Windows 10: Windows 10 media Creation ISO version question

Discus and support Windows 10 media Creation ISO version question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry if this has been asked before but I am new to this forum. I know how to use the Media Creation Tool to download a Windows 10 ISO and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mt99, Sep 7, 2016.

1. mt99 Win User

Windows 10 media Creation ISO version question

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am new to this forum. I know how to use the Media Creation Tool to download a Windows 10 ISO and have downloaded the Anniversary Edition ISO which is v1607.14393.10 I believe.

Does this ever get updated on the Microsoft site to eg v1607.14393.105 or even higher so that if I download the ISO again I will get a v1607.14393.105 ISO ?

A supplementary question is how do I know that the ISO has been updated before downloading. The Windows 10 site and the Media Creation Tool simply say 'Windows 10' and I cannot find anything on the site that says what level the ISO is currently at. I could of course just download the ISO again and look and see if the level has changed but this seems a but silly.

Thank you in advance

:)

mt99, Sep 7, 2016
  2. AlyMdr Win User

Windows 10 Home premium free upgrade installation folder

Hello Andre Da Costa,

I have one more question about the Media creation tool the latest version you recommend to download, Will this Media creation tool create Windows iso file suitable to use with Windows 10 pro and home edition in both 32 and 64 architects? and how will I Know
    if it is the correct latest windows build 1151?as long as the iso file created is called windows.iso? any way to verify this file it has both architects and both windows 10 pro and home?The previuos version of media creation tools have option to create iso
    file for windows 10 pro and windows 10 home as separate files.

thank you

AlyMdr, Sep 7, 2016
  3. Infer209 Win User
    Windows 10 version on Media Creation Tool

Hello, what version of Windows 10 is currently available on the Media Creation Tool? (Download Windows 10)

I'm planning on formatting my hard drive, and I already have a disc with the old 1511 vesrion on it. So, my question is: If I'll download the Windows 10 ISO file through Media Creation Tool, will it still be the old 1511 version, or the newest one 1607?
    Thanks.

Infer209, Sep 7, 2016
  4. Grizzly Win User

at some point it may get updated. The ISO for the 1511 version is still at version 164 even though the actual version is already 550.
    regarding the version to check before downloading, that might be still a secret of Microsoft. Not even during install there is a mention of a version, only after install is finished one can check the version.
    Would have been nice to find the file where the version is stored in the ISO, I have not found it yet....

Grizzly, Sep 7, 2016
  5. mt99 Win User
    Hi thanks for the reply. You can find the version once you have downloaded the ISO - you can Google how to or go here, for example:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-see-w...file-contains/

It does give the v1607 14393 part but not sure that is gives the .10 or .105 bit.

As you say, I think the only way to determine after download is to install it.

I have downloaded the ISO four times since Anniversary Edition was put up there and so far the file size has stayed the same so I assume it is still v1607 14393 10

Can't imagine why they don't put the version up on the site seems a pretty basic thing to do to me...

mt99, Sep 7, 2016
  6. Porthos Win User
    Because if you leave the check for updates during install it will be current after it is finished installing.

Porthos, Sep 7, 2016
  7. mt99 Win User
    Yes but I would like to download an ISO with the fixes in it ie 105 so that I don't get the problems doing a clean install which the vanilla .10 of Anniversary Edition has.

mt99, Sep 7, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

It would be nice, but as far as I know, MS has never kept the downloadable .ISOs completely up-to-date.

I'm no expert, but I believe that it's also impossible to do true slipstreaming of updates onto an .ISO. (That was an option for XP.) It may be possible to include the updates on a bootable device (DVD or USB flash drive), but that's a fairly modest improvement over getting them again by Windows Update or from stand-alone installers. (IMO).

bobkn, Sep 7, 2016
  9. Kbird Win User
    The 1607 Download hasn't changed in size recently at least......

I have not seen 1511 .550 though ? two computers here have still not been offered 1607 , though I am unsure why , do you need .550? for that to happen..........

KB

Kbird, Sep 8, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    The current iso is only for 14393.0 but with the new cumulative upgrades, it automatically upgrades to 14393.105.

After a few months, the iso might get updated but after a couple of weeks it will be outdated again.

cereberus, Sep 8, 2016
  11. mt99 Win User
    Hi Cereberus thanks for the reply, I suppose what I am asking is how do I know when the ISO has been updated short of continually downloading it and checking. Is there a way? I want the 14393.105 ISO to avoid the install problems with 14393.0 - don't care if the ISO is updated after that, and Windows Update will ensure I am always up to date.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 media Creation ISO version question - Similar Threads - media Creation ISO

2. Are there evolving versions of Media Creation Tool keyed to ISOs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are there evolving versions of Media Creation Tool keyed to ISOs: I have a month-old MCT I've used once to get an .iso. I know that the last one (.iso) I got was the latest (then) available version. In order to get the latest version available, do I need to get a newer MCT? I'm asking whether the MCTs are keyed to particular .iso's. Pro...
  3. Media Creation Tool ISO build question

Media Creation Tool ISO build question: Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before you download it? I cant find anywhere on the website where this might be listed. All it tells you is it is version 1903. Back...
  4. Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO

Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO: Hello, I'm trying to download the Windows 10 ISO for school however whenever I try the download stays stuck at 0%. I have tried a few fixes and not have worked. The link to the fixes I have tried is posted here. Some of the things he says to do seem to be inaccurate with...
  5. Media Creation Tool Question

Media Creation Tool Question: If I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive and then use the flash drive to do a clean install of Windows 10, will WinRE be used for any part of the process? I’m asking because I have an old laptop running Windows 10 that doesn’t like the latest...
  6. Windows 10 media creation tool questions ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 media creation tool questions ?: Hello & Thanks , I couldn't find a Windows 10 Forum , so here goes: Windows 10 went crazy on me . It kept flashing running programs looping them over an over . And wouldn't let me type anything in. So I managed to get it to reinstalling windows 10. I took the shorter...
  7. Media Creation Tool question

Media Creation Tool question: I plan on doing a clean install. My question is do I still need to upgrade to windows 10 first or can I just enter the windows 7 key during the clean install of windows 10? Thank you for this information 9372
  8. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  9. Media Creation Tool Question

Media Creation Tool Question: I have a USB installation thumb drive that I created using the Media Creation Tool back in August 2015 to clean install on a new laptop. I may have the time I need to upgrade my desktop and I am preparing everything I need for a clean install. Will I need to create a...
  10. Question re: Media Creation Tool and Windows 10 versions ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Question re: Media Creation Tool and Windows 10 versions ...: Hello. So, I know all about the Media Creation Tool that Microsoft has provided, and I've used it to download an installable ISO of Windows 10 after I got finished upgrading to Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool. My question is, will Microsoft stick with Build 10240 (the...