Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just bought a new machine with Windows 10. I set up the built in mail app using my time warner cable isp and old email address. The app in my opinion... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by reelme, Jan 17, 2017.

1. reelme Win User

Windows 10 Mail

I just bought a new machine with Windows 10. I set up the built in mail app using my time warner cable isp and old email address. The app in my opinion is terrible. My question is: if I use Gmail, do I have to do so THROUGH this mail app, or can I just go directly through Gmail? I ask this because inside the mail app I think you can select yahoo, google, etc???? I have never used Windows 10 or Gmail so I am confused whether they have to be intertwined or not. Thanks.

:)

reelme, Jan 17, 2017

2. Email Error Code 0x80040902

If Window 10 Email doesn't work, then Windows 10 is a mistake! Your fix doesn't work, that is where I had it originally. When I first set it up, it worked, now it doesn't. BAD!

Windows 10 Mail BAD, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jan 17, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

Windows 10 Mail

All Email Accounts can be accessed via a Web Browser (directly) as well as using the Windows 10 Mail App. So it is entirely optional if you want to use the Windows 10 Mail App.

In fact you will need to access via the Web Browser (directly) sometimes to configure a Gmail Account, and indeed other Mail Accounts.

So no problem at all.

Helmut, Jan 17, 2017
  5. reelme Win User
    Great, glad to hear that. Do you know if anyone really likes the built-in mail app? It seems very counter intuitive and seems to lose things. For example, half of my sent emails never appear in the sent folder. And if I reply to an email, it does not show as a sent message but appears in the inbox. I hope Gmail from what I have heard is much better.

reelme, Jan 17, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    I don't like the Windows 10 Email App either (6 Accounts on it including a Gmail one).
    Along with many other people. I have sent Feedback to MS, I expect many others have done so as well.

Not only is the design a dreadful touch screen format, some functions don't work properly. MS just carried on with the Windows 8 Mail App design.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail

1. Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Mail

2. Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom under...: Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom of Preview Pane [Settings -> Reading Pane] unlike with Outlook.See attached Screenshots for Mal ver and Settings Option....
  3. Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom under...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom under...: Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom of Preview Pane [Settings -> Reading Pane] unlike with Outlook.See attached Screenshots for Mal ver and Settings Option....
  4. New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail: Windows 11.I've only set up my email account on Outlook new and yet I'm getting new mail notifications for both Outlook AND Mail. How can I stop the notifications from Mail?...
  5. New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail

New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail: Windows 11.I've only set up my email account on Outlook new and yet I'm getting new mail notifications for both Outlook AND Mail. How can I stop the notifications from Mail?...
  6. bogus mail sent from my Microsoft mail account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bogus mail sent from my Microsoft mail account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986: I have suddenly been having people respond to mail that I didn't send AND have numerous emails in my draft section that I never started. One said that it was sent to the following account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986, which gets me to a dead-end site. Besides...
  7. bogus mail sent from my Microsoft mail account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986

bogus mail sent from my Microsoft mail account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986: I have suddenly been having people respond to mail that I didn't send AND have numerous emails in my draft section that I never started. One said that it was sent to the following account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986, which gets me to a dead-end site. Besides...
  8. In windows live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows live mail: Unable to send and receive messages for Hotmail account your server has unexpectedly terminated the conneection possible causes for this include server problems network problems or a long. inactivity...
  9. In windows live mail

In windows live mail: Unable to send and receive messages for Hotmail account your server has unexpectedly terminated the conneection possible causes for this include server problems network problems or a long. inactivity...
  10. In wind0ws live mail

In wind0ws live mail: Unable to send and receive messages for Hotmail account your server has unexpectedly terminated the conneection possible causes for this include server problems network problems or a long. inactivity...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo email error code 0x80040902 language:en