Windows 10: Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider

Discus and support Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider Written by Gavin Phillips October 12, 2015 Windows 10 maintenance has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Night Hawk, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider

more

:)

Night Hawk, Oct 11, 2015
  2. what!?!? Win User

Apps not closing, still running in background

Thanks for the response. I am not looking for a "close all" function. Sometimes I intentionally want to leave an app running. In windows phone 8.1, I could exit and close th app by merely selecting the arrow/back button, I am looking for that same functionality.
    When I'm in an app, I want to be able to exit directly from there and not have it continuing in the background.

what!?!?, Oct 11, 2015
  3. what!?!? Win User
    Apps not closing, still running in background

I just got my Lumia 950 phone. On my prior Windows phone, when I pressed the arrow/back button on the bottom left screen, I would exit the app. On Windows 10 phone, I've been doing that and I just realized I'm not exiting the apps. I had intentionally not
    exited an app (because it had my boarding pass). Instead of back button, I pressed the middle window button. Later when I went back to call up my airline app, I pressed the arrow/back button and held it. Similar to my old windows phone, it showed me all the
    apps that were open. SURPRISE! unlike my previous phone, no app had been closing. Right now, I can't seem to find a "one click" way to exit an app. The only way is after I've done a few things, I hold the back button and click the "X" on each of the open items.

Can someone tell me how to exit an app with one click or swipe so that it is not still running, i.e. when I press the back button I will not see it? I'm sure this is something simple. I search the instructions that came with the phone and looked in the
    forum but haven't found the answer.

thanks in advance the assist.

what!?!?, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider

1. Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider - Similar Threads - Maintenance Has Changed

2. What's Something You Change in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's Something You Change in...: Name something in Windows, or other OS, system or just anything on a computer where you remember vividly thinking, "damn, maybe I shouldn't" or "I Hope I don't regret this" , "Cross fingers". Etc. I just found out Nvidia and Microsoft bricked my GPU because I had not been...
  3. What Maintenance/Optimizer Tools Do You Use?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What Maintenance/Optimizer Tools Do You Use?: Hi, I have used WiseCare 365 Pro for years since Windows 7 I think, sometimes Windows built in. Now I use Auslogics Boost Speed 12, it is amazing so many functions it has, I know so have Windows, but this is my way of doing it.*Smile Windows 10 Pro Version:19042.685. 171792
  4. Wondering what things to consider

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wondering what things to consider: Hello, Used kari's tutorial when setting up Windows 10 a few years back. Now, am having issues with Windows update and might need to either use - Media creation tool to update to latest Win-1909 OR - install using...
  5. Windows 10 Stuck in repair or recovery mode - what to consider

Windows 10 Stuck in repair or recovery mode - what to consider: Hi I have battled with this for over 2weeks now and found that formatting the hard drive worked. It's harder than you think to do it windows 10 couldn't. So after watching various videos etc someone suggested looking at the disk manufacture's website. Eureka - it suggested...
  6. "What has changed" suggestions

"What has changed" suggestions: The best windows keep getting better at; Looooooooooooooooooong boot up time. Endless repair attempts without a fix More problems with drivers and compatibility at no cost Here are some suggestions to your marketing people; Surprise Mode : We have been working on...
  7. What is Windows 10X? Everything you need to know

in Windows 10 News
    What is Windows 10X? Everything you need to know: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft took off the wraps from various new Surface devices and software features for Windows 10. They not only announced not only new devices but also new features that would be available. One of the new Surface devices announced was [...] This post What...
  8. What HDD maintenance programs do you use?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What HDD maintenance programs do you use?: I just came across Disk Checkup by PassMark software. PassMark DiskCheckup - SMART hard drive monitoring utility What do you use for accurate regular HDD health checks? 134014
  9. What software would you consider a must have for a buisness computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What software would you consider a must have for a buisness computer?: I bought my current computer, a Toshiba Satellite, orginally to write my resume and do job hunting online. For various health reasons now I find that I'm now restricted to working from home. So this laptop I had been using for basically internet browsing, going social media...
  10. What’s New for You in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What’s New for You in Windows 10: Yesterday we released our first major update to Windows 10. Terry Myerson shared details on the release in his blog and today we thought we’d package up ten great new consumer features for you to try once you install the November update. Since launching Windows 10, we’ve...