Windows 10: Windows 10 - Make current typing language display in English

Discus and support Windows 10 - Make current typing language display in English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Windows used to display multiple languages in the language bar in English, ex: EN for English, TH for Thai, RU for Russian ETC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Guy S.A.R, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Guy S.A.R Win User

Windows 10 - Make current typing language display in English

Hello everyone,

Windows used to display multiple languages in the language bar in English, ex: EN for English, TH for Thai, RU for Russian ETC.

Windows 10 now uses the original language to display, so Thai will be in Thai letters, Russian in Russian letters etc..

I wish to get things to display as they were, EN for English, RU for Russian etc...

Is this anyway possible?

Thanks in advance to all.

:)

Guy S.A.R, Aug 15, 2018

2. Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow these steps to add English (Canada) language from control panel.

• Type language in the search bar on desktop of Windows 10, then click on
      Add a language tab in the language Window.

• Click on English tab in the
      Add a language
      Window, then double click on English (Canada) to add to
      change your language preferences in the language Window under
      Control panel.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 15, 2018
  3. English (United Kingdom) Keyboard does not let me change language with grave accent

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre for Directly, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - Make current typing language display in English

How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Make current typing language display in English

1. Windows 10 - Make current typing language display in English - Similar Threads - current typing language

2. Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support: I have a PC, but for comparison I have a school laptop I use. I have both Korean keyboards downloaded on them, however for some reason whenever I try to write in Hangul, it keeps resetting into the English alphabet on the Korean keyboard itself on PC. When I use any...
  3. Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support: I have a PC, but for comparison I have a school laptop I use. I have both Korean keyboards downloaded on them, however for some reason whenever I try to write in Hangul, it keeps resetting into the English alphabet on the Korean keyboard itself on PC. When I use any...
  4. Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't change the Windows display language to English

I can't change the Windows display language to English: Last year I bought a laptop in China and I cannot change the system language to English because the Windows display language has only one option which is Chinese. I can add other input languages but the system language cannot be changed. Thus, all My computer, Control Panel,...
  6. Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently: Hi there,I used to do it in the past: When I was typing Chinese characters, I could type English small letters directly when I hit "SHIFT" and alphabet button at the same time, while CAPS LOCK is off i.e. before switching to Chinese language, I was typing English small...
  7. Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently

Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently: Hi there,I used to do it in the past: When I was typing Chinese characters, I could type English small letters directly when I hit "SHIFT" and alphabet button at the same time, while CAPS LOCK is off i.e. before switching to Chinese language, I was typing English small...
  8. Make Korean language as Windows Display Language

Make Korean language as Windows Display Language: Hello Experts, I am using Win 10 1903 x64 and where can get offline update for my korean language? the following function is seemed not working, looks keep searching-searching and searching. [ATTACH] I want my UI interface in windows is appears on Korean language....
  9. Can't make english as windows interface language

Can't make english as windows interface language: Ysday i bought notebook with Windows. I have russian language installed by default as windows system language. I also have english and can switch to it freely then writing. I can also add any other language - BUT can't install any of them as windows interface language....
  10. Recovering display language English

Recovering display language English: Hi I am aware that this is a topic on different threads. My laptop has windows 10 home build 1803 with English (US) as the default display language. Today I added French as the display language using the instructions on settings. It worked (though gave me grief as the...