Windows 10: Windows 10 Mapped Drives Missing from Desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 Mapped Drives Missing from Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a weird issue where the mapped drives on the Desktop go missing in Windows 10 every so often. I've tried UNC paths and they stay on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by D3LL, Sep 10, 2019.

1. D3LL Win User

Windows 10 Mapped Drives Missing from Desktop

Hello, I have a weird issue where the mapped drives on the Desktop go missing in Windows 10 every so often. I've tried UNC paths and they stay on the desktop. The network isn't dropping so I can't see why these would be getting removed. Anyway to stop or prevent this occuring?

:)

2. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 10, 2019
  4. CraigS Win User

Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mapped Drives Missing from Desktop - Similar Threads - Mapped Drives Missing

2. Windows 10: Map a network drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Map a network drive.: Hi Greg, I read your reply on 'Map a network drive'. It is helpful, but my question, about mapping a network drive, is a little different. Am helping a colleague map a network drive. Have granted Full Access to that colleague's account.While browsing and selecting the drive,...
  3. Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings: Roughly weekly, all of my drive mappings to my NAS device get wiped out by Windows 10. My NAS is a Seagate Blackarmor 220, and runs a Linux-based OS. I can ping the address fine, and I was able to map folders on it until recently. It refused to let me access any of the...
  4. Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings: Roughly weekly, all of my drive mappings to my NAS device get wiped out by Windows 10. My NAS is a Seagate Blackarmor 220, and runs a Linux-based OS. I can ping the address fine, and I was able to map folders on it until recently. It refused to let me access any of the...
  5. No connection can be made from laptop shown mapped drive of desktop drive, from laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No connection can be made from laptop shown mapped drive of desktop drive, from laptop: I have mapped my desktop drive with xp into my laptop. This had always worked before. Suddenly the operating system hangs when the still shown mapped link in my laptop is activated. The only restore point is too recent to remedy the issue. A rundll32 popped a couple times....
  6. mapping/mapped drives

mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  7. Windows 10 Mapped Drives Missing from Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mapped Drives Missing from Desktop: Hello, I have a weird issue where the mapped drives on the Desktop go missing in Windows 10 every so often. I've tried UNC paths and they stay on the desktop. The network isn't dropping so I can't see why these would be getting removed. Anyway to stop or prevent this...
  8. Map network drive not working in windows 10 solution

Map network drive not working in windows 10 solution: I have done the solution of windows 10. download MediaCreationTool1809 from windows website and install it after that restart your system and make sure your firewall is on condition.
  9. Windows 10 Driver for Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Driver for Mapped Drive: The setup: Desktop PC at 3.5 GHz 16 GB RAM with Win 10 x64 and C: is Samsung 500 GB SSD MediaSonic Probox HF2-DU3S2 4 Bay 3.5" Enclosure - All 4 bays containing 3 TB drives MediaSonic ProBox HFD1-SU3S2 4 Bay - All 4 bays containing three 2.5" SSD drives of varying sizes and...
  10. Map Network Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Map Network Drive in Windows 10: How to: Map Network Drive in Windows 10 How to Map Network Drive or Disconnect Network Drive in Windows 10 When you map a network drive, you are creating a shortcut in This PC to a shared folder or computer on your network. A mapped network drive has the following...