Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Storage

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Settings -> Storage -> Local Storage -> Mail, is using 5.49 GB of storage. I have never used this app and there is no associated account with it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nt_493, Sep 9, 2019.

1. nt_493 Win User

Windows 10 Mail Storage

In Settings -> Storage -> Local Storage -> Mail, is using 5.49 GB of storage. I have never used this app and there is no associated account with it. Why is it using over 5GB and how can I clear up that space?

:)

nt_493, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail Storage :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Windows 10 Mail Storage

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail Storage

1. Windows 10 Mail Storage - Similar Threads - Mail Storage

2. Microsoft has blocked my emails due to over storage...I have deleted inbox mail and files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft has blocked my emails due to over storage...I have deleted inbox mail and files...: Microsoft has blocked my emails incoming and outgoing due to over storage. I have deleted emails and files but still blocked. I think I've been scammed. Please help me....
  3. Microsoft has blocked my emails due to over storage...I have deleted inbox mail and files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft has blocked my emails due to over storage...I have deleted inbox mail and files...: Microsoft has blocked my emails incoming and outgoing due to over storage. I have deleted emails and files but still blocked. I think I've been scammed. Please help me....
  4. Microsoft has blocked my emails due to over storage...I have deleted inbox mail and files...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro is showing 25.4GBs of storage being used in Mail Settings but all...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro is showing 25.4GBs of storage being used in Mail Settings but all...: How do I remove this phantom 25.4 GBs of data showing in the Mail. I have deleted all Outlook emails and email accounts, and deleted the pst files....
  6. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro is showing 25.4GBs of storage being used in Mail Settings but all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro is showing 25.4GBs of storage being used in Mail Settings but all...: How do I remove this phantom 25.4 GBs of data showing in the Mail. I have deleted all Outlook emails and email accounts, and deleted the pst files....
  7. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro is showing 25.4GBs of storage being used in Mail Settings but all...

8. Mail taking up too much storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail taking up too much storage: Hello. I wanted to clean up some space on my PC so I went into the storage tab in settings > system, and noticed that the "mail" section NOT the mail app is taking up 32.5GB. I don't use mail and this might be someone's leftover mail from when this pc was shared, but it no...
  9. Mail taking up too much storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail taking up too much storage: Hello. I wanted to clean up some space on my PC so I went into the storage tab in settings > system, and noticed that the "mail" section NOT the mail app is taking up 32.5GB. I don't use mail and this might be someone's leftover mail from when this pc was shared, but it no...
  10. Mail taking up too much storage