed all mail from Sunday afternoon on, this morning. The missing mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RalphZero, Oct 19, 2018.

1. RalphZero Win User

Windows 10 MAIL stopped downloading new mail, beginning Oct 12 2018 13:30 MDT but resumed...

After the program reset no new mail was delivered in next few hours; Only observed all mail from Sunday afternoon on, this morning.

The missing mail was viewed using my ISP's browser based mail server. No other issues with this Windows 10 (build 1803) system were observed.

My spouse's Windows 10 (1803) machine on the same LAN/WAN continued handling mail from the same ISP without problem throughout the same delivery period. Window Live mail on the affected machine was able to download and display the missing mail.

Windows 10 build 1803 loaded a feature update earlier today; KB4462930 arrived 10/9/2018; The last update's KB is unspecified.

Any ideas about cause or for a reoccurrence?

:)

RalphZero, Oct 19, 2018
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-redstone4-rs4-changelog/

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Hitman Win User

Windows 10 MAIL stopped downloading new mail, beginning Oct 12 2018 13:30 MDT but resumed...

E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 MAIL stopped downloading new mail, beginning Oct 12 2018 13:30 MDT but resumed... - Similar Threads - MAIL stopped downloading

2. attachment with mail cannot be downloaded in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    attachment with mail cannot be downloaded in windows 10 mail: i cannot download attachments when i receive mail in windows 10 mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attachment-with-mail-cannot-be-downloaded-in/64b2acb4-4563-44e2-85cd-8aed2c026766
  3. windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail Monday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail Monday: windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail monday 4/6/20. I have uninstalled mail and reinstalled it, tried with pop and imap server settings. Used att.mai.net, att.yahoo.com, inbound.att.anet, and several others nothing works. Microsoft says to use the yahoo icon in the...
  4. Windows Mail not downloading mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail not downloading mail: I have 4 accounts added to Windows mail. They have downloaded some mail at one point (I only started using it yesterday) so it seems the passwords are fine, but when I click refresh, it says they're all up to date. instead when I log into the accounts I see emails there...
  5. No new mail in Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No new mail in Mail for Windows 10: For the past few days my new emails are not showing in Mail for Windows and when a refresh is clicked it just shows the .... , for a very long time (hours) and gets nothing. Oulook for Android gets the mail no problem so they are there but will not display. Is It a...
  6. Latest Oct 2018 windows update broke mail app - now what?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Oct 2018 windows update broke mail app - now what?: 1. Mail app works great. 2. You let windows update (October 2018) do its thing 3. Mail app now crashes on boot. Suggestions on how to get mail app to work again (without having to lose all my settings). Thanks, -Tom...
  7. Lost Mail after Oct. update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Mail after Oct. update.: Has anyone else lost Windows mail after the Oct. upgrade? When I click on mail icon in taskbar it advises nothing has arrived yet. There were over 60 in it before the upgrade and it does not load any new ones either. Any time the automatic updates arrive, some problem...
  8. Windows 10 Oct 2018 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Oct 2018 updates: I have an Oct Win 10 2018 update pending. Its been downloaded and is waiting for restart. It downloaded on or about the 4 th of Oct 2018. Based on all the problems of this update recently, how do I keep this one from installing/updateing untill the "fix" for these bugs is...
  9. Outlook mail stopped receiving mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook mail stopped receiving mail: All: I just didn't think I was getting mail for a couple of days! So I sent several Emails to him & didn't get an answer! The I received phone call from him which was unusual as he lives in the US Virgin Island & I live I Ireland! He said he was getting my Emails,...
  10. Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.: Using Windows 10 Mail app, with 3 email accounts, 2 Hotmail and a Gmail address. At first all is well, mail is delivered as it arrives. After a while the first hotmail account has to be sync'd manually to get mail. After a while the other Hotmail address starts to need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 has stopped my mail from downloading

2. windows 10 mail stopped downloading mail

3. windows 10 mail stops downloading

4. my emails have stopped downloading windows 10