Windows 10: Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.

Discus and support Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We've been recommending windows 10 maps to our customers. It's been working fine until they updated to windows 10 1809. The maps will initially work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lance-addsys, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.

We've been recommending windows 10 maps to our customers. It's been working fine until they updated to windows 10 1809. The maps will initially work for few minutes. But when driving, while using the turn by turn navigation, the maps freezes and stops working. The only way it can recover is to restart the tablet. It's happening on a panasonic tough pad, surface go and surface pro. So I don't think it's a device issue. We also tried updating to Windows 10 1903, hoping that the issue was fixed, but we had no luck. The problem is still there. It's pretty easy to replicate, use windows 10 Maps app for turn by turn navigation and then start driving, you'll just see it freeze in 20-30 minutes on your drive.

:)

Lance-addsys, Sep 18, 2019

2. Problems with turn by turn navigation in bing maps

I have noticed that the built in Maps application of Mango does not give turn by turn navigation anymore after the latest update on 10 Dec 2011 (OS version 7.10.7740.16) It always says "we Can't reach Bing Maps at the moment. Check your mobile data or
    WiFi connection. " Short of restoring previous state, Is there a solution to get back turn by turn navigation?

Thanks

What is a phone?, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Turn by Turn Navigation Update for Bing Maps Similar to Google Maps.

When is windows phone going to receive turn by turn navigation for bing maps?

Bloodsilent, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.

Microsoft, why did you remove the built-in Bing Map application for turn-by-turn navigation in WP8

UPDATE:

While Bing maps is still the default maps, if you click the "right turn" button at the bottom of the navigation list it will take you to HERE Drive and you are set with T-by-T voice navigation!

All is good!!

Bryan

BryanLayer, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.

1. Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving. - Similar Threads - Maps freezes during

2. New Computer Freezing, Not Turning On

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Computer Freezing, Not Turning On: I just got an HP Envy x360 Convertivle 15m-dr0xxx laptop that runs Windows 10 a few weeks ago. Occassionally, I would have trouble turning it on, where the power button did not work, and only after a couple minutes of holding down the power button for around 30 seconds,...
  3. Turned off during recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turned off during recovery: My pc, doesn't load windows after.it switched of during windows recovery, it shows a brand's logo and a blank scrensafter it doesn't show a windows logo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-during-recovery/5e1cca7c-5358-4403-93f2-d7a4fc46c4b0
  4. Windows 8.1 64 DEFENDER TURNS OFF DURING SCAN ! shut shuts turning turned

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 8.1 64 DEFENDER TURNS OFF DURING SCAN ! shut shuts turning turned: Windows 8.1 64 16 GB RAM (2 sticks vengeance ddr3) Intel i7-4790K (Not overclocked and won't be) Motherboard GIGABYTE Z97-HD3 LGA 1150 rev 2.0 GeForce GTX 1050ti not overclocked PSU: EVGA supernova 650 Watt G2 80 plus Gold....
  5. Turn off traffic delay in Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off traffic delay in Maps: Is there a way to turn off the traffic delay for travel time in Maps? Since I plan my route the day before, current traffic delays aren't really relevant, but I don't see a way to turn it off....
  6. Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.: hey, guys, what's up? here's the thing, i've been having this problem for a really long time, i'm using my pc and all of the sudden everything sofwere stops responding and the hard drive light turns off, then after 30 seconds or so it starts blinking again and everything...
  7. Keyboard Gets Turned Off During Windows 10 Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Gets Turned Off During Windows 10 Startup: I don't know if this problem is caused because of latest Windows 10 update or not, but lately I noticed when I turn on my PC, or even restart, my keyboard (Corsair K70) gets turned off, while my mouse still working fine. This is the period after bios & logo, when both...
  8. Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep: The title says it all. When I put the computer to sleep, every few hours it turns back on. I cannot seem to find the problem in any power option. I made sure that my drivers do not wake up my computer in sleep. 17143
  9. Turn On or Off Show all folders in Windows 10 Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show all folders in Windows 10 Navigation Pane: Good quick tip , thank you Brink. 7078
  10. Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone

in Windows 10 News
    Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone: Hello! I’m Aaron Butcher and I’m the Group Program Manager for the Maps Team in the Windows PC, Phone, and Tablet Group. In the January Windows 10 Technical Preview, Windows Insiders got a chance to try out our new Maps app for the PC. We’re excited that the new Maps app is...