Windows 10: Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets AMD Radeon GPU driver

Discus and support Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets AMD Radeon GPU driver in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After Intel and Nvidia, AMD has also released new GPU drivers with support for Windows 10 May 2020 Update. If you’ve already upgraded to May 2020... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 28, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets AMD Radeon GPU driver

After Intel and Nvidia, AMD has also released new GPU drivers with support for Windows 10 May 2020 Update. If you’ve already upgraded to May 2020 Update or you’re planning to update later this week, you will want to install AMD’s newly released Radeon driver, which is based on WDDM 2.7.

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.5.1 is focused on optimizing support for Windows 10 version 2004 (May 2020 Update) and the driver is apparently based on WDDM 2.7 (Windows Display Driver Model).

However, it appears that support for hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling, which is the key feature of WDDM 2.7, is not included in this release.

May 2020 Update allows you to enable hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling from Windows Settings and it allows the graphics card to manage own video RAM directly.

It’s believed that hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling delivers better performance, reduced latency and improved minimum or average frame-rates.

If you use AMD or Nvidia GPU cards, you will have to wait for a while before support for hardware-based scheduling arrives. Intel has also released WDDM 2.7 based drivers, but the hardware-based scheduling looks to be missing when you have a dedicated video card plugged in.

AMD Radeon GPU driver version 20.5.1

AMD Radeon GPU driver update also adds with support for AMD Link Xinput Emulation driver (AMDXE), which aims to improve compatibility with current and future games.

In this release, there are a bunch of bug fixes too and as well as known issues, which you should keep in mind before updating the drivers.

AMD says that it has resolved a bug crashing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Control when Radeon Anti-Lag feature is enabled.

AMD is also aware of a known issue where players will notice stuttering in games with RX 5000 series graphics cards. According to the company, Enhanced Sync could still cause a black screen on some games and configurations.

If you’re interested, you can download and install AMD’s latest GPU drivers from the company’s website.

The post Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets AMD Radeon GPU driver appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 28, 2020

2. Driver Error AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000

ok, it didn't work after all. windows update has seemingly installed another
    driver update for my amd mobility radeon hd 5000, this time breaking it again.

i tried what you suggested step by step, but that didn't work either. I'll try it again with running a win 7 driver in compatibility between steps two and three and keep you posted on the results.

WanjaLeuthold, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Darren De Win User
    Driver Team Help Needed: AMD Radeon Vii complete driver disaster on Windows 10 1909 (18363.592)

So the short version of this story is as follows, I recently updated by computer with the latest updates WUOnline and everything appeared to work well. This was approx. 1 month ago.

During that time I also decided to upgrade my AMD GPU drivers to the most up to date available (March 2020) and received instant pain. Computer lockups, specifically when attempting to install the driver.

I initially left the issue for a couple of weeks as I have a Linux install, which is still working without any problems but I needed to fix the issue.

After spending many a day trying to whittle down the issue, I have come to the conclusion that somewhere along the lines, Microsoft have updated their OS which is preventing the driver for my AMD Radeon Vii from being installed. Now there are other drivers
    I have installed from a clean install, the issue is very specific to the AMD Radeon Vii Driver, any version of them.

Today, I have reinstalled Windows 10 1909 via the ISOMediaCreationTool again from scratch, has no internet access and thus works immediately out of the box and exhibits no problems.

Here are the steps I have taken to replicate the issue:

- Fresh install of Windows 10 1909 (18363.592)

- Restarted the computer to ensure the system was stable

- Enabled System Restore, its not enabled by default, and created a restore point

- Restarted again, still looks good

- Installed the latest AMD Adrenalin 2020 20.3.1(March 19) package

- Instant lockup and crash

- Restarted into recovery and ran the restore option and the system booted with the restore point configuration, I.e Default Display Driver

- Downloaded the earliest driver package I could find from AMD, which was the Adrenalin 2019 19.9.2 (Sep 23) version and moved to the problematic computer

- Installed the 19.9.2 driver package

- Instant lockup and crash

- Rebooted into recovery and restored the system to the working configuration

- Downloaded another driver package, this time the latest AMD Chipset Drivers 2.03.12.0657

- Installed these on the problematic computer and everything worked fine

- Restarted and everything came back up without any problems

NOTE: I have also allowed Windows Update to download and install the available Radeon Vii driver directly from Microsoft cache and this driver install again causes a full system lockup.

So the issue is not with installing drivers, the issue is very specific to installing ANY AMD Radeon VII GPU Driver that is causing major lockups for this device. I've never had any problems with updating GPU drivers before and I am gaming on a Linux partition
    at 4k without any issues

This ONLY happens with Windows 1909 and the Radeon Vii GPU Driver.

Darren De, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

AMD Released latest Radeon software ADRENALIN 2020 Edition 20.1.3 Driver v 19.50.15.05 on 21-01-2020

On 21-01-2020, AMD inc has released new graphics driver Adrenalin 2020 edition v20.1.3 with more supported graphics devices and with more performance in the drivers for optimizing heavy games.

I am sharing generic driver links only directly from the AMD website.

I recommend you to install customized certified driver modified by AMD graphics cards from the OEM website.

direct downloading links

for windows 10 64bit

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/beta/win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.1.3-jan20.exe

for windows 7 64bit

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/beta/win7-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.1.3-jan20.exe

Note:

* This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.

* When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin
    Edition 20.1.3

* Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.

Fixed Issues:

* An intermittent black screen or loss of display may occur when performing parallel actions such as web browsing, gaming or watching video.

* A limited number of games such as Nioh™, Dragon Quest Builders 2™, WWE™2K20, Dead or Alive 6™ and Atelier Ryza™ may crash or fail to launch.

* Wolfenstein™ 2: The New Colossus is not detected in Radeon Software games manager.

* Text overflow in some UI boxes or toast messages may be experienced in some language localizations.

* Fan Tuning may change back to the default state when switching between available GPUs.

* Copy text options are not available in the display specs table for Radeon Software.

* An intermittent black screen or loss of display may occur when the system is left idle at the desktop.

* Factory Reset install may keep previously configured Radeon Software game profiles. This can cause a mismatch between global graphics settings and per profile settings.

Known Issues:

* Grand Theft Auto™ 5 may experience a system hang or black screen at launch when opening Radeon Overlay while in-game, or after performing a task switch while in-game.

* Audio may intermittently be missing from Radeon ReLive recordings near the end of recorded clips.

* Integer Scaling may cause some video content to show flicker when the display resolution is set to less than native resolution.

* Multiple games may have very dark or very bright graphics in game when HDR is enabled in Windows®.

* Radeon Anti-Lag enable and disable beep notifications may be played in error when individually pressing keys assigned to the hotkey.

* The Radeon Software Overlay hotkey notification may sometimes be displayed during video playback in web browsers or launching some video player applications.

* Integer Scaling option is not showing up or available on some Windows®7 system configurations.

* Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.

* Some Vulkan® gaming applications may crash when performing a task switch with Radeon Image Sharpening enabled.

* Some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics users may intermittently experience a black screen while gaming or on desktop. A potential temporary workaround is disabling hardware acceleration in applications running in the background such as web browsers or Discord.

Radeon Product Compatibility

Radeon™ RX 5700 Series Graphics

Radeon™ RX 5500 Series Graphics

Radeon™ VII

Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics

Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics

Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo

AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics

Mobility Radeon™ Product Compatibility with limited support

AMD Radeon RX 5500M Series Graphics

AMD Radeon RX 5300M Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R7 M400 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics

AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics Product Compatibility-Desktop

AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics

AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics

AMD Athlon™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics

AMD Athlon™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics

AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics

AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics

AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics

AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics

AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics Product Compatibility-Notebook

AMD Ryzen™ Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics

AMD Athlon™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics

AMD A-Series and FX processors with Radeon graphics

AMD Ryzen™ PRO Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics

AMD Athlon™ PRO Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics

AMD A-Series™ PRO processors with Radeon™ graphics

AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics

AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 - HD 8400 Series Graphics

For more information visit below site

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-1-3

Thanks for reading, if any user finds this useful means, reply to me and give a helpful votes

Tenforo, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets AMD Radeon GPU driver - Similar Threads - May 2020 Update

2. AMD Radeon Drivers not getting updated in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon Drivers not getting updated in windows 10: I am trying to update my AMD Radeon M430 but the device manager shows that the best version is already installed. However, the version I have currently installed in from 2016. I have tried downloading and running the update manually but it still shows that the old drivers are...
  3. AMD Radeon Drivers not gtting updated in windows 10

AMD Radeon Drivers not gtting updated in windows 10: I am trying to update my AMD Radeon M430 but the device manager shows that the best version is already installed. However, the version I have currently installed in from 2016. I have tried downloading and running the update manually but it still shows that the old drivers are...
  4. AMD Radeon Driver Problem - Windows 10

AMD Radeon Driver Problem - Windows 10: Hey There! I have problem with my AMD Radeon HD 6600M and 6700M Series Display Adapter. Problem: When I Install Drivers for AMD Radeon HD 6600M and 6700M Series Display Adapter, My Laptop Screen becomes Black and Nothing shows Up. If I put my Laptop in that condition then...
  5. Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets Intel and Nvidia GPU drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets Intel and Nvidia GPU drivers: With the upcoming Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) inching closer to a public rollout, chipmakers are preparing new driver software to improve compatibility and performance. In the second week of May, Intel released new DCH drivers with support for Windows 10 May...
  6. Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver: I decided this afternoon to update my AMD Radeon HD 8730m graphics card on my laptop. After downloading and installing the latest update, my screen froze when the installation was finished. Deciding to restart my laptop, it didn't want to boot windows and hasn't wanted since....
  7. AMD Radeon Drivers

AMD Radeon Drivers: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop. The last build that worked correctly was 1803. All builds after that have had bad AMD Radeon video drivers. Driver updates from AMD do not solve the problem. Windows works in Safe Mode but studders in normal boot on all apps and...
  8. AMD Radeon drivers

AMD Radeon drivers: Why do AMD graphics card drivers need Windows to be fully updated unlike NVIDIA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-drivers/9f190e98-7db9-4a9e-96f1-e1ae719c3731
  9. AMD Radeon 19.5.1 driver adds support for Microsoft’s May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Radeon 19.5.1 driver adds support for Microsoft’s May 2019 Update: Microsoft is expected to begin rolling out Windows 10 May 2019 Update to compatible devices in a week or two. To prepare their devices for Microsoft’s new update, GPU and CPU manufacturers are rolling out new compatible drivers. After Intel and Nvidia, AMD has now also...
  10. Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?: I have an amd 7970 top edition card.. I use the amd radeon settings for driver updates.. The settings say I have driver 18.8.1 installed and that there is a new driver 18.5.1 recommended to install, plus an optional 18.8.2.. I have windows update open and it says that there...