Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail would not update on brand new computer.

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail would not update on brand new computer. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I clicked the link to go to the Microsoft store, clicked the blue Update button and nothing happened. I tried all 3 solutions listed at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by michellethechef, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail would not update on brand new computer.

I clicked the link to go to the Microsoft store, clicked the blue Update button and nothing happened. I tried all 3 solutions listed at

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-wont-update-on-brand-new-computer/679cda74-1b8b-48fd-9ddd-5096229bf52c

Options 1 and 2 did not work. Once I uninstalled Mail in option 3, I went to reinstall it. When I clicked the blue Install button nothing happened. I tried DOUBLE clicking and voila! Reinstalled and it's the up to date version.

Perhaps the original problem is that the button is not set up like most other single click buttons on the internet? Could it be so simple as the need to DOUBLE click the blue update button?

Note that this is a question and answer all in one.

:)

michellethechef, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Windows 10 Mail would not update on brand new computer.

Recently got a stop error on my brand new computer

Hi Kevin,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you check first if your computer is up to date. You may follow these steps on how to check for updates:

• In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update.
    • Select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail would not update on brand new computer.

1. Windows 10 Mail would not update on brand new computer. - Similar Threads - Mail update brand

2. Brand new computer windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new computer windows 11: Hello EveryoneI just bought and set up a brand new computer. How do I stop my computer from saving everything to One Drive? I just want data stored the regular way computers use to save data wherever that is. Now that the computer is set up I cant go back.Also I am not sure...
  3. Brand new computer windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new computer windows 11: Hello EveryoneI just bought and set up a brand new computer. How do I stop my computer from saving everything to One Drive? I just want data stored the regular way computers use to save data wherever that is. Now that the computer is set up I cant go back.Also I am not sure...
  4. Bought a brand new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  5. Bought a brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  6. Brand new computer crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new computer crashing.: Bought a brand new gaming desktop today for $1600, haven't even had it a total of 12 hours and it crashes randomly, doesn't even blue screen, It just black screens then reboots itself in about 5 seconds, not entirely sure what to do....
  7. Brand new computer crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new computer crashing: ALLEGIANCE CALLISTO Desktop Computer Gaming PC · Processor: E5-1620 i7-3820 @ 4.2GHz · Graphics: RX 570 4GB - VR Ready · Memory: 32GB RAM · SSD: 480GB · Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Just got this computer...
  8. Windows 10 Mail won't update on brand new computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Mail won't update on brand new computer: I've had my new computer Dell Inspiron 3880 about 5 days. I just took a look at Mail to see what it was and it said my version was out of date. It's Mail Version 16005.11029.20180.0 I clicked the Go to Store button, which took me to Mail and Calendar. I clicked Update....
  9. updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop: This is a brand new laptop. It will not update windows 10, which it says is compatible. It says I do not have enough storage space to do it, but there is ample. I've tried plugging in an external drive, but no luck. I've tried getting on line chat help. He was no help at all....
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...