Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail won't save my password correctly

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail won't save my password correctly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As stated above, Mail keeps altering my password. I enter the correct 8 character password, and Mail insists on changing it to 16 characters. Here is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Clutchc, May 3, 2021.

1. Clutchc Win User

Windows 10 Mail won't save my password correctly

As stated above, Mail keeps altering my password. I enter the correct 8 character password, and Mail insists on changing it to 16 characters. Here is a screenshot of the correct 8 character password I enter:But when I go back to verify, Mail has changed it back to 16 characters as shown here:This same thing happens repeatedly. What the heck is happening and how do I fix it? I can never get or send any mail.

:)

Clutchc, May 3, 2021

2. Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 3, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, May 3, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

zbook, May 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail won't save my password correctly - Similar Threads - Mail won't save

2. Won't let me into my emails and password is correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me into my emails and password is correct: Won't let me into emails when password is correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-let-me-into-my-emails-and-password-is-correct/a9375f54-7fbe-4c57-9829-e5c923a73ca6
  3. Windows won't accept correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows won't accept correct password: Hello,I'm trying to convert the system drive from MBR to GPT, whatever that means, so I can enable Secure boot, so I can install Windows 11. So I found this option called mbr2gpt for which I need to troubleshootrestart my PC, then select command prompt and then... Then I need...
  4. Edge won't save Passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge won't save Passwords.: Hi all, I prefer using MS Edge to using chrome but because MS Edge will not save passwords I counting to use chrome. I have a laptop and pad both running MS windows 10 and edge and with no problems, it's only my main PC that will not save passwords I have all the same...
  5. Windows 10 Won't save password for my gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Won't save password for my gmail: Windows mail won't accept correct password I had been using the Windows Mail app in Windows 10 for years without issue, when abruptly it began to tell me my account settings were out of date. I was given an option to fix or dismiss said problem. When I opted to fix it, I was...
  6. Passwords won't stay saved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Passwords won't stay saved: Hello! I've been having an issue ever since the update on the 13th. After the update, I opened Google Chrome and all of my passwords that I had saved were gone. I then opened Photoshop to learn that I was logged out of Adobe as well. Since then, every so often my passwords...
  7. Windows 10 Mail saving the wrong password for my account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail saving the wrong password for my account.: Hi, I recently decided to switch from a third-party software over to Microsoft Mail the windows app, NOT outlook. When I went to add an e-mail account, though, it wasn't syncing any of my inbox. I decided to check, and sure enough, the app was saving a different password...
  8. Windows mail won't accept correct password

Windows mail won't accept correct password: I use the Windows Mail app in Windows 10, for several email accounts: Gmail, Yahoo, and Mindspring. Earthlink, the provider of my mindspring.com email account, required that I change my password yesterday. I changed it with Earthlink webmail, as well as on my iPad, iPhone,...
  9. Passwords won't save and/or won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Passwords won't save and/or won't work: On February 13, my google stored passwords and also passwords on my own no longer worked and/or were no longer saved. Does anyone know of a fix? Happy Valentine's Day to all....
  10. Windows 10 Remote Desktop won't save password

Windows 10 Remote Desktop won't save password: Hi, I am Windows 10 pro and have a remote app that usually works fine on Windows 7 PCs. Here is my issue If I use the built in Remote Desktop program then my program loads with the programs 'Login' box. I log into it and then the program just will not open (it sits in the...