Windows 10: windows 10 MAIL

Discus and support windows 10 MAIL in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have got new computer and was getting my mail using MAIL(outlook/Hotmail). But I am getting a lot of spam ,so thought id try Spamfighter. After a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by arthos, Jan 11, 2016.

1. arthos Win User

windows 10 MAIL

I have got new computer and was getting my mail using MAIL(outlook/Hotmail).
    But I am getting a lot of spam ,so thought id try Spamfighter.
    After a lot of searching I find I'm connecting thro IMAP and I need to use POP3 ?
    But as I'm signed in with Microsoft it tied my email account thro IMAP and I cant delete it.I searched your site and web but found no advice .
    I could do reinstall>delete Microsoft sign in ?,
    I was wondering if I can set up my same Hotmail address as a second "pop account" ?
    Any advice would help.
    regards

:)

arthos, Jan 11, 2016

2. Email Error Code 0x80040902

If Window 10 Email doesn't work, then Windows 10 is a mistake! Your fix doesn't work, that is where I had it originally. When I first set it up, it worked, now it doesn't. BAD!

Windows 10 Mail BAD, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jan 11, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

windows 10 MAIL

Cliff S, Jan 11, 2016
  5. arthos Win User
    arthos, Jan 11, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Jan 11, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    It should be taking you to this:

windows 10 MAIL [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jan 11, 2016
  8. arthos Win User

windows 10 MAIL

yes read it .but my email is set up alredy thro IMAP and there is no way to delete the account ,so that I can set up as pop3

arthos, Jan 11, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Jan 11, 2016
  10. arthos Win User
    I don't actually have outlook.
    outlook.com took over my Hotmail account? in the past ?
    I have MAIL the new windows 10 app. which takes me to my Hotmail address

arthos, Jan 11, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    The settings for hotmail are the same as outlook. They are the same thing(for quite some time now), just under different names.
    hotmail is now outlook - Bing

Cliff S, Jan 11, 2016
  12. arthos Win User
    I'm getting confused cliff s,
    I have mail app which connects using IMAP, MAIL will not let you alter or delete the account.
    and it is the MAIL app that calls up my mail.??
    regards

arthos, Jan 11, 2016
  13. Cliff S New Member

windows 10 MAIL

Try that link I gave you where you can connect with POP in post #2. Yes you have IMAP, but this should make the changes necessary, as the changes must be made with the online version of your mail account. It's the same with Gmail Hotmail, Outlook and other accounts. You don't do it on the device.

Cliff S, Jan 11, 2016
  14. arthos Win User
    was that the : connect devices to pop: ?cos that link just took me to my mail

arthos, Jan 11, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Jan 11, 2016
Thema:

windows 10 MAIL

1. windows 10 MAIL - Similar Threads - MAIL

2. Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom under...: Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom of Preview Pane [Settings -> Reading Pane] unlike with Outlook.See attached Screenshots for Mal ver and Settings Option....
  3. Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom under...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom under...: Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom of Preview Pane [Settings -> Reading Pane] unlike with Outlook.See attached Screenshots for Mal ver and Settings Option....
  4. New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail: Windows 11.I've only set up my email account on Outlook new and yet I'm getting new mail notifications for both Outlook AND Mail. How can I stop the notifications from Mail?...
  5. New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail

New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail: Windows 11.I've only set up my email account on Outlook new and yet I'm getting new mail notifications for both Outlook AND Mail. How can I stop the notifications from Mail?...
  6. bogus mail sent from my Microsoft mail account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bogus mail sent from my Microsoft mail account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986: I have suddenly been having people respond to mail that I didn't send AND have numerous emails in my draft section that I never started. One said that it was sent to the following account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986, which gets me to a dead-end site. Besides...
  7. bogus mail sent from my Microsoft mail account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986

bogus mail sent from my Microsoft mail account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986: I have suddenly been having people respond to mail that I didn't send AND have numerous emails in my draft section that I never started. One said that it was sent to the following account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986, which gets me to a dead-end site. Besides...
  8. In windows live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows live mail: Unable to send and receive messages for Hotmail account your server has unexpectedly terminated the conneection possible causes for this include server problems network problems or a long. inactivity...
  9. In windows live mail

In windows live mail: Unable to send and receive messages for Hotmail account your server has unexpectedly terminated the conneection possible causes for this include server problems network problems or a long. inactivity...
  10. In wind0ws live mail

In wind0ws live mail: Unable to send and receive messages for Hotmail account your server has unexpectedly terminated the conneection possible causes for this include server problems network problems or a long. inactivity...