Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Center Edition? (ft Error code 5)

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Center Edition? (ft Error code 5) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, guys. I have an HP Windows 10 Home (HOME!!!) x64 Laptop and my bedroom's HDMI Display can play up to 3840 × 2160 and 30 Hertz. I miss an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LOLRyan2006, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Media Center Edition? (ft Error code 5)

Hello, guys. I have an HP Windows 10 Home (HOME!!!) x64 Laptop and my bedroom's HDMI Display can play up to 3840 × 2160 and 30 Hertz. I miss an application called Windows Media Center (WMC). It was supported/built-in in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2kx, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.x, but I wanted the application so bad on Windows 10. Luckily, I found an installer. I ran _TestRights as an admin, it worked, one restart later, I ran the Installer as an admin, but error code 5 appeared, I go to see the folder, but there is no such folder. Movies and TV won't start. I miss watching Netflix through Media Center and everything. I've followed the tutorial's steps, but nothing. Please get me an installler or solution.

:)

LOLRyan2006, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Law-II Win User

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Scott 98 Win User
    Windows 10 Media Center Error: Windows Tasks

you have to delete all listed tasks for Windows Media center in task scheduler, then search computer for all files related to Windows (Microsoft) Media center delete them , then restart all errors related to Windows (Microsoft) Media Center should be gone
    , I did these steps and all errors are gone, good luck.

Scott 98, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Media Center Edition? (ft Error code 5)

Windows 10 Media Center Error

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

• Do you use windows media center on your computer?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Move the cursor on the bottom-right and select the search box and enter into the search box what you want.
    • In the search box you enter the Schedule Task under the Settings tab.
    • In this step, you will see the "Task Scheduler" Window. You click on "Task Scheduler Library" from the left pane.
    • In this step, select the task and click on Disable from the selected item category in the right pane.
    • In this step, you check the status of the task. You will see the status of selected task has become disabled.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Media Center Edition? (ft Error code 5)

1. Windows 10 Media Center Edition? (ft Error code 5) - Similar Threads - Media Center Edition

2. WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER: WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/7ef9a367-cb07-4ff3-9807-5476cb2d7c78
  3. WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER: WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/7ef9a367-cb07-4ff3-9807-5476cb2d7c78
  4. Window Media Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Media Center: how do i conncet my pc to window media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-media-center/1eab3dec-0a3e-482a-8ee3-ee4d29a3cf0d
  5. windows media center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows media center: how to i get the internet tv to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/51d4e124-c330-4adc-ab56-07efefc6d65b
  6. windows media center for windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows media center for windows 10: windows media center is not available for windows 10, is there a work around for installing a workable version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center-for-windows-10/c8ea1d13-b934-49b5-bcc7-65932d876ee3
  7. Windows Media Center on Windows 10...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Media Center on Windows 10...: I have tried several different HTPC software packages, but none are as good as Windows Media Center. I had to keep Windows 7 on 3 computers I use for watching TV. If Microsoft would release a version for Windows 10, I'd upgrade. They could control their costs by...
  8. Windows 10 as media center?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 as media center?: Which version of Windows 10 should I use as a media center for accessing NAS held movies plus living room browsing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-as-media-center/65485306-6402-456a-9d50-70c767f3bf9b
  9. Windows Media Center

Windows Media Center: Has any one tried installing WMC on build 9926 yet? It wouldn't work on older builds. 3661
  10. Windows Media Center

Windows Media Center: I've just tested and I was able to add Media Center to Windows 10 with my Windows 8 media center key *Party Although my desktop watermark now shows as Windows 8.1 with media center. 1963