Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Create Tool Download on 4TB External Hard Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Create Tool Download on 4TB External Hard Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have 4TB external hard drive where i save all my documents, videos, photos, files and just everything important to me in it. Last night I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeDo617, Mar 22, 2020.

1. LeDo617 Win User

Windows 10 Media Create Tool Download on 4TB External Hard Drive

Hello,

I have 4TB external hard drive where i save all my documents, videos, photos, files and just everything important to me in it.

Last night I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to windows 10 in order to restore my computer to the factory setting which it required 32 GB. I decided to save the Media Creation Tool folders in my external hard drive and now forever regret it.

Long story short I am in the same situation that Barsha was in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...l/639d69fb-8bbd-480f-a958-18ce5789f152?page=1

I have also visited a lot of threads but there was no definite answer to it. I did research on data recovery software and got mixed reviews from people who have tried it EaseUs. I asked some of my technician friends and they said there is a chance the data are all gone. I just cannot think straight right now. Can somebody help troubleshoot and advise the next steps please? I know I am at fault but I have a lot of sentimental files on it from my family and I would like to recover them all!

Thank you very much for your time and God Bless!

Windows 10 Media Create Tool Download on 4TB External Hard Drive [​IMG]

Windows 10 Media Create Tool Download on 4TB External Hard Drive [​IMG]

:)

LeDo617, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Static~Charge, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Media Create Tool Download on 4TB External Hard Drive

Can't install update on external hard drive?

Thank you for that information Laura.

Since the Update Assistant is still not offering the option to install updates in external drive, I suggest that you create a bootable media using a USB flash drive and another one where we will install the updates. See

Create Windows 10 installation media
    and follow the steps under "Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file)" to learn how.

Afterwards, follow the steps below on how to install updates :

• Connect both the USB flash drive with Windows 10 installation files
      and the other empty USB flash drive.
    • Double-click the Setup.exe file to launch the Windows 10 installation from the USB flash drive.
    • Select the Keep personal files and apps option to update your computer.
    • If you get the "Windows needs more space" option, click the
      Choose another drive
      or attach an external drive with 10GB available link.
    • Click Install
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process as necessary.

We appreciate your patience Laura. Don't hesitate to post back if you need more help.

Israel Arn, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Media Create Tool Download on 4TB External Hard Drive

1. Windows 10 Media Create Tool Download on 4TB External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Media Create Tool

2. installation media with external hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installation media with external hard drive windows 10: Hi can anyone give me instructions on how to create installation media with an external hard drive for windows 10? i broke my laptop and now im trying to fix it, i have usb flash drives but they all dont have enough storage for the installation so im hoping anyone can help...
  3. installation media with external hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installation media with external hard drive windows 10: Hi can anyone give me instructions on how to create installation media with an external hard drive for windows 10? i broke my laptop and now im trying to fix it, i have usb flash drives but they all dont have enough storage for the installation so im hoping anyone can help...
  4. installation media with external hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why did Media Creation Tool deleted my 4TB external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Media Creation Tool deleted my 4TB external drive?: continued from post question: I had the drive set up with multiple drives. I assigned Media Creation Tool to drive, ie. H:. I returned to the Ext Storage Space, only to find it is now drive D:, 32GB storage space. "WARNING" Everything to this drive letter will be erased this...
  6. Why did Media Creation Tool deleted my 4TB external drive?

Why did Media Creation Tool deleted my 4TB external drive?: continued from post question: I had the drive set up with multiple drives. I assigned Media Creation Tool to drive, ie. H:. I returned to the Ext Storage Space, only to find it is now drive D:, 32GB storage space. "WARNING" Everything to this drive letter will be erased this...
  7. Create external hard drive recovery drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  8. Create external hard drive recovery drive

Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  9. downloading to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    downloading to an external hard drive: I recently bought an external hard drive for my hp labtop that connects with a usb cable. I think it has been recognized but I cant seem to look at the storage on it when I go to settings and storage it doesnt show up. Im just trying to download world of warcraft to a file on...
  10. Install Windows 10 on a 4TB hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 on a 4TB hard drive: Windows 10 went into total meltdown (again). When copying files from my had drive to an external drive I noticed a lot of I/O errors, so I bought a new hard drive (4TB). Since Windows would not boot I downloaded the latest Windows 10 64-bit iso file and burned it to a DVD....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media create tool