Windows 10: Windows 10 May 2019 Update fixes slow shutdown issue

Discus and support Windows 10 May 2019 Update fixes slow shutdown issue in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently reported that Windows 10 October 2018 Update has a bug that causes shutdown delay. According to Microsoft, shutting down a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 27, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 May 2019 Update fixes slow shutdown issue

Microsoft recently reported that Windows 10 October 2018 Update has a bug that causes shutdown delay. According to Microsoft, shutting down a USB Type-C supported Windows 10 device can take a long one minute in certain conditions.

Windows 10 October 2018 Update doesn’t go well with the USB Type-C Connector System Software Interface due to a bug in Microsoft’s implementation. It means if you’re shutting down your PC and a USB Type-C device is being connected or disconnected, the shutdown process could take up to 60 seconds.

This happens because the USB Type-C Connector System Software Interface runs in the background when you connect or disconnect a device from the USB Type-C port.

The bug isn’t a huge issue as your Windows 10 device and USB port will continue to work normally after a restart.

“A bug in the USB Type-C Connector System Software Interface (UCSI) software implementation in Windows 10, version 1809 can cause a 60 second delay in the system sleep or shutdown process if the power-down happens while the UCSI software is busy handling a new connect or disconnect event on a USB Type-C port,” Microsoft explains.

In a new update to the support document, Microsoft says that this bug has been resolved in Windows 10 May 2019 Update. The company is advising affected users to install Windows 10 version 1903 as it fixes the problem.

Microsoft hasn’t confirmed if it also plans to address this bug on Windows 10 October 2018 Update.

“This is resolved in Windows 10 version 1903, please update to the latest released build if you are impacted by this bug,” Microsoft explains.

It’s not known if and when Microsoft will backport this fix to October 2018 Update, but if the slow shutdown issue bothers you regularly, you can upgrade to Windows 10 May 2019 Update.

The post Windows 10 May 2019 Update fixes slow shutdown issue appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 May 2019 Update fixes slow shutdown issue - Similar Threads - May 2019 Update

2. May 2019 Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    May 2019 Windows 10 Update: At start up, Tips for the update were on my screen. Where do I find them again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-windows-10-update/0afc9357-6c27-4b57-8f34-ba392a3f47f9
  3. May 2019 update for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 update for windows 10: Hoping someone can help with this issue. I use a usb device for wifi. I don't have any other usb devices connected to my pc. I have tried numerous times to upgrade to the May update with no success. Keeps telling me "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using...
  4. Shutdown not working sometimes Windows 10 May 2019 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown not working sometimes Windows 10 May 2019 update: After using for a couple of hours (more than 6+ hours of usage), my PC brings out a specific problems lasts until next reboot. When I try to shutdown my PC, it won't respond.. How many tries I try to shutdown but there is no use. Nothing works after that like I can't open...
  5. Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) Issue

Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) Issue: Hey guys! I just have a short question to ask. I have not yet updated to 1903. I check for my updates and get the "Service for 1803 is about to end. Update to 1903." I click download and install now. It goes up to 100, then asks me to insert a drive. I do that and it...
  6. Windows 10 Version 1903 | ( May 2019 Update) Fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Version 1903 | ( May 2019 Update) Fix: I Updated my HP Pavilion X360 windows 10 home to Version 1903 or The latest May 19 update, but after Update my laptop getting so many errors, but presently i am Looking for a Solution for" Night Light" i can't save the state .. Please help me abd others , i am sure many of us...
  7. Windows update MAY 2019

Windows update MAY 2019: Hello , I want to know that when 1903 update will be released for India and what will the size of the update. Thanks in advance.........
  8. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  9. Known issues with Windows 10 v1903 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Known issues with Windows 10 v1903 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has released Windows 10 v1903, and it comes with an array of new features and functionalities. Microsoft is currently rolling out the update to all the users; however, the rollout is slow. As part of its transparency, Windows comes [...] This post...
  10. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...