Windows 10: Windows 10 MBR Error 1

Discus and support Windows 10 MBR Error 1 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I really need help! My machine was running slow so I rebooted it. It now won't start and I get an MBR Error 1 message. I can get to the setup and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nmcampb, Nov 3, 2019.

1. nmcampb Win User

Windows 10 MBR Error 1

I really need help! My machine was running slow so I rebooted it. It now won't start and I get an MBR Error 1 message. I can get to the setup and it passed the diagnostic tests but it still won't start. If I go to the boot menu but am not sure of the order for booting. There is a recovery option in the setup menu but I was trying not to delete all my applications. I do have a backup of the data. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

nmcampb, Nov 3, 2019
  2. BTC55 Win User

windows 10 MBR error 1

My computer just rebooted and upon reboot this message came up:

MBR Error 1

Press any key to boot from floppy.

So how do I restore the MBR?

Can I download a windows 10 disk and run "fix my computer" like in windows 7?

Where can I download a windows 10 disk?

My upgrade was automatic from windows 7 pro.

Thanks for your help

Bruce

BTC55, Nov 3, 2019
  3. windows 10, reset and following MBR error 1

Hello Christian,

To assist you with your concern about the MBR error 1, you may refer to
    neilpzz
    's reply on June 7, 2016 found on this
    thread

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 MBR Error 1

windows 10 MBR error 1

I formatted a new hdd (500gb) and used it to install Windows 10 on my PC after a crash. Now it's showin

MBR Error 1

Press any key to boot from floppy.

at first boot

If I press the F12 button and choose boot from HDD, it works

If I try to boot from CD it boots fine if I have the Windows 10 install disc in

Paul

******* PLEASE NOTE *******

My pc decided to boot from a cd, it worked. I went back to my CMOS settings. The boot priority had changed the new drive to booting last, hence the MBR error.

I reset the boot order to the correct order and it works, now I feel daft!!!!

******* PLEASE NOTE *******

Scuzzy1965, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 MBR Error 1

1. Windows 10 MBR Error 1 - Similar Threads - MBR Error

2. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...: Hello friends, I have a problem that I could not solve.I encountered this problem while changing Windows. I saw solutions that clean the disk, but I have important information on the disk.I have a disk, which contains several partitions. And I already deleted partition 3...
  3. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...: Hello friends, I have a problem that I could not solve.I encountered this problem while changing Windows. I saw solutions that clean the disk, but I have important information on the disk.I have a disk, which contains several partitions. And I already deleted partition 3...
  4. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. gpt to mbr error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gpt to mbr error: hi i have only one ssd and i recently convert my ssd from gpt to mbr when I connect my bootable mbr USB to the computer it's not recognizable by the bios also my ssd it's not recognizable too can any one help me...
  6. gpt to mbr error

gpt to mbr error: hi i have only one ssd and i recently convert my ssd from gpt to mbr when I connect my bootable mbr USB to the computer it's not recognizable by the bios also my ssd it's not recognizable too can any one help me...
  7. Windows 10 not booting. MBR legacy hardware, Getting Oxc000021a error. Windows Files and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not booting. MBR legacy hardware, Getting Oxc000021a error. Windows Files and...: I have Dell Inspiron 260. This uses MBR disk and not GPTWindows 10 Pro. Was working on this PC for a long time - more than an yr.on 12/30/22, I tried using a new graphics card GS8400 1GB, installed it and tried to start, and in few minutes system started BSODing.dont know if...
  8. Windows 10 not booting. MBR legacy hardware, Getting Oxc000021a error. Windows Files and...

Windows 10 not booting. MBR legacy hardware, Getting Oxc000021a error. Windows Files and...: I have Dell Inspiron 260. This uses MBR disk and not GPTWindows 10 Pro. Was working on this PC for a long time - more than an yr.on 12/30/22, I tried using a new graphics card GS8400 1GB, installed it and tried to start, and in few minutes system started BSODing.dont know if...
  9. Windows 10 not booting. MBR legacy hardware, Getting Oxc000021a error. Windows Files and...

10. MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on

MBR 1 Error only when I restart not when I shutdown and power on: So I recently go a new SSD and reinstalled windows 10 and it works as normal but when I restart my computer I get mbr 1 error. The way that I fix it is I press esc when it boot up and I select my SSD as my boot device and it boots normally. I changed my boot device in my BIOS...