Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since i updated my Windows 10 to the latest build version 17763.557, I'm unable to open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail program using my standard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Holydead, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Holydead Win User

Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links

Since i updated my Windows 10 to the latest build version 17763.557, I'm unable to open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail program using my standard browser Firefox.

Although if I use another browser like for example, Edge, it opens normally like it did before this new build version.

It's the first time that occurred this to me. I've been using Windows 10 Mail and opening the links with Firefox for about 2/3 years now and it never gave me this error previously.

What can I do to fix this?

Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links 4335c103-5968-4cf9-a870-aeffdec50d1d?upload=true.png

Best regards,​

Luís Sousa​

:)

Holydead, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links - Similar Threads - Mail Unable open

2. Unable to open Links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open Links: When trying to open a LINK blue alpha-numeric text an error message appears: "Unable to open https:// XXXXXX" This happens on the home page, in mail and in instruction text. However within a single application, the link will be accessed. I am using Windows 10 - 64 bit....
  3. Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10: When I want to open a file link in email which is in my local C drive folder, it shows "unable to open file:///file location". I cannot open it in the mail app in Window10 but I can open it in Microsoft Outlook app. At the same time I can open all http or https links, I just...
  4. Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser: Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser. I have always had them open in edge when I clicked on them, now they say Unable to Open [html], I checked that edge is still my default browser....
  5. Windows 10 mail links not opening correctly

Windows 10 mail links not opening correctly: If I receive an email with with either a web link or an attachment and click on it does not full open the associated app Edge, Picture, Adobe, Word but it does cause the app to appear on the tool bar and to be highlighted indicating that the app has been selected. Clicking on...
  6. Links in Mail open slowly

Links in Mail open slowly: For the last few days, when I click on a link in an email on Mail, it takes 30 seconds or so for the page to come up. Links used to open immediately, but now they don't. I'm running Version 16005.12624.20368.0 of Mail on Windows 10, and my default browser is Firefox. I'd give...
  7. unable to open links

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to open links: About 2 weeks ago microsoft did a big update, since then I have been unable to open links in my gmail account, is there a solution to this problem? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-links/be8e0675-9283-46fe-af13-d8f98b7748f1
  8. Unable to open links in Windows 10 mail app after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open links in Windows 10 mail app after update: After update I faced an issue that is specific to Firefox browser. I cannot open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail app. How to sort it out?...
  9. Unable to open web links on Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open web links on Windows 10 Mail: The subject line pretty much says it but upon clicking any article that comes into my mail box that I wish to view I get a window that says click or tap on the link but when I do it states it cannot open the link. This only happens on Windows 10 desktop. Android phone and...
  10. Windows 10 Mail program won't open embedded links, says "Unable to open"

Windows 10 Mail program won't open embedded links, says "Unable to open": I tried the fix suggested by Andre Da Costa (in January 2018) in the Windows Forum but it didn't resolve the issue. The thread was locked so I couldn't post the solution I found that did work. The solution is detailed here...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open https email

2. windows 10 mail unable to open link

3. unable to open email link

4. unable to open link in windows mail,
  5. unable to open facebook due to safelinks,
  6. unable to open links on emails windows 10,
  7. windows 10 mail app unable to open link,
  8. unable to link from windows mail,
  9. unable to open emails windows 10,
  10. unable to open limks in windows 10 windows mail,
  11. windows mail unable to open,