Windows 10: Windows 10 May Update on Mac Mini 2012 Model

Discus and support Windows 10 May Update on Mac Mini 2012 Model in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I was loling on youtube (means watching tech videos or something else) and I came across the new windows terminal video and I was amazed by the the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NSG650, May 22, 2019.

1. NSG650 Win User

Windows 10 May Update on Mac Mini 2012 Model

So I was loling on youtube (means watching tech videos or something else) and I came across the new windows terminal video and I was amazed by the the new terminal looks and its features so as a developer I wanted to try it and screw around with it.As per the requirements I needed visual studio 2017 and above with some extras if using a newer version, Windows 10 1903 sdk, Developer mode enabled and windows 10 may 2019 update.

So I had a already existing installation of windows on an external hard drive but it was full and therefore I decide to install windows alongside my mac (but I did no use bootcamp assistant because bootcamp did not want to make the usb stick and therefore i used a windows 7 laptop [which i did not want to update] to make the USB stick and i partitioned the hard drive and I installed it) now I was on October update and when i tried to update via insider build after the update after 2 or 3 minutes windows will crash with the error code WDF violation so i reverted back to 1809 and it worked.Today I got the news that the may 2019 update has been released and I tried to install it and the same thing happened after the update was complete it did the same thing revert back to the build 1809 so anybody please tell me why is it happening or it is a bug that is there in this build

it is a 4gb ram core i5 model

Thanks and regards

NSG650

:)

NSG650, May 22, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

OWC Data Doubler Adds Second Drive to 2012 Mac Mini

Other World Computing (OWC), a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, today confirmed its OWC Data Doubler Kit is compatible with the new 2012 Mac mini announced by Apple earlier this week. The 'do-it-yourself' kit enables mini owners to add a second internal 2.5" SATA hard drive up to 1.0TB or a high-performance Solid State Drive to complement the existing internal factory drive. Fully supported with all required parts, tools, and a step-by-step 'how-to' video, users can add an OWC Mercury 6G SSD up to 480GB in capacity starting from $83.99. With this kit, users can enjoy near instantaneous booting and application launches along with an incredible boost to overall system and application performance thanks to real-world sustained data rates of up to 559MB/s. While OWC highly recommends its Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSDs for the 6.0Gb/s data bus equipped 2011-2012 Apple mini, this DIY kit is fully compatible with all 9.5mm or smaller 2.5" Serial ATA SSDs, including the largest capacity in the 3G speed class OWC Mercury Electra 960GB SSD.

Windows 10 May Update on Mac Mini 2012 Model 277a_thm.jpg

OWC DIY Kit for 2011-2012 Mac mini Includes:
    • OWC 5-Piece Mini Toolkit
    • Logic Board Removal Tool for Mac mini 2011-2012
    • All driving mounting components including custom flex cable, screws, and grommets
    • OWC Installation Guide
    • OWC Online Installation Video
    Availability, Pricing
    The OWC Data Doubler Kit for 2011-2012 Mac mini models is available for immediate ordering at the discounted price of $44.99 direct from OWC's ecommerce portal, www.macsales.com. A Data Doubler kit without tools is also available for $37.99. OWC also offers an instant $15.00 rebate on these kits when an OWC Mercury 2.5" SATA SSD is purchased at the same time.

Let the OWC Pros DIFY
    If, after watching the how-to video, mini owners are not fully confident of their ability to add a second drive to their machine, they can choose to have OWC 'Do It For You' via the mini Installation Service. For only $99 with two-way shipping included, mini owners can have OWC professionally install a hard drive or SSD, and memory and receive their higher-performance mini back within 72 business hours or less installation turnaround.

"Our Data Doubler Kit enables the full internal data capability of 2011-2012 Mac minis for massive performance or capacity machines," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. "With the kit, owners can add a second hard drive up to 1.0TB, or an SSD for higher performance, drive capacity, and/or configuration options that just aren't available as factory options."

Double the 2011 mini's Factory RAM
    To complement the improved drive performance that the OWC Data Doubler Kit provides, 2011 and 2012 mini owners can also choose to upgrade RAM with OWC 4GB, 8GB, 12GB, and 16GB Memory Kits and with savings of up to 63% compared to factory options. OWC memory upgrades are fully tested and certified Mac and further supported and backed by the OWC lifetime warranty, 24/7 free tech support, and free installation videos that ensure the successful upgrade experience that is the OWC Difference.

For more information, visit the product page.

btarunr, May 22, 2019
  3. Apple Updates the Mac mini

Apple today updated Mac mini with the latest technologies and a new lower starting price, making Apple's most affordable Mac an even better value. Mac mini now features fourth generation Intel Core processors, integrated graphics that are up to 90 percent faster, 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Thunderbolt 2 and is still the world's most energy efficient desktop.

"People love Mac mini. It's a great first Mac or addition to your home network, and the new Mac mini is a nice upgrade packed into an incredibly compact design," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "With the latest CPU and graphics, faster Wi-Fi, two Thunderbolt 2 ports, OS X Yosemite, and starting at just $499, the new Mac mini is the best value ever."

Windows 10 May Update on Mac Mini 2012 Model Apple_Mac_mini_01_thm.jpg

The new Mac mini delivers new levels of graphics performance, expandability and connectivity. New integrated Intel HD Graphics 5000 and Intel Iris Graphics deliver up to 90 percent faster graphics performance than the previous generation. Mac mini now includes two Thunderbolt 2 ports, each delivering up to 20Gbps of bandwidth to each port, as well as next-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi that is up to three times faster when connected to an 802.11ac base station. Mac mini is still the world's most energy efficient desktop, exceeding Energy Star 6.1 requirements by seven times the standard and consuming as few as 6 watts of power at idle.

Every new Mac comes with Mac OS X Yosemite, a powerful new version of OS X, redesigned and refined with a fresh, modern look, powerful new apps and amazing new Continuity features that make working across your Mac and iOS devices more fluid than ever.

iMovie, GarageBand and the suite of iWork apps come free with every new Mac. iMovie lets you easily create beautiful movies, and you can use GarageBand to make new music or learn to play piano or guitar. iWork productivity apps, Pages, Numbers and Keynote, make it easy to create, edit and share stunning documents, spreadsheets and presentations. iWork has been redesigned with a new look, support for iCloud Drive and a host of new features, including a new comments view in Pages. iWork for iCloud beta lets you create your document on iPad, edit it on your Mac and collaborate with friends, even if they're on a PC.

Pricing & Availability
    Mac mini begins shipping today. Mac mini comes in three standard models: a 1.4 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with Turbo Boost speeds up to 2.7 GHz, 4 GB of memory, Intel HD Graphics 5000 and a 500 GB hard drive starting at a suggested retail price of $499 (US); a 2.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.1 GHz, 8 GB of memory, Intel Iris Graphics and a 1 TB hard drive starting at suggested retail price of $699 (US); and a 2.8 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.3 GHz, 8 GB of memory, Intel Iris Graphics and a 1 TB Fusion Drive starting at a suggested retail price of $999 (US). Customers can order Mac mini through the Apple Online Store.

Cristian_25H, May 22, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Apple Updates the Mac mini

Fair enough, it's still better than a HD 5000 though. The point is that it's just like every other time Apple updated the Mac Mini. It's not a bad deal for your typical user who wants an Apple product.

Aquinus, May 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 May Update on Mac Mini 2012 Model - Similar Threads - May Update Mac

2. Windows on mac mini

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows on mac mini: Hello,i would like to install windows on my Mac mini.I guess I need a dvd with FULL version of WINDOWS.Which version can I buy, please?How to order the DVD or something to be able to install windows on my mac mini, please?Thanks in advance....
  3. Windows on mac mini

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows on mac mini: Hello,i would like to install windows on my Mac mini.I guess I need a dvd with FULL version of WINDOWS.Which version can I buy, please?How to order the DVD or something to be able to install windows on my mac mini, please?Thanks in advance....
  4. Windows 11 on new Mac Mini with Paralleles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on new Mac Mini with Paralleles: Can Windows 10 or 11 be used on only one PC? I have Windows 10 on one PC iMac with Parallels. I purchases a new Mac Mine and added Parallels which automatically loaded Windows 11. Do I now need to purchase a new Windows 11 license, or can I use the Windows 10 license to...
  5. Windows 11 on new Mac Mini with Paralleles

Windows 11 on new Mac Mini with Paralleles: Can Windows 10 or 11 be used on only one PC? I have Windows 10 on one PC iMac with Parallels. I purchases a new Mac Mine and added Parallels which automatically loaded Windows 11. Do I now need to purchase a new Windows 11 license, or can I use the Windows 10 license to...
  6. Exporting files from Mac Mini to new Windows machine

Exporting files from Mac Mini to new Windows machine: I am switching from a Mac mini to Windows and I need to export all my photo, music and document files. is there a way I can export all my photos, but still keep them organized? I have taken great lengths to organize them by dates locations and trips and would love to be able...
  7. Windows 10 on a VM under Parallel desktop in a Mac mini

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on a VM under Parallel desktop in a Mac mini: I have a Mac mini with Parallel Desktop and then I have activated the windows I have purchased butI deleted the virtual machine and install a new one then I can not activate my windows key because it assigned to old virtual machine which I also remove from devices at my...
  8. Mac Mini 2011 Server - Windows 10 - BlackScreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mac Mini 2011 Server - Windows 10 - BlackScreen: I used now dosdudes Catalina patcher to be able to get trough Bootcamp and get a bootable USB stick for Windows 10. I have now managed to boot and install Windows 10 but right after installing the drivers (from here: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1720?locale=en_US) i get a...
  9. 2014 Late model MAC Mini - Windows 10 for iRacing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2014 Late model MAC Mini - Windows 10 for iRacing: I'm looking to use Windows 10 on my MAC for an online game iRacing. Do I need to purchase Windows 10 or is their a basic free version that would allow me to run on Boot Camp? My MAC is up to date with Catalina Reason I ask is that I keep trying via the latest download from...
  10. Some Mac devices are unable to install Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Some Mac devices are unable to install Windows 10 May 2019 Update: Updating to Windows 10, version 1903 on Apple Mac devices introduced before 2012 or newer Mac devices with older versions Apple Boot Camp or Windows Support Software drivers installed Applies to: Windows 10 version 1903 Symptoms If you are trying to update to the May 2019...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2012 mac mini with windows 10 1903