Windows 10: Windows 10 May update search bar not searching the web.

Discus and support Windows 10 May update search bar not searching the web. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, The search bar used to search local content (files, documents, folders, etc.) AND search the internet. After the update I'm limited to search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Rolator, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Rolator Win User

Windows 10 May update search bar not searching the web.

Hi,

The search bar used to search local content (files, documents, folders, etc.) AND search the internet.

After the update I'm limited to search local content only. I tried to verify if there is an option under settings --> search to turn this feature on and off unsuccessfully.

Cortana is limited to voice search only.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

:)

Rolator, Jun 9, 2019
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 9, 2019
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Windows 10 May update search bar not searching the web. 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 May update search bar not searching the web. - Similar Threads - May update search

2. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  3. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Cortana
    Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  4. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Web search gone from windows search bar!

in Cortana
    Web search gone from windows search bar!: I loved web search and used it everyday and now it is somehow gone and I do not know why that is! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-search-gone-from-windows-search-bar/2f7e62a3-c9c3-4e40-9bd3-347f58f01e61
  6. How to I disable web search in the task bar search box in May 2020 Windows 10?

in Cortana
    How to I disable web search in the task bar search box in May 2020 Windows 10?: How to I disable web search in the task bar search box in May 2020 Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-disable-web-search-in-the-task-bar-search/70c15b4d-bed8-4bc6-877c-17ffd648dd9b
  7. Disable 'Search the web' on Start Menu Search May 2020 update

in Cortana
    Disable 'Search the web' on Start Menu Search May 2020 update: Windows 10 Pro 2020 Update Hi Folks, How do I disable the 'Search the web' option on the start menu under build 2004 when searching? For example when I click start and type BBC the option is shown [ATTACH] I have disabled the 'Cloud content search' options under...
  8. Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results: My Surface can no longer search the web from the search bar. It still works perfectly fine for local file search, but it will not search the web....
  9. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  10. Search the web and Windows bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows bar: Hello, Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and will never use it. How do I get rid, I've right clicked and unticked all the ticked things but it won't go away. Also was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search bar not searching web

2. search bar not searching the web

3. search bar not working for web search windows 10 education

4. search bar not searching the web windows10,
  5. no search found when searching in windows search bar,
  6. windwos 10 search not searching web