Windows 10: Windows 10 makes random "empty recycle bin" sound while at rest

Discus and support Windows 10 makes random "empty recycle bin" sound while at rest in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I will be away from the desk and Windows 10, at rest, will make the emptying recycle bin sound all on it's own. Is there a logical answer for this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rodman Browning, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 makes random "empty recycle bin" sound while at rest

I will be away from the desk and Windows 10, at rest, will make the emptying recycle bin sound all on it's own. Is there a logical answer for this?

:)

Rodman Browning, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Amaliad Win User

Windows 10 makes random "empty recycle bin" sound while at rest

"Empty recycle bin" missing from Sound menu

I want to enable the "empty recycle bin" sound for when I empty the trash bin but when I go to Sound in settings, and then Sounds, "Empty recycle bin" is not listed in the Program Events.

How do I add it?

Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.14393 build 14393

Thanks!

Amaliad, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 makes random "empty recycle bin" sound while at rest

1. Windows 10 makes random "empty recycle bin" sound while at rest - Similar Threads - makes random empty

2. Recycle bin will not make sound when emptying it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin will not make sound when emptying it.: I am running Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 OS build 19044.1806 on an HP pavilion 64bit. The sound when I empty the recycle bin has stopped working and nothing I try seems to work. In fact when you go to the sound control board none of the sounds will do a test sound. I have...
  3. Recycle bin will not make sound when emptying it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin will not make sound when emptying it.: I am running Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 OS build 19044.1806 on an HP pavilion 64bit. The sound when I empty the recycle bin has stopped working and nothing I try seems to work. In fact when you go to the sound control board none of the sounds will do a test sound. I have...
  4. Recycle bin will not make sound when emptying it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly: I have tried using storage sense and setting the recycle bin to automatically empty every 24 hours but this does not help, for some reason it still randomly empties the contents of the recycle bin onto my desktop for no apparent reason. Any insight would be helpful.Thanks....
  6. Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly: I have tried using storage sense and setting the recycle bin to automatically empty every 24 hours but this does not help, for some reason it still randomly empties the contents of the recycle bin onto my desktop for no apparent reason. Any insight would be helpful.Thanks....
  7. Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly

8. Emptied recycle bin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Emptied recycle bin: Hello,I tried speaking to online help but was proptly ignored. My files were all moved to the recycle bin thinking they were still on my hard drive and not just on OneDrive, and then the recycle bin was emptied yesterday. Obviously having seen what happened, and the mistake...
  9. Recycle Bin Randomly Empties to Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin Randomly Empties to Desktop: I have a really annoying issue where my recycling bin randomly empties itself onto my desktop.I'm using windows 10, and I've tried setting the bin to auto delete files to have less files to dump out but it keeps happening every couple of weeks. I'm quite pedantic about my...
  10. Empty Recycle Bin

Empty Recycle Bin: I have recently had a new Hard Drive installe. Having re-installed my software and apps I have a list of 42 files in recycle bin that will not delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-recycle/6bacd00c-4699-478a-9de7-45cab25e6dd3