Windows 10: Windows 10 Maps freezing after updating to 1809

Discus and support Windows 10 Maps freezing after updating to 1809 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We used to recommend windows maps application to our customer. But recently after updating to 1809. We received reports from our customers that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lance-addsys, May 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Maps freezing after updating to 1809

We used to recommend windows maps application to our customer. But recently after updating to 1809. We received reports from our customers that the maps application is freezing and sometimes crashing when losing internet connectivity. We already tried to download the offline maps but that doesn't solve the problem. We're still experiencing the map to freeze at the middle of turn by turn navigation.

:)

Lance-addsys, May 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

Update for "Current Status" of Windows 10 October Update on first page.

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Current Status[/td] [td]Affected Platforms[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]November 28, 2018 5:00 PM PT[/td] [td]Known Issue[/td] [td]
    • Windows 10, version 1809
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Windows Server, version 1809
    [/td] [td]Mapped drives may fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. Symptoms include:
    • In File Explorer, a red "X" appears on the mapped network drives.
    • Mapped network drives show as "Unavailable" when you run the net usecommand from a command prompt.
    • In the notification area, a notification displays, "Could not reconnect all network drives."
    Workaround: See KB4471218 for workaround scripts to automatically reconnect a mapped network drive when you log on to the device. Next Steps: Microsoft is working on a resolution and estimates a solution will be available by early December 2018.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Brink, May 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 maps

To narrow down your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using another USB in saving your offline maps?
    • Were you able to update your drivers? We suggest that you check if your drivers are up to date by following the steps on this
      link.

For your reference, below are the steps to save Offline Maps to USB:

• Click on Start; then, Settings.
    • Select Maps; then, Storage Locations.
    • Click on the Change where you store offline maps drop down menu and choose the
      new location.

We will be waiting for your response.

Michael Gall, May 6, 2019
  4. wt_lesny Win User

Windows 10 Maps freezing after updating to 1809

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Maps freezing after updating to 1809

1. Windows 10 Maps freezing after updating to 1809 - Similar Threads - Maps freezing updating

2. Windows 10 1809 freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 freezing: It's ba-ack. Periodic freezing, requiring manual restart. Once, it even froze on restart. This was fixed once. Any suggestions or do I have to wait for the autumn update :). Dell XPS 8700, i7 processor, 24 gb of RAM. Windows 10 pro 64 bit version 1809. One Drive is not...
  3. Problem after updating to windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after updating to windows 10 1809: So today my computer got updated from 1803 to 1809. But now I think I have a problem. So I have AVG installed as an anti virus product, and after the update windows defender is no longer saying that my protection is being managed by AVG, windows defender is now running, and...
  4. computer freezing after trying to install update 1809

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    computer freezing after trying to install update 1809: My computer was randomly freezing after windows update. Freezing would also occur instantly when using Photo App. Microsoft said it was a driver issue but could not identify it. I found a thread which said there was a conflict with update 1809 unless the Intel graphic driver...
  5. Windows 1809 Freezes.

Windows 1809 Freezes.: Issue has occurred on every install I attempt.Install over 1803,Clean boot with Av uninstalled and even a clean install.Numerous posters seem to be having the same issue.Any info on this?...
  6. Screen freezes after Windows 10 upgrading to 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezes after Windows 10 upgrading to 1809: The screen freezes and clicking the cursor anywhere on the screen is invalid.Sometimes right-clicking the cursor in the taskbar is valid, but I can't click on any item in the list.If this happens while I'm using the browser(all browser), the page content won't be affected....
  7. windows 10 will not boot after 1809 update

windows 10 will not boot after 1809 update: windows 10 will not boot after 1809 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-boot-after-1809-update/0538ae0c-2449-45e2-939b-23d8ddfb74ec
  8. Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep

Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep: Hi, This Windows 10 (1809) is really a troublemaker. I make my surface book 2 computer sleep by the power button and Windows Start > Power > Sleep. When I wake it up, it freezes. I have to restart for each time because I cannot use it after wake up. How can I solve this...
  9. Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809

Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809: We have a few mapped network drives. These have worked until the Windows 10 1809 update. Now, none of the drive letters will automatically connect- the folders are all listed with their associated drive letters and each has a red cross. If I click on the red cross, they...
  10. Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809

Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809: We have a few mapped network drives. These have worked until the Windows 10 1809 update. Now, none of the drive letters will automatically connect- the folders are all listed with their associated drive letters and each has a red cross. If I click on the red cross, they...