Windows 10: Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly

Discus and support Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When using Windows 10's Map App, everything works except for getting directions. When the route preview comes up, the blue line glitches out and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iamthesargent, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly

When using Windows 10's Map App, everything works except for getting directions. When the route preview comes up, the blue line glitches out and sometimes covers the entire screen. It never even comes close to being properly sized, much less over a roadway. Happens at all levels of zoom, with or without the maps being downloaded for offline use, and on both roadway and aerial view. I do, however, see blue dots at intersections where you need to turn, but they are not connected.

I am currently using a Panasonic CF-19 Toughbook Mk5.

:)

iamthesargent, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just direction

Source: Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just directions | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Dynamically updating directions when using the Maps app

When using the Directions feature of the Maps app to generate directions from "My Location", some steps in the directions include distances to the next step. This is great, but this distance is not updated while driving, which means that it might say 20
    mi when the directions are generated, and still say 20 mi when you are only 0.5 mi when you are almost to the next step. This can sometimes make the directions confusing, or even cause you to miss the turn or exit or whatever, because you don't realize you
    are almost there. Your location on the map (the blue dot in a diamond) automatically moves to display your current location, so I don't see why the directions can't also get automatically updated so that distances stay correct (and, also, if you go off course,
    regenerated, so you don't need to specifically ask to have them regenerated).

Several other additions to the Maps' Directions feature that I would like to see, although not quite as important, are:

1. Arrows on the blue line showing which direction you will be heading at each point.

2. The ability to control whether you see the just the map, just the directions, or both.

3. Slightly more compact or distinct steps in the list of directions. I would rather see two steps that say "X Ave" with a turn left icon and "Y Ave" with a turn left icon than one step that says "X Ave and immediately turn left onto Y Ave" with a double
    left turn icon. I think that having only one street name per step (at least in the main heading of the step, I don't care if other street names are used or mentioned in the subtext/details of the step) makes it clearer what you need to do at each step.

Nathan Sokalski, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly

New Features in Windows 10 Maps App

Source:
    New Features in Windows 10 Maps App | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly

1. Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly - Similar Threads - Maps App Displaying

2. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  3. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  4. Windows Weather app won't display maps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Weather app won't display maps.: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Now, my Weather app isn't working properly: maps won't display. The other options work normally, but the maps page won't display any maps. All I get is the "eternal roller-coaster".I have done the following:Run the Windows Store...
  5. Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.: Hello, I am using Windows 10, and recently I downgraded from Windows 11. After that, one major issue I am facing is MAPSGoogle Maps or Maps app both not working properly. Location is fine. It is showing correct location but navigation or other features like zoom out/in or...
  6. Maps app can't get directions

Maps app can't get directions: The Windows 10 app usually slows to a crawl on my Dell laptop when I request directions. It can usually find a destination, but when I select another location to find directions from, it spins forever saying "getting directions," but an hour later it'll still be saying that....
  7. Maps App in Windows 10 now will not calculate directions

Maps App in Windows 10 now will not calculate directions: I can calculate directions via Transit, and sometimes, walking - but not driving. What happened, and how do I fix it? I'm logged in, and I'm tired of going to Google maps......
  8. Map app can not calculate directions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Map app can not calculate directions: My map app cannot give me directions for some needed routes. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/map-app-can-not-calculate-directions/57f0b3a2-18d9-48ff-99a1-1f4714fb8ad6
  9. Maps app travel time in directions function?

Maps app travel time in directions function?: Maps direction function results show travel time. Is the "heavy or moderate traffic hours" in parentheses included in the total shown??...
  10. Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just direction

in Windows 10 News
    Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just direction: Hello! I’m Kushal Kapoor, the Product Marketing Manager for the Windows Maps team. I’m excited to announce the latest Windows 10 Maps app update is available to all Windows 10 customers today! [img] With this update, we continue to deliver on our promise of a maps...