Windows 10: Windows 10 March 2019 update takes many hours

Discus and support Windows 10 March 2019 update takes many hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i was wondering, is it ok for windows update to take hours upon hours? i got the latest update just a few days ago and to my surprise, that took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Totoosart, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Totoosart Win User

Windows 10 March 2019 update takes many hours

Hi,

i was wondering, is it ok for windows update to take hours upon hours?

i got the latest update just a few days ago and to my surprise, that took quite long, but it was done in a few hours and all was fine, then comes this one and says it will also take longer to update, it had already been hours, what should i do?

and now that i’m here, what’s with the watermark?

thank you very much

totoo

:)

Totoosart, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2019
  3. windows 10 updates-March 2018

I have March updates that will not install. The automatic updates for 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based system (March KB4088776) were activated and downloaded to my computer, but they will not install on shutdown/restart.
    When I check for updates, it shows that the updates are downloaded, but when I click to uninstall, there is not a date for installation. I have researched the Windows suggestions for this problem. They tell me to remove the January 2018 updates (January
    KB4056892) and then reinstall the March update. When I attempted to uninstall the January update, I could see the update listed in the check for downloads screen, but when I click uninstall, the January update has a different reference number. Please advise.
    I have talked to my technology department and they can't determine next steps either. VERY FRUSTRATING. I need my computer for work.

JennyWilliams_642, Mar 13, 2019
  4. londiste Win User

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

Windows 7 went out of mainstream support on Jan 15, 2015.
    Windows 8.1 went out of mainstream support on Jan 9, 2018.
    And I doubt anyone on Windows 8.1 would mind too much upgrading to Windows 10. I definitely would not *Big Grin Windows 10 March 2019 update takes many hours :D

They are supporting only Windowses currently in mainstream support. For Windows 10, they seem to have moved the support model to the bi-annual updates being supported for 2 years and more recently 1.5 years.

Has it been said if Office 2019 will actually work on Windows 7/8.1? Supported and actually working can be different things. Kind of like the "on supported hardware" comment above.

londiste, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 March 2019 update takes many hours - Similar Threads - March 2019 update

2. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taking many hours to boot: hiwin10 is taking many hours to boot , it takes nearly an hour or so at each stage. yesterday it was slightl5 faster .its been for about 5 hours showing blank desktop, blue loading circle and a partly populated task bar 'clock/date and ms brower search windowyesterday it ran...
  3. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taking many hours to boot: hiwin10 is taking many hours to boot , it takes nearly an hour or so at each stage. yesterday it was slightl5 faster .its been for about 5 hours showing blank desktop, blue loading circle and a partly populated task bar 'clock/date and ms brower search windowyesterday it ran...
  4. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 update takes hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update takes hours.: Microsoft, Please make sure that Windows 10 updates are not so painful. I have lost income due to Windows 10 update taking hours, and my laptop was showing circle going round and round, with nothing happening. I lost at least 4.5 hours of income and I am not rich to get these...
  6. Windows 10 March 2019 Update

Windows 10 March 2019 Update: Since this last update I have noticed many anomalies. Mostly with screen pages. For example, in page setup before printing the system hangs in the setup selection pages. These pages normal have an OK button on the very lower right part of the menu and you cannot proceed...
  7. Windows 10 update on March 20, 2019

Windows 10 update on March 20, 2019: Evidently the night of March 20, 2019, a Windows Quality Update was pushed down. My computer had been rebooted and now I cannot open any of my Office 365 programs. The fix for this happening in 2016 will not work for me as I cannot get into my programs to do anything....
  8. March 2019 Windows update

March 2019 Windows update: Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 amd64 2019-03 will not install after repeated attempts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/march-2019-windows-update/1b4395c5-d57f-4274-b63b-d9c74d2a7312
  9. windows update of march 2019

windows update of march 2019: Hello, my laptop was working fair before the update but after the update i have to compulsory use the task manager to start any thing for the first 10 minutes of the startup. i need a solution. Thank-You!!!!...
  10. Drive Scanning Process Taking Many Many Many Hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drive Scanning Process Taking Many Many Many Hours: Hello! Recently, the wireless keyboard that was connected to my computer (A Dell Studio XPS 435t with Windows 10 Home) via USB stopped working. I tried replacing the batteries, but it still didn't work. To fix this, I connected an old wired keyboard to the computer, which...