Windows 10: Windows 10 major audio issues never seen on forums

Discus and support Windows 10 major audio issues never seen on forums in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Alright so this might be long because this is not any normal audio problem and I really need answers. Information before you read I have a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ethen089, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Ethen089 Win User

Windows 10 major audio issues never seen on forums

Alright so this might be long because this is not any normal audio problem and I really need answers.

Information before you read

• I have a windows 10
    • I have use a hyperx cloud 2 with its soundcard but have also tested with logitech speakers, multiple headsets, even bluetooth
    • I have realetek audio drivers, however this problem is also on my hyperx cloud 2's soundcard
    • I have had 2 PC's however transferred my windows version from the old one to the new one, same problem on both.
    • These issues are with gaming and music sometimes, I will explain below

Important to know p1 -With what I have heard about my headset, it seems like most people need to have it t about 25-30% for loud volume, however I have always needed 50%

Backstory important

About 2 years ago I got a dell inspiron PC, and got my headset that I am still currently using at the same time. Now about 5 months into using the PC my games out of nowhere got very quiet on my headset, like barely audible. My fix was to turn on loudness equalization, which worked. However about a year later I decided I should try to play with it off again to see if it was fixed, and at the time I was playing red dead redemption. However to no surprise it was almost silent. However about a week later I finished Rdr2, and began another game halo. This time I tried turning off equalization again and to my surprise, it was better. Everything sounded so much crispier and way better then ever did with equalization. However p1 was still occurring, and video media netflix, youtube, etc was a lot quieter then with equalization

Current problem
    Now the current problem is slightly less drastic then last time, however still seems to relate. About 3 days ago I noticed out of nowhere my audio got quieter again, and had a slight suppressed sound that made stuff like gunshots less crispy. I would have to put the volume to about 70% to sound normal.

Now this is where the confusion part comes in. I noticed this problem with the game "control". However the day before this problem, everything was fine and the audio sounded normal. So within the same week, and within the same game, my audio went from needing to be at 50% to 70%.

However it does not stop there. This is not occuring with all games. Below im gonna put 3 games that I do have this problem with, and 3 that I do not

Affected

• Dead by daylight steam
    • Control xbox app
    • Sea of thieves xbox app

Not affected

• Halo the master chief collection steam
    • Metro exodus steam
    • Donut county xbox app

This is not all though. As about 2 days after the game issues came back, out of nowhere music using spotify has gotten quieter. I went from needin g my audio set to 38% to sound loud to 60%.

Possible causes but unlikely

1. I have a asus prime motherboard, and using its q-installer I have noticed that it says there is a realtek audio driver that is outdated. However everytime I do the update, it does all its downloading, restarts my PC, and then still says outdated. Reason for being unlikely-I have this problem with my hyperx cloud 2, which does not use realtek, as well as devices that use realtek.
    2. I have this strange problem where this windows update titled "secuirity intelligence" keeps appearing, however only when I click check for updates. I noticed this after doing a windows update about 3 days ago note I did this update after noticing the audio problems

What I have tried

• Going into control panel, communications, and made sure it is not set to reduce audio when in call. Did the same thing on discord
    • Update graphic card drivers
    • Windows trouble shooter for all used audio devices
    • Turned off all enhancements
    • Downloaded firmware

Now I am aware this was very long, and probably confusing. However I really wanted to be as thorough as possible, as this has been a problem I have always had with me. Now I know many probably have 0 clue about this, but honestly I will take any help at this point because Im truly lost on what to do, and have never heard of this problem before.

Any help is appreciated for any of my listed problems.

:)

Ethen089, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 major audio issues never seen on forums

1. Windows 10 major audio issues never seen on forums - Similar Threads - major audio issues

2. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  3. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  4. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: Ever since y'all automatically installed Windows 11 when I tried to shutdown and update my PC I have had major audio issues. There is a clear audio disconnect sound and then when it reconnects in the 1-2 second span, Everything after is robotic and glitched out. Resets my...
  5. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: Ever since y'all automatically installed Windows 11 when I tried to shutdown and update my PC I have had major audio issues. There is a clear audio disconnect sound and then when it reconnects in the 1-2 second span, Everything after is robotic and glitched out. Resets my...
  6. Never seen this issue before WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Never seen this issue before WINDOWS 10: If you looking at this post, maybe you can help with a problem I've found no info on.Essentially half of my windows related apps aren't working. What do I mean? If I try to open mail, mail crashes. I go to settings to get help via the get help window, it crashes. I try to...
  7. Never seen this issue before WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never seen this issue before WINDOWS 10: If you looking at this post, maybe you can help with a problem I've found no info on.Essentially half of my windows related apps aren't working. What do I mean? If I try to open mail, mail crashes. I go to settings to get help via the get help window, it crashes. I try to...
  8. Never seen this issue before WINDOWS 10

9. Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10: Hi there, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. However, ever since I have done this I am having issues with my audio. I use a LG TV as my monitor which I have connected via HDMI. However, whenever watching a video or listening to music on Spotify, a occasional buzz can...
  10. Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10: Hi there, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. However, ever since I have done this I am having issues with my audio. I use a LG TV as my monitor which I have connected via HDMI. However, whenever watching a video or listening to music on Spotify, a occasional buzz can...