Windows 10: Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.

Discus and support Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We've been recommending windows 10 maps to our customers. It's been working fine until they updated to windows 10 1809. The maps will initially work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lance-addsys, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.

We've been recommending windows 10 maps to our customers. It's been working fine until they updated to windows 10 1809. The maps will initially work for few minutes. But when driving, while using the turn by turn navigation, the maps freezes and stops working. The only way it can recover is to restart the tablet. It's happening on a panasonic tough pad, surface go and surface pro. So I don't think it's a device issue. We also tried updating to Windows 10 1903, hoping that the issue was fixed, but we had no luck. The problem is still there. It's pretty easy to replicate, use windows 10 Maps app for turn by turn navigation and then start driving, you'll just see it freeze in 20-30 minutes on your drive.

:)

Lance-addsys, Sep 18, 2019

2. Problems with turn by turn navigation in bing maps

I have noticed that the built in Maps application of Mango does not give turn by turn navigation anymore after the latest update on 10 Dec 2011 (OS version 7.10.7740.16) It always says "we Can't reach Bing Maps at the moment. Check your mobile data or
    WiFi connection. " Short of restoring previous state, Is there a solution to get back turn by turn navigation?

Thanks

What is a phone?, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Turn by Turn Navigation Update for Bing Maps Similar to Google Maps.

When is windows phone going to receive turn by turn navigation for bing maps?

Bloodsilent, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.

Microsoft, why did you remove the built-in Bing Map application for turn-by-turn navigation in WP8

UPDATE:

While Bing maps is still the default maps, if you click the "right turn" button at the bottom of the navigation list it will take you to HERE Drive and you are set with T-by-T voice navigation!

All is good!!

Bryan

BryanLayer, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.

1. Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving. - Similar Threads - Maps freezes during

2. My windows 10 freezes and then turns into black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 freezes and then turns into black: This started when it to updated win 11. So I decided to go back to windows 10 so I reinstalled Fresh. But this happenning again and i didnt hav before. I also tried installing new drivers not through DDU....
  3. My windows 10 freezes and then turns into black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 freezes and then turns into black: This started when it to updated win 11. So I decided to go back to windows 10 so I reinstalled Fresh. But this happenning again and i didnt hav before. I also tried installing new drivers not through DDU....
  4. File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives

in Windows 10 News
    File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives: [ATTACH]If File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives on your Windows 11/10 system, this post may help you fix it. This issue prevents users from accessing the data inside the mapped network drives because every time users try to access them, File...
  5. Incorrect display of next maneuver in turn-by-turn navigation in Maps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect display of next maneuver in turn-by-turn navigation in Maps: I have been having this problem for years now with different machines and location sensors. All of my computers have location sensors and turn-by-turn navigation in Maps works, meaning that the location is tracked properly. Additionally, voice navigation works - voice-over...
  6. Turned PC off during reset while it was installing Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turned PC off during reset while it was installing Windows 10.: I reset my Computer and while it was going through the process of a reset my dog managed to unplug the power to the computer, when I have tried to turn the PC back on it displays a message stating"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...
  7. Windows Maps app freezes while redirecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Maps app freezes while redirecting: When trying to do a turn by turn navigation in Windows maps and the driver missed a turn, the maps app starts to show "Redirecting". But it freezes at that point and would not redirect. Leaving it like that for a while will crash the maps application. Driver will have to...
  8. FSX on Windows 10 freezes then turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX on Windows 10 freezes then turns off: Hello, I have a problem with Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition. It was working properly for some time and suddenly a problem came out. During the flight, simulator freezes and there is loading cursor circle and after about 10 seconds simulator turns off without any...
  9. Turn off traffic delay in Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off traffic delay in Maps: Is there a way to turn off the traffic delay for travel time in Maps? Since I plan my route the day before, current traffic delays aren't really relevant, but I don't see a way to turn it off....
  10. Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone

in Windows 10 News
    Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone: Hello! I’m Aaron Butcher and I’m the Group Program Manager for the Maps Team in the Windows PC, Phone, and Tablet Group. In the January Windows 10 Technical Preview, Windows Insiders got a chance to try out our new Maps app for the PC. We’re excited that the new Maps app is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn by turn navigation windows maps

2. windows 10 build maps turn by turn freezes