Windows 10: Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies

Discus and support Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 mail seems to be my default mail program when I click on an email link in my browser Chrome. Works find to send a message but the email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Baron60, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Baron60 Win User

Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies

Windows 10 mail seems to be my default mail program when I click on an email link in my browser Chrome. Works find to send a message but the email address it uses for me does not work for any replies. Outlook is my primary email program. How can I change the default program

:)

Baron60, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 mail can receive email but not send

Hello Wanda,

Thank you for your time reaching out to us. Windows 10 Mail may have encountered an issue with the email configuration that caused the error message that you're getting. For us to further isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your email account prior to this issue?
    • What type of email account are you using? Is it IMAP or POP3?
    • Have you tried using another email address?
    • Are you still able to access your webmail? See if you can still send and receive emails on it.
    • How are you connected to the internet? Is it via wired or wireless connection?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try to remove your email account by following the steps on this

link
    and kindly set it up back by following this
    walkthrough

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Cannot send or receive emails in Windows 10

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. I understand that you are unable to send or receive emails on your Windows 10 computer. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you using Google Chrome to check your emails?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

If you are using Windows Mail app to send or receive emails, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

If you are using Microsoft Outlook, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Error occurs when you send or receive an email message in Outlook or Outlook Express

Please reply with the details to assist you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 20, 2020
  4. ufookoro Win User

E71 - Mail for Exchange - Unable to Reply Mail

I have my E71 connected to Exchange. I am able to do everything bar replying to emails. My Mail, Calendars, Contacts syncs ok, but I am unable to reply to emails.

Symptoms

• Receive email
    • Reply to Email
    • Mail goes to Outbox
    • Status changes from sending, queued and than failed
    Workaround

• Send failed mail to Draft
    • and then send

Does anyone know of the solution to this problem

Thanks

ufookoro, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies - Similar Threads - mail receive email

2. Windows Mail does not Receive emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail does not Receive emails: I have a refurbished laptop I am setting up for family member and having trouble with receiving inbound emails. I want to emphasize that it will send emails with no issues.OS is Windows 10 ProI am sending it emails from from my laptop and I am sending to other email accounts...
  3. Windows Mail does not Receive emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail does not Receive emails: I have a refurbished laptop I am setting up for family member and having trouble with receiving inbound emails. I want to emphasize that it will send emails with no issues.OS is Windows 10 ProI am sending it emails from from my laptop and I am sending to other email accounts...
  4. Windows Mail does not Receive emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows mail not including the previous email in reply

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows mail not including the previous email in reply: [ATTACH] I recently started using Windows mail and calendar on windows 10. While replying to some emails, it includes the previous email like Outlook does but on some it does not include the previous email, although it includes only a few lines which truncate after the...
  6. Received an emailed Community reply from Windows 10 security issue post, but that reply...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Received an emailed Community reply from Windows 10 security issue post, but that reply...: I posted a message on the Microsoft answers section for Windows 10 security. I got back an email to my MS address from microsoftanswers at microsoft dot com the actual formatted address domain, to appearances. There was an odd looking phone number to call, claiming to be...
  7. Windows Mail not displaying reply emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail not displaying reply emails: I just downloaded Mail on a new computer. Works as normal except now replies I have made to emails are noted by the curved arrow in index, but I cant access them. Usually they are above the original email. The messages are grouped by conversation in settings. Any ideas??...
  8. The "REPLY"to an email received today was not sent from the computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The "REPLY"to an email received today was not sent from the computer.: My computer failed to send the Reply to an Outlook email received today. Running Outlook from Office 365 w/h Windows 10. After Sending the Reply, I checked the Outlook's SENT log to confirm that the Reply (attached to email received) was not in the log. Can the REPLY and...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We’ve heard of several folks speaking of the inability to send emails from the built-in Mail app within Windows 10. Now, this can be a huge problem for those who receive and send emails on a regular basis. We understand [...] This post Windows 10 Mail app...
  10. not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail: Mail is sending out mail but not receiving any mail, any ideas welcome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/not-receiving-incoming-email-in-the-windows-mail/6939a04c-ef0b-4348-adf9-7c2c6bc5ae41