Windows 10: Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming

Discus and support Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good day guys, I have an Asus X550M with a 2.16GHz Intel Celeron Processor and subsequently Intel Graphics. I usually run older games on it just fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/irieball, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming

Good day guys, I have an Asus X550M with a 2.16GHz Intel Celeron Processor and subsequently Intel Graphics. I usually run older games on it just fine eg: modern warfare, prototype etc usually averaging around 20-30 fps which is playable enough for me. Recently when the May updates came out everything became unplayable and very laggy with an average fps of 5-10 across all games including very old games such as NFS U2 and MW (2005). I deleted both updates and system restored, which fixed the problem for a solid week or so which has me thinking it's not a hardware problem, the issue is back now and I'm stumped, I've had this computer for about a year now with nothing like this happening. Anyone here has an idea of what could be wrong?

I should also add that system restores always solve the problem but doing that once a week just to play a bit of old games makes no sense to me.

submitted by /u/irieball
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/irieball, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Zach LL Win User

Windows 10 massive fps drop

Hello, i seem to have a massive fps drop in any game i play, 1/3 to even 1/2 fps drops depending on the game, I've tried reinstalling windows twice, checking drivers constantly and i can't seem to fix it. it's not a hardware issue, i believe it to
    be a software issue, started to happen about the last week of September, so about 2 months now, also sometimes when i restarted pc my fps would be fixed on startup, but the next restart it would drop massively by 1/3 to even 1/2 of my usually amount.
    I also tried bumping my performance of my ram per paging file in the advanced system properties, because i also noticed my memory % jumped quite a bit.

System Specs:

Windows 10 os 64-bit

8 GB of Ram (7.85 usable)

i5-4690k Cpu @ 3.50 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7700 series

Thank you

Zach LL, Jun 5, 2020
  3. FPS drop or Game lagging in April Update.

Hi everyone,

This afternoon I got my Windows 10 updated to April 1803 version. Everything seemed to work fine until I launched Assasssin's Creed III . On the previous windows 10 version it worked perfectly without any FPS drop or not even a single lagging while playing.
    But now my game lags sometimes and at times it's becoming horrible experience with the lagging.

So, any possible solution? I've already disabled the Game capture and Game DVR from settings, but they are not helping much.

Should I roll back to previous update? Or Microsoft is going to help by releasing a patch ?

My laptop is Asus X556UQ with NVidia 940 MX( latest driver installed)

MD.FAKHRUDDIN GAZZALI FAHIM, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Bfid_2 Win User

Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming

FPS drop Windows 10 from Windows 7

After upgrading to windows 10 I have had a massive FPS drop in every one of my games.

Games with 60+ FPS are now about 5-10. Is there any way to fix this?

Bfid_2, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming

1. Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming - Similar Threads - massive lag fps

2. massive fps drop on every game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    massive fps drop on every game: my pc was running every game fine until literally yesterday whe suddenly every single game i own decided to run at around 2-10 fps when they used to run at 60-80i have treid rebooting,closing background programs and none have workedDevice name DESKTOP-0SEOU8M Processor AMD...
  3. massive fps drop on every game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    massive fps drop on every game: my pc was running every game fine until literally yesterday whe suddenly every single game i own decided to run at around 2-10 fps when they used to run at 60-80i have treid rebooting,closing background programs and none have workedDevice name DESKTOP-0SEOU8M Processor AMD...
  4. lag and fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag and fps drop in games: battlefield 2042 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-and-fps-drop-in-games/edbbd071-dcad-4f5e-be5e-c1ba2f7398b7
  5. lag and fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag and fps drop in games: battlefield 2042 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-and-fps-drop-in-games/edbbd071-dcad-4f5e-be5e-c1ba2f7398b7
  6. Massive FPS Drops on a certain game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive FPS Drops on a certain game: Hi everyone, ive recently been having problems with my build, with my FPS dropping in Fortnite from like 300-400 to 40 even in the menu with nothing going on and it crashing quite often. I did a fresh install of windows and drivers but getting the same problem, My CPU is at...
  7. Massive fps drops on good hardware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Massive fps drops on good hardware: Massive fps problems with good hardware Yo so i recently started playing apex and i have my gpu (1080 ti) at 100% usage, cpu (8700k) at 30% ish and temps are super fine (both gpu and cpu are 65 degrees max) however i have terrible fps not only in the spaceship phase (where...
  8. Sudden massive FPS drops during gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sudden massive FPS drops during gaming: Hi everyone, I am having this massive drop in FPS from 100 fps to 50+ fps on Modern Warfare. I'm using a GTX 1070 Max Q notebook. GPU temps while gaming is approx 80-84c. During gameplay, FPS drops to 50+ all of the sudden and my GPU temp hovers around 70c. This happens...
  9. Massive FPS drop after reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Massive FPS drop after reinstall windows 10: Hi everyone, I'm having one of the worst issue ever had with my laptop. After upgrading to windows 10, i'm experiencing a big drop of fps in all games. I just reinstall my OS in my acer predatr g3 572, update all drivers and triple checked them with windows update, device...
  10. Slowdown while gaming/massive lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slowdown while gaming/massive lag: Hi All System performing pretty well, just when gaming sluggish a bit, as in can't hardly walk at times, Game is Secondlife with 3rd party 64bit Firestorm viewer, LInden labs don't have 64bit native viewer out yet. System is clean install last month Creators update...