Windows 10: Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down critical feature

Discus and support Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down critical feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 comes with a feature called ‘Credentials Manager’ that stores your sign-in information for websites, apps, and also networks, including the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 10, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down critical feature

Windows 10 comes with a feature called ‘Credentials Manager’ that stores your sign-in information for websites, apps, and also networks, including the VPN connections. Windows Credentials feature isn’t new and it’s been around for a long time, and it is designed to save your login usernames and passwords.

Windows 10 version 2004 has a bug that interferes with Credentials Manager and it breaks Chrome, Edge, Windows apps, or VPN’s ability to authenticate users or let them sign in to their accounts. Users have also reported that they are being logged out of their browser or apps every time they restart their computers.

The problem appears to make Windows Credentials Manager forgetful and apps or OS features that depend on Windows Credentials won’t remember the username/password after reboot.

“Outlook 2010 would not stay logged in. Also, all the Chrome sites that I like to leave logged in will not stay logged in,” one user told us.

Based on this comment, we discovered multiple threads on Microsoft’s community forum and Feedback Hub. In multiple threads (1, 2, 3), users documented the following problems:

• Outlook, Acrobat, Lastpass extensions repeatedly ask for credentials.
    • Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, OneDrive also repeatedly ask for credentials.
    • Settings app periodically urges re-authentification.

The reports appear to suggest that Windows cannot remember credentials for a variety of apps.

A similar problem with credentials has also been reported with VPN connections, and Microsoft has acknowledged it.

VPN issues

In another thread, users reported that Windows Security is also unable to authenticate their VPN connections.

In a dialog window, Windows Security reports that the username or password for the connection is incorrect and VPN authentication fails.

Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down critical feature Windows-Security-error.jpg

This problem also appears to be associated with the Windows Credentials Manager, which incorrectly reports that the Windows connection credentials are invalid.

“After the upgrade to 2004, I can no longer connect to the office VPN. The error message simply says there is a problem with my login credentials,” one user noted in the Feedback.

“Using an integrated SSTP VPN connection with the “Automatically use Windows user name and password” option selected. When I attempt to connect, I am told my password is incorrect and I have to fill in my password. My password works, it just is no longer is automatically used when I try to connect to VPN,” another user noted.

This has been widely reported for weeks, and Microsoft has already acknowledged issues with VPN connection. Fortunately, a fix is being developed and it will be released to consumers and businesses soon.

How to fix issues with Windows Credentials

A lot of users have reported that reconnecting the Microsoft account to Windows could resolve the problem. In order to fix issues with Windows Credentials, follow these steps:

• Open Windows Search.
    • Search for ‘Your account info’.
    • Click on ‘Sign-in with a local account instead’.
    • Once you’re signed in with a local account, reboot Windows.
    • Go back to the ‘Your accounts info’ settings and reconnect your Microsoft account.

You can also try these steps:

• Windows Search.
    • Search for ‘Command Prompt’ and run it with administrator privilege.
    • Run the following command and type enter:
      sfc /scannowDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If nothing works, you may need to roll back your device to Windows 10 version 1909 or older.

The post Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down critical feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down critical feature - Similar Threads - May 2020 Update

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 10 May 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 10 May 2020: Hello everyone, Under Settings > Windows Update, I have a piece of text saying "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004... ...The Windows 10 May Update is on its way. Once it's ready for your device, you'll see the update available on this page." However, it has been...
  3. windows 10 may 2020 feature update

windows 10 may 2020 feature update: I HAVE RECEIVED A WINDOWS 10 MAY 2020 FEATURE UPDATE BUT WHEN EVER I TRY TO UPDATE WINDOWS IN MY SEETINF MY LAPTOP AUTOMATICALLY DISCONNECTS AND NOT ABLE TO CONNECT TO WIFI UNLESS I RESTART MY LAPTOP. THEN I TRY USING MICROSOFT UPDATE ASSIST APP BUT IT ALSO CANT UPDATE IT...
  4. Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down another feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down another feature: Windows 10’s May 2020 Update, which was released on May 27, has ended up breaking an essential app. The app in the question is OneDrive and it’s apparently made by Microsoft. After upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004, people have been complaining that they cannot access...
  5. 2004 May 2020 Feature Update

2004 May 2020 Feature Update: A couple of weeks ago I received a notification that the latest feature update was due to be installed on my computer 2004. I postponed the update for a week because I was working on something. But a week later when I pressed "update and restart" on the main menu, nothing....
  6. May 2020 Feature Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    May 2020 Feature Upgrade: Hi guys. now that the 2004 May 2020 Feature Update has been released Im reading that there are several issues. One of which is Realtek Bluetooth driver which I dont think is relevant to me. Ive checked in Device Manager and it says under Bluetooth Qualcomm QCA9565 Bluetooth...
  7. May 2020 update breaks digital audio outputs

May 2020 update breaks digital audio outputs: After installing May 2020 update my S/PDIF outputs stopped working. No amount of rebooting, removing devices from Device Manager, removing various drivers, updating various drivers, checking cables and so on helped. Audio playback levels are registered by the Mixer, headphone...
  8. May 2020 Feature Update is out

May 2020 Feature Update is out: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/05/27/how-to-get-the-windows-10-may-2020-update/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-feature-update-is-out/cb13d2e7-de29-4d78-bf14-486bd2fb2227
  9. Windows 10 v2004 May 2020 Update New Features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 v2004 May 2020 Update New Features: [ATTACH]Windows 10 v 2004 next feature update is now available using Release Preview. But for most users, it would be a good idea to install […] This article Windows 10 v2004 May 2020 Update New Features first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. The next Windows 10 feature update is called the May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    The next Windows 10 feature update is called the May 2020 Update: The next feature update for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system will likely be called the May 2020 Update. Microsoft has had the habit of changing feature update names frequently for its Windows 10 operating system, especially in the first two years after release. The...