Windows 10: Windows 10 Making Eyes & Head Hurt??

Discus and support Windows 10 Making Eyes & Head Hurt?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 8.1 was fine. But for some reason Windows 10 is seriously making my eyes and head hurt. I have no idea why. I don't know if Win10 is brighter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gelbs, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Gelbs Win User

Windows 10 Making Eyes & Head Hurt??

Windows 8.1 was fine. But for some reason Windows 10 is seriously making my eyes and head hurt. I have no idea why. I don't know if Win10 is brighter by default. But if I lower the brightness, it makes the colours look too dark and out of proportion. Don't think it does much good neither. I thought it could be to do with my monitor refresh rate or something. There's no driver for 10 but it seemed to of installed regardless. Even typing this is making my eyes and head hurt. Pissing me off big time. Anyone else with same prob or a decent solution? I have an Nvidia card. Tryed Flux but don't like it. Cheers.

:)

Gelbs, Jul 30, 2015
  2. carman58---01, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Lock the Font in Windows 10 Mail

Oh dear, you are still not reading what is written are you. What was the heading of this thread. It's a case of eyes are open but you are not seeing. As to the fact that I am unable to change the font in WINDOWS 10 why do you give people the choice???

HowardBagley, Jul 30, 2015
  4. vgchat Win User

I find it helps to use a dark black theme. Maybe try that? Also this site has a dark skin that you can try switching to.

vgchat, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Gelbs Win User
    I've got that mate. But the dark theme doesn't work with Internet Explorer and the windows with folders etc. The only thing that's black is the settings and taskbar. :/

Gelbs, Jul 30, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    You should have received a Windows 10 driver for your nVidia card via Windows Update. The last one I received was 353.62. I've since downloaded and installed the same driver from the full install package, so that I could configure the install the way I liked. (I don't know why nVidia insists on installing 3D drivers by default. How many people have 3D capable monitors?)

I wonder what sort of refresh rate would be needed to give flicker problems on a current model LCD monitor. I found 60 Hz annoying on CRT monitors, but it's fine with every LCD monitor I've used.

bobkn, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Gelbs Win User
    Yeah. 60Hz is fine normally. I've never had any issues with a Windows making my eyes hurt before. The only time it happens is if I use certain modes i.e. game mode via my monitor. But my monitor is set to a more darker and normal standard setting. Yet the whites on the desktop is hurting my eyes and head, lol. Always something! Nothing ever goes smoothly.

Gelbs, Jul 30, 2015
  8. vgchat Win User

I've had a read about it and I think classicshell might be able to change some theme colors (in places you normally cant change them at)? Or I might be thinking of a different program. I'm sure it's classicshell though..

vgchat, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Gelbs Win User
    Bobkn, do you let 'Other applications control colour settings' in the Nvidia Control Panel, or Nvidia's own? Though it won't mean much as a lot depends on the monitor and it's settings as well.

Gelbs, Jul 30, 2015
  10. bobkn Win User
    The former.

I haven't recalibrated the monitor's color yet since my latest Win 10 install. It's a cheap UHD monitor (Samsung U28D590D). It's TN, but it supports a 60 HZ refresh rate (if a DisplayPort cable is used).

bobkn, Jul 31, 2015
  11. mkdr Win User
    Internet Explorer?? Edge has Dark theme. Theres no meaning in using IE. Plus it's just a settling in period. A dark theme is much better for your eyes, every programming IDE uses it today.

12. Unless you have a really old Nvidia GPU there's a Win 10 driver, you have to scroll up in the list rather than down.

Windows 10 Making Eyes & Head Hurt?? [​IMG]

Edited: I'd suggest you uninstall your driver with DDU.

fracking4oil, Jul 31, 2015
  13. Gelbs Win User

Yeah. I have a latest GPU (GTX970) and have current Win10 driver. I might give Edge a try. Always stuck to IE though. All I've ever known, lol.
    I also have an old Samsung too. Syncmaster SA550. Only using their driver from a few years ago. Don't think they'll ever bring out a Win10 one for it.

Gelbs, Jul 31, 2015
  14. Gelbs Win User
    Okay, my eyes were fine. But I've just installed this new 1607 update...And my eyes and head are hurting again?! I mean, what the ****?! Why?? The settings etc are the same!

Gelbs, Aug 2, 2016
  15. swarfega Win User
    Windows may have reset the settings.

I think it's time you changed to Edge mate as it has the dark theme.

swarfega, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Making Eyes & Head Hurt?? - Similar Threads - Making Eyes Head

2. Windows 10 red eye fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 red eye fix: Up until recently I could fix red eye within the Windows 10 Photo App. That functionality seems to have disappeared. How do I now fix red eye in my photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-red-eye-fix/e43cbe72-2a9b-47f8-8919-2efb14de2cef
  3. Revert To Windows 10 for eye gaze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert To Windows 10 for eye gaze: This Surface 7 pro is used in connection with a Tobii Dynavox Eye Gaze. Without knowing it was a bad idea, I updated the Surface to Windows 11 and it does not seem to be as compatible with the eye gaze. The surface is outisde the window of being able to revert back to Windows...
  4. I cant change my brightness it hurts my eyes help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant change my brightness it hurts my eyes help: I tried absolutely everything from youtube watched like 100s of videos. I cant change my brightness in my laptop currently it's running on its latest windows 10 pro version. (I have tried everythinggggggg) please help me pleaseeeee been suffering from this for 4 days now....
  5. Windows 10 hurts my eyes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 hurts my eyes: Hello, I have now tried to use Windows 10 at several workplaces but without no success. Everytime I try to work with Windows 10 my eyes really hurts... I find Windows 10 too bright and really hard to watch and compare to Windows 7 there is a big difference . With...
  6. PS3 eye Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS3 eye Windows 10: Hi to everyone, i'm new on this forum and i hope someone can help me. I have a PS3 eye camera, and i'm using it on PC windows 10 with CL eye driver test, it still works i'm using it for a track hat if i open cl eye driver test i can see on the monitor my face recorded by...
  7. Windows 10 Hurting Eyes, Showing Blue Tint Screen, Blurry Fonts, Causing Headaches

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Hurting Eyes, Showing Blue Tint Screen, Blurry Fonts, Causing Headaches: Recently Built a Windows 10 system with much anticipation. System Usage Windows Application Development, App Development, Photo Editing, Occasional Video Editing, regular browsing, little bit Gaming. But the Windows 10 sucks totally 1. Hurting Eyes can't work more...
  8. Brain Hurting Sudden Problem With Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brain Hurting Sudden Problem With Windows 10: So here goes..... Hello to all and I hope someone out here can explain this as I am scratching my head, and I am a pc engineer myself. A few days ago windows suddenly started to behave unusual with internet connection not dropping, but not staying up either like in limbo....
  9. Built-in eye tracking support, ‘Eye Control,’ is coming to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Built-in eye tracking support, ‘Eye Control,’ is coming to Windows 10: AShNPfmAkvY Windows 10 will include built-in eye tracking support and an experience called Eye Control, inspired from the winning Microsoft hackathon project in 2014.Eye Control empowers people with disabilities to use a compatible eye tracker to operate an on-screen...
  10. Windows 10 is hurting my eyes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is hurting my eyes: I have an Asus G75VW laptop with windows 8.1 and upgraded to Windows 10. When I did this, everything was fine.. But since I wanted a clean install, I re-installed my SDD and installed Windows 10 clean. Everything is working much better that way, but I can't look at for...