Windows 10: Windows 10 Media creation tool crashes computer on run as administrator prompt

Discus and support Windows 10 Media creation tool crashes computer on run as administrator prompt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When launching media creation tool on my PC, the prompt to run as administrator pops up, I accept, my computer hard resets. Black screen, motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamMcClintock, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Media creation tool crashes computer on run as administrator prompt

When launching media creation tool on my PC, the prompt to run as administrator pops up, I accept, my computer hard resets. Black screen, motherboard logo, restarts.

Ryzen 5 1600x

asrock ab350m pro 4 most recent bios

64gb ddr4 2400mhz

GTX 1080

For now I have found a disk to use since the creation tool is unusable, but any suggestions are appreciated.

:)

SamMcClintock, Aug 11, 2019

2. media creation tool

Hello,

The Windows Media Creation Tool allows you to download the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having a product key. You can use it to clean install or upgrade to Windows 10. It can also be use to download the different editions of Windows 10.
    Refer to this
    link
    to download the Windows 10 Installation Media Tool.

As for the build and version of your Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open up the run command prompt.
    • Type winver into the run command text box and hit OK. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Problems upgrading to Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool.

Hi Abel,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Which operating system are you currently running on your computer?

• Is you’re your anti-virus utility software disabled?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the steps provided below and
    check if it helps.

Method 1

Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows
    10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Clean Boot:

Notes

• You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot.

• Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or
      experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.

• If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to change the advanced
      boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below, in order to perform a clean boot on your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

I also suggest you to refer to the link below for more information about downloading Media Creation Tool.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Media creation tool crashes computer on run as administrator prompt

Media Creation Tool Crashing

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description of the issue, I understand that the Media Creation tool is unable to create the media onto the USB Storage.

Please let us know the version of Operating System you are using in which you are running the Media Creation Tool. Also let us know if you encounter with any error messages when the application crashes.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to try to place the computer in a Clean Boot state and see if the Media tool still crashes during the operation. Please follow below.

1. To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called
    Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may
    also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a
    clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
    may prevent you from following these steps.

2. To disable any 3rd party unwanted startup programs in Windows 8 and above, follow:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/20119.how-to-enable-or-disable-startup-programs-in-windows-8.aspx

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Additionally, also remove any other media creation tool if it is installed on the computer.

Important: Please be informed that if you are performing a clean install of Windows 10 with media without upgrading to Windows 10, is not supported and will have activation issues.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, please feel free to write to us and we will be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Media creation tool crashes computer on run as administrator prompt

1. Windows 10 Media creation tool crashes computer on run as administrator prompt - Similar Threads - Media creation tool

2. Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type: I am trying to download Windows 10 to a USB Flash drive that has 16GB to install into another computer. When I run the Media Creation Tool, I get to the screen that allows me to select the Language, Architecture and Edition, I uncheck the box for Use the Recommended options...
  3. Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type: I am trying to download Windows 10 to a USB Flash drive that has 16GB to install into another computer. When I run the Media Creation Tool, I get to the screen that allows me to select the Language, Architecture and Edition, I uncheck the box for Use the Recommended options...
  4. Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Media Creation Tool" Not Running

"Media Creation Tool" Not Running: I have Windows7 on my desktop. I have purchased a Windows10 digital licence from microsoft store. In order to install windows 10 I followed the link came from microsoft that it took me to download the "MediaCreationTool2004". After download I can't "RUN" it and it won't open....
  6. Media Creation Tool Crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Creation Tool Crashes: I am trying to do a fresh install of windows since since my old ssd that has my os has failed me. It takes many attempts to boot into the media tool and finally when I do it will crash before I can finish the set up. I can get into my bios just fine but can’t seem to boot...
  7. Media creation tool crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool crash: I’m trying to download the Media Creation Tool for windows 10 onto a USB drive so i can set my brand new pc up with Windows as it’s OS, but it keeps crashing. It prepares everything, then starts downloading (the first 100%) and then starts downloading again but then freezes...
  8. media creation tool not showing usb prompts

media creation tool not showing usb prompts: I've plugged in a clean 32GB usb but the tool (MediaCreationTool1809.exe) doesn't show prompts for USB when I select that save option. Instead it stops on showing message that I need 8GB on c: drive. I know there's no space on c: that's why I want to save to usb....
  9. Problem running Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Problem running Windows 10 Media Creation Tool: Hello. I'm attempting to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Utility to make a USB stick for reinstalling/repairing the OS and I am getting an error every time I try. Please let me know how to resolve. [ATTACH]...
  10. Media Creation Tool will not run

Media Creation Tool will not run: The Media Creation Tool will NOT run at all on my Windows 7 Ultimate desktop and my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with Windows 8.1. When I try to run it, nothing happens after clicking the message that allows it run. I know it does not start immediately but I have successfully run it on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media creation tool crashes pc