Windows 10: Windows 10 May 2020 Update to begin rolling out next week

Discus and support Windows 10 May 2020 Update to begin rolling out next week in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 May 2020 Update has been rumoured to begin rolling out at some point in late May and it could launch as early as next week, according to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 23, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 May 2020 Update to begin rolling out next week

Windows 10 May 2020 Update has been rumoured to begin rolling out at some point in late May and it could launch as early as next week, according to reports.

Microsoft has already pushed the May 2020 Update to PC manufacturers, developers, and testers in the Release Preview ring of its Windows Insider beta testing program.

The May 2020 Update should become available between May 26 and May 28, but it won’t be installed automatically as Microsoft will be taking extra care to ensure it avoids another disastrous rollout.

Initially, only ‘seekers’ will get Windows 10 version 2004, meaning those who manually check for it under Windows Update.

PC manufacturers and chipmakers are also preparing necessary drivers for the May 2020 Update.

Intel has already released DCH GPU driver with support for May 2020 Update. AMD and Nvidia are also planning to update their GPU drivers later this month or next month.

Windows 10 May 2020 Update to begin rolling out next week Windows-10-driver-update.jpg

Instead of pushing new drivers to all devices in the ecosystem right away, Microsoft is planning to roll out driver updates “gradually”, similar to how Windows 10 updates are released to a small subset of devices at first.

This gradual rollout approach applies only to drivers released via Windows Update by PC makers such as HP, Asus, etc.

In January, Microsoft also revealed that OEMs may request Windows Update blocks for their devices if they find out that drivers installed in the existing systems are incompatible with a particular feature update such as May 2020 Update.

If your device driver is found incompatible, May 2020 Update won’t show up when you check for updates next week.

Known issues in the update

Last month, May 2020 Update has had four known issues. At least three known problems have been cured and marked as resolved in a latest cumulative update, which was released to testers last week, but there is one unresolved bug that might be a problem for those who frequently use the DISM tool.

Windows 10’s May Update has a known issue where Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool will incorrectly report the status.

DISM is a command-line tool and it is frequently used to fix issues with Windows system image, but a bug in May 2020 Update prevents DISM from reporting the correct corruption status.

Microsoft confirmed that DISM issues won’t be fixed before the May 2020 Update is rolled out:

“We are aware of an issue where using the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool to repair corruption on systems running the May 2020 Update does not always report the correct status. This will be fixed in an upcoming servicing release,” the company said.

DISM issues will be fixed with a subsequent patch in June.

Microsoft is also planning to release another patch in June that would turn on a new tablet experience.

The post Windows 10 May 2020 Update to begin rolling out next week appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 23, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 May 2020 Update to begin rolling out next week - Similar Threads - May 2020 Update

2. Windows 10 May 2021 Update is now rolling out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2021 Update is now rolling out: Windows 10 May 2021 Update is now available and rollout is expected to accelerate in the coming weeks. If you’ve got a compatible device and you can’t wait for the rollout to complete, there are three ways to download and install the May 2021 Update right now: Windows Update,...
  3. The Windows 10 May 2020 update has rolled Out But I didn't get it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Windows 10 May 2020 update has rolled Out But I didn't get it: As we all know that Windows 10 May 2020 Update has rolled out and available to every windows. I Have 4 computers from which only 3 have recieved the update From settings and not using update assistant But my Windows 10 Pro is not getting that update Tried many times to check...
  4. Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2020 Update is now rolling out

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2020 Update is now rolling out: After over a year of testing in the channels of the Windows Insider program, Microsoft is rolling out the Windows 10 May 2020 Update to the mainstream consumers. While the update will be listed as available for your PC in the Windows Update page, Microsoft is promising that...
  5. New Microsoft Edge is rolling out to Windows 10 May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge is rolling out to Windows 10 May 2020 Update: On January 15, Microsoft’s new Chromium-based Edge browser was officially launched. In January, the company also announced that it will roll out the new browser to Windows 10 users automatically via a standalone Windows Update. For Windows 10 version 1909 (November 2019...
  6. Windows 10 May 2020 Update is ready. What’s next?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update is ready. What’s next?: Development of Windows 10 is a continuous process and it receives features updates on an approximately six-month cadence. The feature updates bring significant improvements, user-facing changes, and as well as security improvements to enterprise features. The Windows 10 May...
  7. The next Windows 10 feature update is called the May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    The next Windows 10 feature update is called the May 2020 Update: The next feature update for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system will likely be called the May 2020 Update. Microsoft has had the habit of changing feature update names frequently for its Windows 10 operating system, especially in the first two years after release. The...
  8. Microsoft will begin pushing new Edge to Windows 10 next week

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin pushing new Edge to Windows 10 next week: The era of the traditional Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer successor will come to an end as the Chromium-based Edge would begin replacing the old browser next week. As we previously reported, new Microsoft Edge will be pushed via a Windows Update, but depending on your...
  9. Not seeing Windows 10 October 2018 Update? Broader rollout to begin next week

in Windows 10 News
    Not seeing Windows 10 October 2018 Update? Broader rollout to begin next week: Windows 10 October 2018 Update is now rolling out gradually to users across the world but the feature update may not show up on all PCs this week. It’s important to understand that Microsoft is offering the October 2018 Update (version 1809) via Windows Update and the system...
  10. The Minecraft Overworld Update begins rolling out today

in Windows 10 News
    The Minecraft Overworld Update begins rolling out today: Last week we shared the Overworld Update for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta and Minecraft: Pocket Edition would become available this month. Today, we’re excited to share that the update has begun rolling out! [img] This update adds a ton of new gameplay...