Windows 10: Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues

Discus and support Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Over the last few weeks, users have reported that a new Windows 10 update bug appears to have broken Check Disk, one of the most useful command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 24, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues

Over the last few weeks, users have reported that a new Windows 10 update bug appears to have broken Check Disk, one of the most useful command line-based tools that Microsoft ships with the OS.

For those unaware, the ‘Check Disk’ command can be initiated by both the user and the operating system. The mysterious bug resulted in an unexpected Blue Screen of Death error when users run ChkDsk command in Windows 10 with December 2020 updates applied.

It looks like the change, which caused system stability issues, was first introduced in Windows 10 Build 19624 for Insiders. The bug appeared to have somehow slipped through the gaps in the Windows Insider program to also appear in Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2.

It appears that the feature, which resulted in the problem, can be remotely enabled and disabled where applicable. This allowed Microsoft to deliver the fix for the error in just 24 hours without any action required from the end-user.

This incident again proves that bugs reported by Windows Insiders can be buried amongst a mountain of other feedback on topics like dark mode, Start Menu, Action Center, etc.

Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues Windows-Insider-program.jpg

For those unaware, Microsoft reduced the number of staff working in the Windows testing team in 2014 and started using virtual machines to test updates. In addition to its virtual machines, Microsoft also relies on Windows Insiders (a group of tech enthusiasts willing to test beta builds of Windows 10 and providing feedback on features as well as bugs)

This approach has resulted in an increased number of issues and bugs, and it is also ruining Microsoft’s reputation.

According to reports, Microsoft is internally exploring new ways to reduce bugs in Windows 10 updates and offer more customized and actionable options to deal with compatibility issues.

The post Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 24, 2020
  2. hello10 Win User

How a major bug in the Windows 10 October 2018 Update slipped past MS

"Last week, Microsoft began the relaunch of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update after pulling it more than a month ago due to a file deletion bug that somehow crept into the shipping build. While Microsoft has since gone into extensive detail as to how it's making sure something like this doesn't happen again, it's still unclear how such an issue made its way into the final release. So [WC] did some digging."

What actually happened? *Arrow How a major bug in the Windows 10 October 2018 Update slipped past Microsoft

hello10, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Major BUG: GPU-Z causes Windows 10 PC to hard lock

I am a proud beta tester of GPU-Z! Also, I have suggested many features/new functions over the years, many of which were implemented by GPU-Z author. *Smile Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues :)
    So, I like GPU-Z and do not want to use anything else for this.

Could be not GPU-Z, in fact. Maybe a combination of those latest AMD Radeon drivers+my Windows 10 being Insider Preview.
    MY Windows 10 OS is the Insider Preview kind, maybe I should have mentioned that.

RE Core Temp, I have translated it into Bulgarian, and also suggested some new features, implemented by author (for Core Temp, just a few - less than those I suggested for GPU-Z). *Smile Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues :)
    So, likewise I like it and do not want to stop using it. *Wink Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues ;)

4. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues - Similar Threads - major bug slipped

2. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  3. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: Ever since y'all automatically installed Windows 11 when I tried to shutdown and update my PC I have had major audio issues. There is a clear audio disconnect sound and then when it reconnects in the 1-2 second span, Everything after is robotic and glitched out. Resets my...
  4. Major issues with current builds of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major issues with current builds of Windows 11: Microsoft,You do realize you are having major issues with Windows 11 right now right? Autopilot.dll errors and TDR issues with Nvidia drivers. My Event Viewer is flooded with autopilot.dll errors from PID 2324 which is some sign in assistant. It is causing my PC to...
  5. Major issues with current builds of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Major issues with current builds of Windows 11: Microsoft,You do realize you are having major issues with Windows 11 right now right? Autopilot.dll errors and TDR issues with Nvidia drivers. My Event Viewer is flooded with autopilot.dll errors from PID 2324 which is some sign in assistant. It is causing my PC to...
  6. Windows 11 22H2 causing major issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 causing major issues: Dear Microsoft development team, I just updated to the latest 22H2 version, and since then, my battery life has immensely decreased. My laptop Dell G15 5511 used to give a battery life of a at least 10 hours on balanced mode and 12-14 hours on Ultimate power savings, and now...
  7. Latest 20H2 update causing Windows stability issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest 20H2 update causing Windows stability issues: Hi, I am looking to get some support over an issue I've recently got with the new 20H2 update. I've recently changed my boot drive with an NVMe SSD and installed the newest Windows update20H2 from Microsoft iso file/entitlement package. My issues started at the very first...
  8. Stability issues with new Z390 build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stability issues with new Z390 build: Hi guys, I just got a new z390 build - Asus Z390 Prime-A, i7 8700, corsair 16gb 3200, samsung 970 EVO 512gb M2 NVME and Gigabyte Geforce 1060 6gb. I also added another old SATA SSD (connected as disk0 whereas the SAMSUNG M2 is connected as disk1 and the windows is...
  9. How a major bug in the Windows 10 October 2018 Update slipped past MS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How a major bug in the Windows 10 October 2018 Update slipped past MS: "Last week, Microsoft began the relaunch of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update after pulling it more than a month ago due to a file deletion bug that somehow crept into the shipping build. While Microsoft has since gone into extensive detail as to how it's making sure...
  10. [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions: I came across this post, when researching the issue of security permissions being grayed out and not having the ability to save files. I then noticed this post was dated August 2015. Could this still be an issue with One Drive? My problem with not being able to save files...