Windows 10: Windows 10 map not showing map - just a bluish rectangle

Discus and support Windows 10 map not showing map - just a bluish rectangle in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open maps from Windows 10 photos app the maps app intermittently shows the address but doesn't show the map at all. If I copy the longitude and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JaceKiwi, Sep 15, 2018.

1. JaceKiwi Win User

Windows 10 map not showing map - just a bluish rectangle

When I open maps from Windows 10 photos app the maps app intermittently shows the address but doesn't show the map at all. If I copy the longitude and latitude into maps.google.com website that works. So what is going on with Windows 10 maps app?

:)

JaceKiwi, Sep 15, 2018
  2. NDarkstar Win User

Mapped drives not showing up on Explorer

Wanted to mention that I'm experiencing this same issue. Environment here is a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain with network shares and printers mapped by GPO. GPO drive mappings are not on a per-user basis and instead are global for all users.

Affected user can not access mapped drives via explorer, yet NET USE shows drives mapped as expected. Attempting to remap network drives via explorer results in a prompt stating that the connection is already mapped to that drive letter, do I want to disconnect and reconnect it?

Oddly, using applications that provide an 'open document' dialogue can see and access mapped network drives normally. For example, open Word, file -> open -> browse: Left pane shows network shares, clicking on network share shows share contents. Clicking on 'This PC' shows all mapped drives which are navigable and documents can be opened normally. Doing this does not correct the issue with Explorer. Similarly, a command prompt also operates as expected, so it's possible to change to a mapped network drive by the associated letter and to list / copy / delete files normally.

Issue appears to be limited to a single user profile on the workstation displaying the described symptoms. Logging in as another user results in the drives being mapped and accessible as usual. Symptoms persist through reboot. User account with symptoms does not have admin access locally or on the domain.

NDarkstar, Sep 15, 2018
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Database Map Software

A friend of mine has a little business of his own and I believe is using Excel, Quickbooks and asked me if there was some way the client list in their database could somehow be plotted out on a map, so see more clearly where most clients are located. I had no idea but I decided to come here and ask the smart people here. I think what he'd like is something similar to when you search a restaurant on yahoo, and it comes up listing 10 or so restaurants numbering them 1 to 10, then showing pins numbered 1 to 10 on the map, maybe like that. Does anyone have anything useful I can pass along to him?

OrbitzXT, Sep 15, 2018
  4. dld44 Win User

Mapped drives not showing up on Explorer

Huh?

Let me restate the problem, a bit more simply. Since at least Windows XP through Windows 8.1, using Windows Explorer you are able to open the Network View, expand a displayed computer, right click on a drive or folder that has been set up as shared under the displayed computer, select "Map Network Drive...", assign a drive letter using the "Drive" drop-down menu, select "Reconnect at logon", and !wow! you have a mapped network drive that shows up every time you start up your computer as long as that network drive is accessible on the network. You can do this also with Windows 10, just as with the earlier OS levels.

But with Windows 10, on my SP3, those mappings sometimes disappear from Windows Explorer after the SP3 is awakened from sleep. To get to them again with Windows Explorer as mapped network drives, I must repeat the mapping operation, just like in the paragraph above. But unlike with the original mapping, the drive assignments still show up like I had set them previously under the "Map Network Drive..." dialog in the list of drive letter possibilities that show up when the "Drive:" drop-down menu is expanded. (As an aside, this means that I don't have to remember the drive letter I had previously used when remapping them, which makes it a bit easier to do.)
    DaveD

dld44, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 map not showing map - just a bluish rectangle - Similar Threads - map showing map

2. Please show map

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please show map: Show maps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-show-map/543c47c0-ff79-475f-bd9d-abe38eb056d9
  3. Please show map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please show map: Show maps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-show-map/543c47c0-ff79-475f-bd9d-abe38eb056d9
  4. Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps

Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps: Zr5fd5iuiyhr5fdi7yhu45feeih7iyt34fie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-loading-maps-in-google-maps-petal-maps-and/40b21d8c-409d-4b96-a0f2-d0b5dd926086
  5. Maps are not showing online maps only offline

Maps are not showing online maps only offline: Hi! On my computer Maps only show a lightblue screen if I try to use online maps. I tried to download offline maps and then It worked. I removed the offline maps and the maps are not showing again. I have access to Internet and my computer does not think it is connected to a...
  6. MAPS

in Windows 10 Customization
    MAPS: [ATTACH]what does the dotted blue line represent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps/d787ff52-f0d6-4c95-b6b0-3d18ab0073de
  7. mapping/mapped drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  8. maps

maps: I was going to use maps but it doesn't give me the location, it's not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps/4533407a-793f-4951-8767-ae357360f53a
  9. Windows 10 Maps

Windows 10 Maps: Can you import address from a csv file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-maps/5e6ce5e2-d349-42ce-916a-d25f88d62f2b
  10. Weather Map not showing?

Weather Map not showing?: [img] how to fix this? also I cant access the Universal Applications folder, the apps seems to be working fine tho but the folder is in-accessible. 29989