Windows 10: windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail Monday

Discus and support windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail Monday in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail monday 4/6/20. I have uninstalled mail and reinstalled it, tried with pop and imap server settings. Used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jw57fd, Apr 8, 2020.

1. jw57fd Win User

windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail Monday

windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail monday 4/6/20. I have uninstalled mail and reinstalled it, tried with pop and imap server settings. Used att.mai.net, att.yahoo.com, inbound.att.anet, and several others nothing works. Microsoft says to use the yahoo icon in the drop down menu but nothing happens when I do that. It starts says making connection or something like that then nothing. There is supposed to be a window open to enter email address and password but it don't open. Does anyone know what the problem may be

thanks

:)

jw57fd, Apr 8, 2020
  2. hyrule Win User

How to stop windows mail sync gmail social mails?

Hi,

I'm trying to sync my gmail with windows 10 mail so new mails appear in notifications area. I've added my account to sync and mails are coming in but my problem is that it also syncs gmail's social mails. How can i stop social mails from appearing in notification area?

hyrule, Apr 8, 2020
  3. peerv Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

First confirm if you have two step authentication in you Google account.
    If YES follow these steps:

To have the Windows Mail app to work you have to generate a password for the Windows Mail app in your Google account at Account settings: Your browser is not supported.
    Copy/paste this password into the password field of your Gmail account in the Mail app Settings/Accounts/Gmail
    This needs to be done only once.

Also check in Windows 10 Settings/Privacy if you have in Contacts AND Calender the Mail and Agenda allowed access ON
    If both are OFF the Mail app won't sync without throwing any error!!
    Just one off the many bugs in Mail app!

peerv, Apr 8, 2020
  4. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

s427, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail Monday - Similar Threads - mail stopped syncing

2. Windows 10 Mail Not Working for ATT Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail Not Working for ATT Yahoo Mail: I changed my ATT Yahoo password and, after updating it in MS Mail, the app no longer downloads ATT Yahoo email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-not-working-for-att-yahoo-mail/14e0f613-dbfd-4d5d-9980-9c1bfda5538f
  3. Windows 10 Mail Not Working for ATT Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Not Working for ATT Yahoo Mail: I changed my ATT Yahoo password and, after updating it in MS Mail, the app no longer downloads ATT Yahoo email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-not-working-for-att-yahoo-mail/14e0f613-dbfd-4d5d-9980-9c1bfda5538f
  4. MAIL stopped sync

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MAIL stopped sync: For some reason MAIL has stopped sync. I do not get any emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-stopped-sync/7b72cf10-f638-4e48-abcd-43b3a3ab5305
  5. Windows 10 Mail "Connecting to a Service" failure for Yahoo and ATT Mail

Windows 10 Mail "Connecting to a Service" failure for Yahoo and ATT Mail: OK, I burned a few hours on this so I thought I would save some folks the trouble in case then found hit it too. This is a bug in Windows 10 Mail. Changed my password on Yahoo (with ATT.net address). Windows 10 Mail, which helpfully uses OAUTH your Yahoo related accounts....
  6. Windows 10 Mail not syncing

Windows 10 Mail not syncing: Syncing iCloud mail with Windows 10...Will not remain on Calendar and contacts are working [ Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 4 / Install, update, and repair ]...
  7. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  8. Cannot get ATT mail to work with windows 10

Cannot get ATT mail to work with windows 10: According to Microsoft AT&T Email is not an option for their mail. You cannot set it as a default. The only way to continue to uses AT&T mail to to actually go the the AT&T page and log into your Email account....
  9. Windows 10 Mail syncing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail syncing: Is there anyway to get Windows 10 mail app to automatically sync automatically? 80508
  10. How to stop windows mail sync gmail social mails?

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop windows mail sync gmail social mails?: Hi, I'm trying to sync my gmail with windows 10 mail so new mails appear in notifications area. I've added my account to sync and mails are coming in but my problem is that it also syncs gmail's social mails. How can i stop social mails from appearing in notification area?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system error when syncing yahoo mail on win 10