Windows 10: Windows 10 media creation for clean install.

Discus and support Windows 10 media creation for clean install. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Constantly get this message after trying to download and run the Windows 10 setup. "There was a problem starting setup. Close the tool, restart your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ACESsiggy, Nov 13, 2018.

1. ACESsiggy Win User

Windows 10 media creation for clean install.

Constantly get this message after trying to download and run the Windows 10 setup.

"There was a problem starting setup. Close the tool, restart your pc, and then try running the tool again."

Trying to create it on a USB drive.

:)

ACESsiggy, Nov 13, 2018

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 13, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 media creation for clean install.

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 media creation for clean install.

1. Windows 10 media creation for clean install. - Similar Threads - media creation clean

2. installing windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing windows 10 media creation tool: My son gave me an older Dell laptop. It is stripped down but has windows 7 professional on it. The laptop is stuck on Administrator then asks for password. He can't remember the password. I have tried everything to get out of it. I downloaded Windows 10 media creation tool,...
  3. installing windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing windows 10 media creation tool: My son gave me an older Dell laptop. It is stripped down but has windows 7 professional on it. The laptop is stuck on Administrator then asks for password. He can't remember the password. I have tried everything to get out of it. I downloaded Windows 10 media creation tool,...
  4. Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool: I have a HP Slimline basic machine with I3, 2.9 gHz processor and one 4GB stick of RAM. It seems slow to start and shut down in Windows. Of course it has a bunch of HP junkware on it. Can I run a fresh install from Windows Creation Tool USB? Would this help? The machine is...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 CLEAN INSTALL (From Media Creation Tool)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 20H2 CLEAN INSTALL (From Media Creation Tool): When ever you try to copy a file or shortcut to c:\ or even Desktop file explorer crashes. with the following error in the logs. Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0x996782f8Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  6. Media creation tool not installing windows

Media creation tool not installing windows: Hello, I’ve tried to install windows 10 to my computer on a m.2 ssd drive. I had windows on a slow hard drive but deleted it with the tool whilst installing. The problem during the install is quite odd. After selecting the drive for the install and creating partitions...
  7. Creation of Installation media for WIndows 10 in USB

Creation of Installation media for WIndows 10 in USB: Currently, I had to clean install everything after the SSD upgrade. But I couldn't create Installation media in a USB drive. Every time i try to create the installation media it says not enough space. I'm running Linux and tried to create USB installation media with...
  8. Windows Creation Media install error

Windows Creation Media install error: Hello, I've found several forum posts regarding this problem and I haven't seen any solution to this. I have a clean HDD that I just bought since my last HDD got corrupted. Tried to clean install Windows 10 using Windows Creation Media, right after I boot using USB, I...
  9. Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool: I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. When Ive clean installed Ive always waited until the installation has completely finished and Im at the Windows desktop. Only then do I remove the Windows 10 USB flash drive. The USB flash drive stays inserted until...
  10. creation media too for clean installation of windows 10

creation media too for clean installation of windows 10: during creation of Media tool for clean installation Windows 10 on another PC , if I select both optio (32bit and 64 bit) at selection of System type. Can I use this Media tool to install Windows 10 on both type of system architecture 32bit as well as 64bit on other PC...