Windows 10: Windows 10 May 2019 Update USB storage devices bug partially fixed

Discus and support Windows 10 May 2019 Update USB storage devices bug partially fixed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A bug in Windows 10 has been blocking users from upgrading to the May 2019 Update (versions 1903). The bug affects the PCs that have either a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 16, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 May 2019 Update USB storage devices bug partially fixed

A bug in Windows 10 has been blocking users from upgrading to the May 2019 Update (versions 1903). The bug affects the PCs that have either a USB storage device or SD card connected when checking for updates or during the installation.

This issue can be fixed quickly by removing the SD card or other USB storage before checking for the upgrade as usual via Windows Update. Microsoft has said it expects to fix the problem in a future cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 and it looks like the bug was partially resolved on June 11.

On June 11, Microsoft quietly updated its support document to announce that the bug has been fixed temporary, but the upgrade block remains in place. It looks like the fresh fixes were included in Windows 10 Build 18362.175 which was also released on Tuesday when Microsoft update the doc.

While the USB storage devices bug has been partially fixed, the upgrade block is still in place for the time being. In other words, Microsoft is still asking Windows 10 users to remove all external media (USB devices and SD cards) and then check for updates or begin the installation.

Windows 10 May 2019 Update USB storage devices bug partially fixed USB-bug.jpg

The update should proceed normally if you remove the storage devices, the software giant says. If you forget to remove the affected USB or SD device, you won’t see the update on Windows Update page. On the other hand, Update Assistant will display a cryptic error message that basically says the PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10.

Unfortunately, the error message you’ll see isn’t extremely helpful as the Update Assistant tool fails to detail the blockade reason.

You’ll see the following error message:

“Your PC has hardware that isn’t ready for this version of Windows 10. No action is needed.”

Microsoft says it is working on a resolution and another updated will be posted in future when the bug is completely fixed.

The post Windows 10 May 2019 Update USB storage devices bug partially fixed appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 16, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Update to increase the maximum transfer size of USB storage devices in Windows 7...

This is an Microsoft Windows 7 or Server 2008 R2 update that may improve performance of USB transfers. Now they do say, "for some":
    How? Well per Microsoft:
    Now, you do need to read the Hotfix article, here > An update to increase the maximum transfer size of USB storage devices in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2

Now, after you apply this hotfix, you will need to do some registry editing.
    So, back up your registry before proceeding. And, also, you do this at your own risk; as always... anything can go wrong at anytime, even in the most perfect circumstances.

This registry edit is, also, covered in the hotfix:

After you install this update, to increase the maximum transfer size of USB storage devices, follow these steps:
    ‪1.‬Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.
    ‪2.‬Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    ‪3.‬HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbstor\VVVV PPPP
    ‪4.‬Click Edit, point to New, and then click DWORDValue.
    ‪5.‬Type MaximumTransferLength, and then press Enter.
    ‪6.‬Click Edit, and then click Modify.
    ‪7.‬In the Value data box, type a value to specify the maximum transfer size between 64KB and 2MB. For example, you select Decimal and type a value between 65535 (64K) and 2097120 (2M).
    ‪8.‬Exit Registry Editor.

Notes
    VVVV represents device descriptor idVendor in hexadecimal.
    PPPP represents device descriptor idProduct in hexadecimal.

To get this update, you will need to click the "View and Request Hotfix Downloads" at the top portion of the page. Follow the instructions, like, fill out the info and check the files you want to download. They will send an email to with the links.

Happy updating and may it improve your USB storage device's performance. *Smile Windows 10 May 2019 Update USB storage devices bug partially fixed :)

95Viper, Jun 16, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 May 2019 Update USB storage devices bug partially fixed - Similar Threads - May 2019 Update

2. May 2019 update for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 update for windows 10: Hoping someone can help with this issue. I use a usb device for wifi. I don't have any other usb devices connected to my pc. I have tried numerous times to upgrade to the May update with no success. Keeps telling me "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using...
  3. Microsoft clarifies Windows 10 May 2019 Update storage requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft clarifies Windows 10 May 2019 Update storage requirements: Microsoft’s support document stated that both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Windows 10 May 2019 Update will require 32GB of storage. This caused confusion, but Microsoft has clarified that Windows 10 version 1903 new storage requirements don’t apply to existing...
  4. Windows 10 Version 1903 | ( May 2019 Update) Fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Version 1903 | ( May 2019 Update) Fix: I Updated my HP Pavilion X360 windows 10 home to Version 1903 or The latest May 19 update, but after Update my laptop getting so many errors, but presently i am Looking for a Solution for" Night Light" i can't save the state .. Please help me abd others , i am sure many of us...
  5. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  6. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...
  7. May 2019 Update, increases storage requirement---- clarification?

May 2019 Update, increases storage requirement---- clarification?: I have a detailed document, much of it above my head, with the hardware requirements for the May update showing it to have been increased to 32 GB, and more for the 64bit OS. There are certain things important to those of us with 2-in-1 small storage Tablet PCs which are not...
  8. Minimum storage requirement increases for Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Minimum storage requirement increases for Windows 10 May 2019 Update: 3.3.1 Storage device size Devices that run Windows 10 for desktop editions must include a storage device that meets the size requirements shown in Table 12. Table 12: Storage size requirements for devices that run Windows 10 for desktop editions OS architecture OS version...
  9. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update with USB device or SD card

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update with USB device or SD card: "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10" error on a computer that has a USB device or SD card attached Applies to: Windows 10 Symptoms Consider the following scenario: You're running a Windows-10 based computer that has either the April 2018 Update (Windows 10, version...
  10. Windows 10 May 2019 Update could be blocked if storage device is attached

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update could be blocked if storage device is attached: Windows 10 May 2019 Update is around the corners, but Microsoft has already blocked a group of users from receiving the update if their computer has a USB storage device attached. A new support document from Microsoft warns Windows 10 users that the May 2019 Update may not...