Windows 10: Windows 10 media creation tool downloaded an older build

Discus and support Windows 10 media creation tool downloaded an older build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This evening I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my PC I have been having issues with the 1809 update showing up even after trying all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rrodger9, Dec 28, 2018.

1. rrodger9 Win User

Windows 10 media creation tool downloaded an older build

This evening I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my PC I have been having issues with the 1809 update showing up even after trying all of the corrections I found online. I decided to check and according to the Install.esd file, the build that the media creator tool downloaded is 10.0.17134.1. I have build 1804 on my PC now. Any idea why it keeps defaulting back to older builds? Do I have to do a clean install of an older build and then update? That seems like a waste of time. Is there a way to get the current build 1809?

:)

rrodger9, Dec 28, 2018

2. media creation tool

Hello,

The Windows Media Creation Tool allows you to download the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having a product key. You can use it to clean install or upgrade to Windows 10. It can also be use to download the different editions of Windows 10.
    Refer to this
    link
    to download the Windows 10 Installation Media Tool.

As for the build and version of your Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open up the run command prompt.
    • Type winver into the run command text box and hit OK. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Windows Media Creation Tool won't download:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better

• Are you using Internet Explorer to download the files?

• Are you using a wired net connection or wireless net connection?
    You can use the media creation tool to upgrade your current PC to
    Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Alternatively, you can also use another pc to download the files.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further

Sachin V Rao, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Vijay B Win User

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 media creation tool downloaded an older build - Similar Threads - media creation tool

2. Is there a Windows media creation tool for Windows 7 or older?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a Windows media creation tool for Windows 7 or older?: I want a media creation tool for Windows 7 or Windows Vista, But I did not find a media creation tool That is older than Windows 7. I know that support for these has ended, But I still want It. So, the thing is, Is there a Windows Media Creation Tool for Windows 7 or Windows...
  3. Is there a Windows media creation tool for Windows 7 or older?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a Windows media creation tool for Windows 7 or older?: I want a media creation tool for Windows 7 or Windows Vista, But I did not find a media creation tool That is older than Windows 7. I know that support for these has ended, But I still want It. So, the thing is, Is there a Windows Media Creation Tool for Windows 7 or Windows...
  4. Downloading Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading Media Creation Tool: I'm using Ubuntu and I need to download media creation tool for something. But I can't download because when I go download page of Windows, it only shows me option to download ISO file not media creation tool executable. Is there another way to download it from a non-windows...
  5. Windows builds in media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows builds in media creation tool: I recently reinstalled windows using media creation tool and noticed that during inatallation it shows that iso was modified at july 10 instead of may which should be the case of 2004 build/may update. And it seems there were less updates initially after installation...
  6. Where can I download older versions of Windows 10 Media Creation Tools

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can I download older versions of Windows 10 Media Creation Tools: Hi guys, I want to reset my PC whilst keeping all my settings, programs and files. My PC is also one of the machines that is not currently compatible with Windows 10 2004. So basically, as the title says, where can I get older versions of the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool....
  7. Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO

Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO: Hello, I'm trying to download the Windows 10 ISO for school however whenever I try the download stays stuck at 0%. I have tried a few fixes and not have worked. The link to the fixes I have tried is posted here. Some of the things he says to do seem to be inaccurate with...
  8. Issue with downloading Windows 10 media creation tool

Issue with downloading Windows 10 media creation tool: I have tried to download it and redownload it and there is an error. There is a problem running this tool. Error code: 0x80042405 - 0xA001B....
  9. Downloading in Media Creation Tool

Downloading in Media Creation Tool: How to resume download in Media Creation Tool? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-in-media-creation-tool/fe621427-b54b-4e9f-b756-f80987ccec83
  10. Windows 10 Media Creation tool download location

Windows 10 Media Creation tool download location: Hi guys. Im currently trying to install windows 10 onto my pc but my C drive is only left with 13gb of space. How do i change the download location to other drives? 12501

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i use older media creation tool