Windows 10: Windows 10 May update search bar not searching the web.

Discus and support Windows 10 May update search bar not searching the web. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, The search bar used to search local content (files, documents, folders, etc.) AND search the internet. After the update I'm limited to search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Rolator, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Rolator Win User

Windows 10 May update search bar not searching the web.

Hi,

The search bar used to search local content (files, documents, folders, etc.) AND search the internet.

After the update I'm limited to search local content only. I tried to verify if there is an option under settings --> search to turn this feature on and off unsuccessfully.

Cortana is limited to voice search only.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

:)

Rolator, Jun 9, 2019
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 9, 2019
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Windows 10 May update search bar not searching the web. 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 May update search bar not searching the web. - Similar Threads - May update search

2. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  3. Search bar

in Cortana
    Search bar: After installing the latest update for windows 10 from microsoft updates I noticed that I'm unable to type anything into the search bar. I've tried several things found on various windows forums with no success. I've also uninstalled the said latest update but no joy. Is...
  4. Windows Web search gone after May 1903 update

in Cortana
    Windows Web search gone after May 1903 update: After the latest update, I have lost the ability to search the web when using Windows Search. It was a really handy feature that I used in my workplace every day. For some reason I don't even have the option on top (as seen in the image) to filter for only web results. Am I...
  5. Failed to search in search bar

in Cortana
    Failed to search in search bar: Hello, I am running Win10 Home and I just discovered today that its search bar can't perform searching. Each time I have to restarted the Windows Explorer through Task Manger to make the search run again. I don't have Cortana. It is not seen in the Task Manager. I have...
  6. no search the web?

in Cortana
    no search the web?: cortana sometimes searches the web when you don't want her to, while apple's siri can let you say "search the web for <subject>" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-the-web/efb003a7-5a55-4bda-8968-1e8518fb1b05"
  7. Search is searching the web again

in Windows 10 Support
    Search is searching the web again: I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is disabled. However, it seems that Microsoft in their incredible persistence to get hold of all my data, has enabled web search again....
  8. Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar: I've just upgraded my laptop to Win10 (did my desktop several months ago). The laptop is unable to take input to the Search the web and Windows task bar. I've searched the web, but all I've found was references to killing and restarting Search from the task manager, but there...
  9. Search the web and windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and windows: Since yesterday i had popular news(bing) when i enter search but now that is gone and when i enter search it looks like this: [img] Any idea how to get back news on that search screen? P.S i didn't disable any related settings... 41684
  10. Search the web and Windows bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows bar: Hello, Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and will never use it. How do I get rid, I've right clicked and unticked all the ticked things but it won't go away. Also was...