Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail with Exchange, Active Directory, and Internal Certificates

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail with Exchange, Active Directory, and Internal Certificates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Server 2012 R2 (functional) domain, with Exchange 2013. I also have an internal Certificate Authority that all of my client computers trust... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by randy21m, Oct 31, 2018.

1. randy21m Win User

Windows 10 Mail with Exchange, Active Directory, and Internal Certificates

I have a Server 2012 R2 (functional) domain, with Exchange 2013. I also have an internal Certificate Authority that all of my client computers trust (certificate added to the Trusted Root Publishers store), and each user is also generated a certificate from our CA.

For years we have been using Outlook, Thunderbird, or MacMail to access our email and with this setup all clients have been successfully able to establish their mail accounts on their client computers, set up their certs, and send/receive mail to/from each other encrypted and digitally signed. No problems whatsoever.

Lately I've been testing the Windows 10 Mail app and the setup was simple enough. However, when I try to send an email to someone I'm presented with "The public key is missing for some recipients".

I am able to successfully pull contacts from Active Directory by selecting "Search Directory" - quite fast too I might add - but it seems as though Windows 10 Mail is not able to/does not pull down the certificate from the queried object in AD. EDIT: I can add the contact from AD in the People App but it doesn't include the cert from AD - which is preferable actually, but I was just testing.

So...is there any way to get Windows 10 Mail to recognize and use the certificate from AD objects in Windows 10 Mail, or get the People Contacts Directory to work directly with AD to pull contacts and their certs down?

:)

randy21m, Oct 31, 2018

2. C7 - Mail for exchange- Company directory - global address list

I have configured my exchange email account on C7. The mail sync works fine. However I don't find a way to browse the Global address list. Right now the only option to get any of the contacts is to synchronize them on to the phone's address book.

Again, this seems to be a step down from the mail for exchange application on E63 which had a stand alone company directory. I could use that to locate any contact on the exchange global address list.

Is there a way to configure the same in C7?

Is there a way to install the company directory? ( I couldnt find a stand alone sis on google search)

sudip_C7_e63, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Jon M. Win User
    Ignoring exchange server's certificate errors.

Hi Nicoolai,

Regarding the issue you are having with exchange certificates on your phone.

Here is an article about exchange certificates that you may find useful.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927465/en-us

Scroll about half way down this article for a step by step on setting up exchange mail on the phone.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-IE/howto/wp7/people/set-up-an-email-account.aspx

If you have any suggestions about the phone here is a link to a Windows Phone comments drop box.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Also you may need to get your exchange adminstrator to look at the certificate as some of the information may be incorrect, here is a link to the information the certificate needs to have.

Configure mobile phones to access email

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Answers

Best regards

Jon M., Oct 31, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Mail with Exchange, Active Directory, and Internal Certificates

Mail for Exchange and SSL certificate

Go to your outlook web access website and click on the lock and then view certificate. The details and then you can save it in DER format to your desktop.

Then go to this site:

Move To Hosting Provider and insert through the browse button and then copy the link to your phone.

Then you should be able to download it

You can also go to your IIS default site on the exchange server and directory security and export your certificate under edit certificate.

I have tried everything now. I can download my certificate and the valicert from GoDaddy, but the Nokia phone is still saying "do you trust this certificate" every time the phone syncs.

Our firm have taken the E-phones away now and went over to windows mobile and all of them worked within 10 minutes without any errors.

The funny thing is that when you try to call nokia, they wont help you with Mail for Exchange, and it is there programWindows 10 Mail with Exchange, Active Directory, and Internal Certificates :)

I know my GoDaddy certificate works on windows mobile phones, so It must be something with Mail for Exchange.

Every guy I talked to about symbian phones have told me they always gives problems with SSL. I am a bit **bleep**, but can conclude that Nokia is for the private consumer.

Best Regards

Morten @ Denmark

Message Edited by asp3200 on 02-May-2008 08:37 AM

asp3200---01, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail with Exchange, Active Directory, and Internal Certificates

1. Windows 10 Mail with Exchange, Active Directory, and Internal Certificates - Similar Threads - Mail Exchange Active

2. Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues: Hi Guys,for your assistance pleaseOur Company is currently running a Windows Server 2008 AD,DNS,FILESERVER, WSUS linked to a Windows Exchanged Server 2013. Domain name is sample.com.ph user account in AD: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address: *** Email...
  3. Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues: Hi Guys,for your assistance pleaseOur Company is currently running a Windows Server 2008 AD,DNS,FILESERVER, WSUS linked to a Windows Exchanged Server 2013. Domain name is sample.com.ph user account in AD: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address: *** Email...
  4. Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail

Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail: Hi, I would like to ask you two questions regarding undeliverable mail. 1. Sometimes it happens that I cancel some email account and sometimes some emails still come to it. I would like to set a rule to copy these emails to the info@ mailbox. Please how? 2. Is there any way...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate

Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate: Good morning, we are testing Windows Mail App as a possible client to Exchange 2016 server from Internet. Our policy required username + password and client certificate. When I have a computer outside the domain I succesfully configure email account and in the account...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate

Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate: Good morning, we are testing Windows Mail App as a possible client to Exchange 2016 server from Internet. Our policy required username + password and client certificate. When I have a computer outside the domain I succesfully configure email account and in the account...
  7. Log on times don't match between Active Directory, Azure & Exchange

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log on times don't match between Active Directory, Azure & Exchange: When I run Active Directory reports for Audits, I am showing a bunch of users that have not logged on in over 45 days which requires them to be disabled. When I check these same users against Azure and Exchange reports,they have logged into these services within the 45 days...
  8. Active Directory, Exchange Server, File Server Management/Assessment Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Active Directory, Exchange Server, File Server Management/Assessment Tool: Hi, I am currently working on a project in which Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server and File Server has to be reviewed on Windows Server 2012 R2. I have tried different tools trial version namely AD Manager Plus, IT Environment health scanner, MaxPowersoft Active...
  9. Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach: I hope that someone from Microsoft developers read this forum. I have proposal to make Windows 10 mail app have the same approach as Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013 o 2016 (Windows versions) to Exchange Servers 2010, 2013, 2016. In this case, right now, Windows 10 mail app...
  10. Mail exchange 2010 active sync policy not applied

in Browsers and Email
    Mail exchange 2010 active sync policy not applied: I have just upgraded from windows 8.1 on a HP stream 7 and all seems OK apart from when I tried to access my emails using the mail app, this is an exchange 2010 mailbox which uses active sync to sync the emails everything was working fine before in windows 8.1 but now I get...