Windows 10: Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets Intel and Nvidia GPU drivers

Discus and support Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets Intel and Nvidia GPU drivers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the upcoming Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) inching closer to a public rollout, chipmakers are preparing new driver software to improve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 27, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets Intel and Nvidia GPU drivers

With the upcoming Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) inching closer to a public rollout, chipmakers are preparing new driver software to improve compatibility and performance.

In the second week of May, Intel released new DCH drivers with support for Windows 10 May 2020 Update and WDDM 2.7. Now, Nvidia is also rolling out version 446.14 of its WHQL graphics driver.

Nvidia says its WHQL Game Ready graphics driver is compatible with Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) or later. This new Windows update brings a wide variety of new features for consumers including DirectX 12 Ultimate Graphics API and ability to view GPU temperature in Task Manager.

Nvidia’s WHQL-certified 446.14 drivers add Game Ready status for Valorant, fixes a number of issues and also brings optimizations for Disintegration, Minecraft Dungeons, and Crucible.

Nvidia WHQL driver version 446.14 does not appear to include support for WDDM 2.7, which is shipping with May 2020 Update.

Windows 10 May 2020 Update includes support for WDDM 2.7, which enables hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling for both integrated and dedicated GPU cards.

Windows 10’s hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling feature will allow both integrated and dedicated GPU card to directly manage video memory, which will significantly improve the performance of certain games, and also increase the minimum and average FPS.

Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets Intel and Nvidia GPU drivers Hardware-accelerated-GPU-sheduling.jpg

Currently, hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling feature is available for computers with Windows 10 May 2020 Update and Intel DCH driver version 27.20.100.8190 or newer.

AMD and Nvidia are working on new GPU drivers based on Windows Display Driver Model 2.7 to enable hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling.

If you’re interested, you can get Nvidia 446.14 WHQL Game Ready drivers with the GeForce Experience app and Intel DCH drivers with Intel’s Driver & Assistant tool.

Windows 10’s May 2020 Update arrives in a few hours

Microsoft has already updated its Windows 10 lifecycle fact sheet page in Germany and Japan to confirm that Windows 10’s May 2020 feature update will begin shipping to mainstream users later today.

Microsoft previously announced that it plans to ship the update between May 26 and May 28.

Later today, users should start seeing ‘Windows 10 version 2004’ when they check for updates in the Windows Update page. According to Windows 10’s lifecycle fact sheet page, support for version 2004 will end on December 14, 2021. The same date applies to Consumer, Enterprise and Education SKUs of Windows 10 version 2004.

The post Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets Intel and Nvidia GPU drivers appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 update drivers GPU

My question is why windows update does not install the latest drivers for example GPU Intel and Nvidia ...I have hybrid GPU on my laptop.

Instead it installs older version even if the latest drivers are WHQL on Intel and Nvidia download section.

GabrielGeorgescuGG, May 28, 2020
  3. pooltaxi1 Win User
    Windows 10 Won't use NVIDIA GPU, Uses Integrated Graphics Instead! (LAPTOP)

I have a similar (same) problem with my ASUS laptop.

My Laptop: ASUS F550L laptop

SPECS:

Windows: Windows 10

Processor: Intel Core i7-4500MQ CPU @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

Integrated GPU: ?

DirectX Version: ?

I have tried the steps listed above but they did not resolve the problem.

I have attempted to download an updated driver but my driver was reported as 'up to date'.

What do I do now?

pooltaxi1, May 28, 2020
  4. Kurkosdr Win User

When will (somewhat) newer Nvidia and Intel drivers be uploaded to Windows Update?

As the title says.

I just figured out that the green-screen flashing and block-flashing problem I have on videos (at random times) happens because stupid Windows Update installed drivers for my Intel and Nvidia GPU published in August (!!).

Of course, Intel and Nvidia have published newer WHQL drivers since then, but Windows Update doesn't have them. Any info of how often Microsoft refreshes their GPU drivers in Windows Update?

And yes, I know I could just download the installers from Intel and Nvidia and install the newest drivers, but then Windows Update will GetIntoAFight(TM)(C)(R) with them, uninstall them and install it's old August drivers.

And I don't want to do the "never install drivers from windows update" hack, because after that, new USB devices won't have their drivers installed.

(ahh.. Windows 10. Screwing you till you quit...)

Kurkosdr, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets Intel and Nvidia GPU drivers - Similar Threads - May 2020 Update

2. Windows 10 May 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2020 update: My laptop keeps showing me the notification "Your version of Windows 10 will reach the end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay updated". But, there is no update available it just says "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  3. 10 May 2020 Update

10 May 2020 Update: Has anyone installed 10 May 2020 Update on Asus Zenbook UX303 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/10-may-2020-update/232d21d3-fd44-4018-b46b-9b6b79ed36dc
  4. Windows 10 is getting a major driver update on Intel, Nvidia, AMD PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting a major driver update on Intel, Nvidia, AMD PCs: To get your computer ready for future Windows 10 and app/game updates, making sure that your hardware drivers remain updated is of the utmost importance In Windows 10, you can update drivers via the Windows Update, but users are always recommended to use the driver vendor’s...
  5. Windows 10 , may 2020 update

Windows 10 , may 2020 update: Is it safe to install may 2020 update of windows 10. I have not installed it even after getting the update notification since last 9-10 days as i have seen various articles related to this update and all pf them said that this update has several bugs and not to install....
  6. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: I'm trying to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, but I heard that Microsoft has blocked the update! Why is that? When will they resume the rollout of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update? I'm not getting any error messages.....
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Hi all, I've been trying to update Windows 10 to its latest version through Windows Update but I couldn't so I searched how to do that on Youtube and in the video they recommended to go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 So my...
  8. Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets AMD Radeon GPU driver

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets AMD Radeon GPU driver: After Intel and Nvidia, AMD has also released new GPU drivers with support for Windows 10 May 2020 Update. If you’ve already upgraded to May 2020 Update or you’re planning to update later this week, you will want to install AMD’s newly released Radeon driver, which is based...
  9. Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers: New Dell laptop with Windows 10Pro. Laptop has an optional NVidia MX250 GPU. I installed that latest NV drivers. I also went into the Dell control manager system where it looked for updates for drivers. It updated A few drivers incl and update to BIOS but It also seemed to...
  10. discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel): Hello, I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example I choose the game running with the Nvidia graphic card after I look on task manager it still shows that application is...