Windows 10: Windows 10 mail takes over the screen

Discus and support Windows 10 mail takes over the screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I still have problems with Windows 10 mail taking over the screen, I can't shut down using the start button and if I uninstall it the screen goes crazy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DericStain, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 mail takes over the screen

I still have problems with Windows 10 mail taking over the screen, I can't shut down using the start button and if I uninstall it the screen goes crazy when I re-boot. Can I get rid of this unwanted app. I have run the latest update V1809 o/s build 17763.292 and it still fills the screen and | can't shift it.

* Original title: Windows 10 mail

:)

DericStain, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 mail takes over the screen :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 mail takes over the screen

Windows 10 - Error Ox85050041. Mail app not syncing e-mails and Windows update not working.

Hello Linda,

We understand now that your are facing issue with your e-mail syncing in Mail app and Windows update not working. Let's try the steps below and check if it works:

Step 1: Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Step 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 3:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 mail takes over the screen

1. Windows 10 mail takes over the screen - Similar Threads - mail takes screen

2. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  3. Windows 10 Mail not picking up mail for over a week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail not picking up mail for over a week: I get the mail on my phone, but not on my laptop. It has worked fine until just recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-not-picking-up-mail-for-over-a/6c71eaac-24bd-4ad5-befe-103d279473e0
  4. Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot

Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot: Recently-ish probably a month or so whenever my pc restarts it takes around 11-12 minutes to restart. I've tried various solutions but no errors from any of the commands I ran. The weird thing is when I run safe mode it boots very fast. But when I did a clean boot with all...
  5. Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot: Recently-ish (probably a month or so) whenever my pc restarts it takes around 11-12 minutes to restart. I've tried various solutions but no errors from any of the commands I ran. The weird thing is when I run safe mode it boots very fast. But when I did a clean boot with all...
  6. Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to reach the login screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to reach the login screen: Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to reach the login screen How can I speed it up? I'm using Windows 10 20H2 I have already done chkdsk, dism and sfc and no errors were found. I've also installed windows updates. 168498
  7. Rogue Start screen takes over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rogue Start screen takes over: since last update, the Start screen takes over even when I want to go to another site, like email. And if they are open, when I try to move from one to another, Start shows up and shuts them down. I've tried turning off stuff under settings, but it still makes me lose work....
  8. Windows 10 taking over BIOS

Windows 10 taking over BIOS: Hi, I have recently rebuilt my computer and done a clean install of Windows 10 build 1809. Since I have loaded Windows I am unable to get into bios either with del f2 or the restart uefi system. As I started loading Windows the last time and was fiddling in bios I noticed...
  9. Problem with Windows 10 start screen taking over the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Windows 10 start screen taking over the desktop: I am having a problem on Windows 10 where the desktop has been taken over by the start menu. I am no longer able to resize windows as one would on a desktop, but rather they are treated as apps. I will try to post some pictures of the problem. It is almost like Windows 10 has...
  10. Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) - taking over 2min to open

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) - taking over 2min to open: What used to be 'Outlook.com', the online version, recently changed its name to Outlook Mail. I have used this for some time now with very few real problems. However, approx 2 weeks ago when I try to open this app 'half' the GUI opens but the mail preview (new or old) takes...