Windows 10: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)?

Discus and support Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What do you recommend ? Let windows update send the upgrade and install it or use MCT? Is there any real advantage to having the ISO other than having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Leopard Win User

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)?

What do you recommend ? Let windows update send the upgrade and install it or use MCT? Is there any real advantage to having the ISO other than having it for a clean install?

Leopard, Mar 16, 2016
  2. NavyLCDR New Member

More people have had better luck doing the upgrade from a USB flash drive or ISO file from either MCT or Tech Bench than with regular Windows update. Don't know exactly why, but historically that's the way it is.

NavyLCDR, Mar 16, 2016
  3. I downloaded the latest MSDN ISO listed as (updated Feb 2016). DISM and any other check I did on the files in the ISO came back as 10586.0. New (Updated Feb 2016) Windows 10 Version 1511 ISO's are up on MSDN I installed it on a PC with no Internet connection and winver reported 10586.104. Don't believe everything you see, you may have to actualy install it to verify what build it actually is.

alphanumeric, Mar 16, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

In the DISM results, what are the Created on and Modified on dates?

Created on should be the date Microsoft made the .wim or .esd file. Modified on should be the date you downloaded it.

NavyLCDR, Mar 16, 2016
  5. Superfly Win User
    In my experience Techbench follows MSDN, which are the current full ISO's - MCT are ESD's made from them.
    Probably totally irrelevant but still, there you go.

Superfly, Mar 17, 2016
  6. 10 multi edition EN-US 64 bit downloaded today via MCT.

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)? [​IMG]

alphanumeric, Mar 17, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    The original 10586 ISO was created 10/30/2015 or something like that. A February update to 10586.104 is still not current, but wonder why MS updated it.

NavyLCDR, Mar 17, 2016
  8. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)?

I wondered that too? Why only to 104?

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)? - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL: Hi, I'm a user of Windows. I want to reinstall Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool to make the USB pen drive bootable. But, I don't want to remove the files saved in my PC. Instead of files, I want to remove apps and settings.My PC specifications:Manufacturer: DELLProcessor:...
  3. MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10

MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10: Hello dear Microsoft community, I have Windows 10 on my laptop and I want to download the iso file for Windows 10, so I downloaded the media creation tool to download the ISO file.. The problem is that my internet is slow and after 5 hours the download is at 60% and the media...
  4. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool: I'm helping my boyfriend build a PC and he needs Windows 10. So I downloaded the media creation tool. I ran the tool and went through the steps to 'create the media' on a USB drive that is plugged into my laptop. it goes all the way through the loading process this takes a...
  5. windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 media creation tool: were can i download windows 10 media creation tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-media-creation-tool/3c0c9877-366e-4705-b91d-bd15f854866d"
  6. windows 10 media creation tool

windows 10 media creation tool: I need to reinstall windows 10 home on my daughters laptop. The media creation tool only installs the pro version. How do I force it or get the windows 10 home?...
  7. Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool: Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a Windows 10 ISO file with media creation tool. I digged a little on the web about how can I accomplish that. I've read an answer at one of posts in this forum that it says: "The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will...
  8. Windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 media creation tool: Windows 10 media creation tool is still available after the Windows 10 free upgrading program closed? It is very useful to get the right copy of Windows 10 installer. Anyone who are working in Microsoft, please keep this function available all the time. Many thanks. 53503
  9. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) on a USB Flash stick?

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) on a USB Flash stick?: Hello Currently I installed Windows 10 Pro build 10586.0 from my USB flash drive created from the Media Creation Tool (MCT). My question is, I noticed that Microsoft has recently updated the MCT to the latest build. Before I decide to put this latest build onto my USB...
  10. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT: Several months ago, I downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT). I created a bootable USB flash drive from this tool back around end of December or January. Then I ran the following command as shown in the output of my print images here that the description is...